Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

What Are Some of the Funny/Crazy Things You Do at Disneyland?

Cast Members and Disney Fans/Guests Unite! For a little fun and confession time!

The question is - When at the parks, whether working or visiting, what do you do to not only pass the time, but to help enhance the magical experience? What are some of the fun things you do to add that extra magic? What are some of the MILDLY crazy things you do to break the monotany of the visit (this mainly applies to AP's that visit a lot). And what are some of the things you do to get laughs out of others, whether friends or family that are there with you, or the guests that you are entertaining?

CONFESSION TIME!!!

For me, I can get a lil rowdy on Star Tours. When the ship gets shot by one of the TIE Fighters, I sometimes shout (depending on the types of passengers aboard - too many little kids, I won't do it) "OH MY GOD WE'RE GONNA DIE!!"

Sometimes on Indy, right before the hologram of the log at the end of the ride, if I'm sitting in the back of the jeep, I've shouted "EVERYBODY DUCK!" and have about rolled out laughing when the first row of tourists all duck at the same time!

Or most recently on Jungle Cruise. When going through the hippo pool, the JC Captains will sometimes instead of shooting the guns, will tell the passengers to all be very quiet so that they might hear the baby hippo cry out for mom. Then one of them yells "HEY MA!" There's been a few times where I've beat them to it. And the captain just goes right along with it.

And lately, with Fantasmic being down for it's facelift, the Mark Twain has been making night runs around the Rivers of America. It's been nice taking those trips during the evenings, especially right after the fireworks. Last night we took a trip after the fireworks were cancelled due to high winds. When passing the indian chief on the horse, (that you can see from both the river and the train) he raises his hand up to you as you pass. On the Mark Twain, the narration says something along the lines of "On the left, that indian chief is giving us a wave...." or something I didn't hear all of it. Maybe because my quick wit got the best of me and I blurted out "Looks more like he's giving us the finger!" Made my wife and a couple of people nearby break out laughing.

So as I said earlier, it's confession time!!!
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 06-09-2009 at 09:45 PM.

• radiantly eccentric

Re: What Are Some of the Funny/Crazy Things You Do at Disneyland?

On POTC just when the Davy Jones Mist face appears, I ask out loud, "Didn't he use to be in the Monkees?"
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• Sock Puppet

My confession would involve Grad Nite and the Adventure Thru Inner Space ride.

'Nuff said...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MouselyGrateful View Post
    On POTC just when the Davy Jones Mist face appears, I ask out loud, "Didn't he use to be in the Monkees?"

Before they did the enhancements to this ride, when this part of the ride was just a dark tunnel with the three voices, when I was either on a date or had friends with me, I used to say things like:

"Please tell me that's your hand!"

or

"That's not my knee where your hand is at!"

• "I Break Things"

I am a former Jungle Skip... we are innocent until proven beyond reasonable doubt to be responsible for said incidents.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I am a former Jungle Skip... we are innocent until proven beyond reasonable doubt to be responsible for said incidents.

It reminds me of some of the tales in the first Mouse Tales book.

• Minion

This is one that may not apply to the 3.

Not sure how many people know about this part, but on Thunder Mountain, when you start to go down the second drop and you start rounding the turn and passing the goat. As you pass him, keep your eyes locked on the goat, do not take your eyes off of him. Turn your head and your back as you watch him of course, just do not take your eyes off him until you can't see him anymore. You get one hell of a rush!

I try to be pretty incognito at Disneyland...but for funsies, sometimes my friend and I will pretend to have a British accent (man those are so cool!) and go around Disneyland, speaking to each other like that or talking with cast members like that.

But yeah, I try to keep it tame.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Addicted to Disneyhol

I love yelling out, "Look, there's a Hidden Mickey!" in the pitch black parts of Indy. I'm always surprised how many people then yell "where?"
    Hello. I'm redjag and I'm a Disneyholic. I am addicted to Disneyhol.

• "I Break Things"

I will admit to this... happened a lot on Parades working Main Street before the actual Parade shows up. I used to love randomly stopping in the middle of the street and then looking up at a random window. It's amazing how many people would stop, stand, and stare wondering what I was staring at.

Sorry, double post

|
    |
    V
    Last edited by Ellis; 05-31-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Sometimes on the less crowded days at POTC when my friends and I can get our own boat, we say at the AA on the little house by the Blue Bayou, "SMOKING'S BAD FOR YOU! YOU'RE GONNA DIE!" Another one is that we like to make bets on which door we go through in the Chamber of Destiny. And my favorite one: I usually go with 3 or 4 other people, so when we Ride Matterhorn, one of us goes on the TL side and the other the FL side, and we shout when ever we meet up.

• Minion

I will admit to this... happened a lot on Parades working Main Street before the actual Parade shows up. I used to love randomly stopping in the middle of the street and then looking up at a random window. It's amazing how many people would stop, stand, and stare wondering what I was staring at.

I like you! You're so bad, so evil!!

Love that kind of twisted sense of humor!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post

I like you! You're so bad, so evil!!

Love that kind of twisted sense of humor!
    My wife would say not to encourage me... here's a couple Jungle ones...

Back when taking a picture involved actual film several of us would use this gag. We'd go to the store and buy a cheap roll of 35mm film. Then we'd pull the film out and roll it up like toilet paper, once rolled we would keep it in our front shirt pocket. When someone asked to take a picture we would quietly palm the film and place it on the back of the camera holding the edge of the film with our thumb. To stall while we setup we'd ask them how to us the camera, then step back. On the count of "3" we would move our palm allowing the film to drop and unravel (keep in mind our thumb is holding the edge of the film so it is unraveling in a long string). Guests would have a shocked expression thinking we ruined their vacation film... then we'd snap a picture and show them the camera was ok... it was just our roll of film... That was fun.

CVS used to sell bendable spiders that actually looked really real. I would usually bend the spider in a traditional tarantula "attack" pose, back legs down hind legs splayed. Then I'd hide it in my hand under my Indy hat and surprise tourists with it. I also had a beetle and a scorpion that I did the same thing with when I was bored. If you know what you're doing you can make them look pretty real. A friend made a beautiful leather pouch for me, specifically to keep them in!

I also used to have a large rubber snake that I kept in a satchel and would only take out for pictures. Some Asian cultures are very afraid of snakes. At one time over by Bengal BBQ I had 2 competing tour guides complete with their respective tours surround me and start taking pictures. I was on Jungle at the time and had a spider on one shoulder and a beetle on the other. I put an arm over each tour guide and posed for the cameras... at the last moment I pulled out the snake. It scared the guides and sent tourists running through Adventureland squeeling. I probably would have gotten away with it exept that Adventure1 (my manager) happened to be walking by headed for Lunch. She had a hard time trying to discipline me without laughing.

We also used to use fishing line and setup the spider at Jungle's exit to drop on people... yeah that was always fun... was years ago. My point in admitting all this is to say that Jungle Skippers can be pretty funny when they get bored. Jungle was considered the "Daycare of Disneyland" and we took pride in that reputation!

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

We also used to use fishing line and setup the spider at Jungle's exit to drop on people... yeah that was always fun... was years ago. My point in admitting all this is to say that Jungle Skippers can be pretty funny when they get bored. Jungle was considered the "Daycare of Disneyland" and we took pride in that reputation!

i saw a cm doing this a couple of months ago. it was hilarious!!

Die Vampire, Die!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast