Main Street Magic Shop

Does anybody have any info on the bare shelves in the magic shop? All the Adams stuff is gone.

The last couple times we've been there the employees hint at something going on with DLA management and I was encouraged today to express my dissatisfaction with the merchandise being offered in the shop.

The joy buzzers, squirting nickels, fake blood, etc. - all of it is gone. My boys don't care to go into the shop anymore.

A look online at Magic Makers Inc website says that Adams has been acquired. This would explain it but when I mentioned that to the employee today I was told something else was going on.

City Hall had no clue when I went and asked what was up. They gave me the corporate address to write to.

Anybody know what's going on?

Kirk

Re: Main Street Magic Shop

*bump*

• Fastest Man Alive

It's about time someone has said something about this. The Magic Shop can barely be called that anymore. Can't go into specifics about it, but I encourage those of who are bothered by this please write in to City Hall or onto the website or whatever. If there are enough complaints, it may become a higher priority for Disney.
    The Stores management team is aware of the problem, but it is out of their control. It's with Adams and the buyers. The Magic Shop is a special and unique location filled with history. It is slowly disappearing. Don't let it.

• Semi-Lurker

As a kid I loved the monster masks they use to carry. When I grew up and actually worked that location I hated it. The costume was cool but the store itself is really small and could get packed with guests.

• Banned User

I remember the invisible dogs when I was a kid and haven't seen anyone with one in a while in the park, but I've never checked to see if they carry them anymore. Kind of sad, I remember going into that shop and loving the demonstrations.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    It's about time someone has said something about this. The Magic Shop can barely be called that anymore. Can't go into specifics about it, but I encourage those of who are bothered by this please write in to City Hall or onto the website or whatever. If there are enough complaints, it may become a higher priority for Disney.
    The Stores management team is aware of the problem, but it is out of their control. It's with Adams and the buyers. The Magic Shop is a special and unique location filled with history. It is slowly disappearing. Don't let it.
    Agreed. It is more with the Buyers than Adams. They Buyers have no clue what the people really want and have been slowly doing this to the Magic shop for the past couple of years..

If you want to help the Magic shop get better, definitely express your feelings at City Hall.