Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Stolen Strollers!!!! 5/31/09

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum but i've been a reader for a few months now. We are first time AP holders and we've been to the parks about 15 times this year. I have 2 young boys (7 month old, 2 year old) and I'm just a little angry about something that happened to my family on 5/31/09. We had our stroller (sit n stand) stolen from the Tiki room at about 6 pm and another woman had her custom made stroller stolen also. After following all the procedures (lost and found, police report) i was starting to notice more people coming to security about stolen strollers. I found that there was more than a dozen stolen/"lost". Now i was very ticked off because the evening was getting very cold and my kids did not have their sweaters and blankets to keep them warm. My wife's sweater was also gone. Our friends, one who was there for her birthday with her boyfriend, also had property stolen. Although it's not something that i do, the birthday girl left her purse in the stroller. She did not have any credit cards/cash but her phone and digital camera was in it. What really ticks me off is that there was nothing but baby stuff in the stroller that we NEEDED!!! It is really no use to anyone else unless they are really cheap. Everyone can quote me the policies and etc (blah blah) but if they have designated "stroller parking" that give a false sense of security and then say "Im sorry, there's nothing we could do just enjoy the rest of your day here at Disneyland" what's the point? Maybe they should put a sign saying "Stroller Parking, AT YOUR OWN RISK." I'm young and I work hard to get that stroller! I had people pitch in to help! I can't just go buy another! Also if that's the way things work there anyone could just go there every weekend and have their pick at any stroller they want because no one will do anything. It seems to me like thieves have an easy place to do what they do. I'm pretty sure these people work together or something. It's really unfortunate that this happens, trust me i'm EFFING MAD, but i think the park has a problem. Just a reminder: I do not leave my wallet, keys, phone, camera, glasses, or anything else valuble in the stroller. Only the diaper bag, blankets, sweaters, and snacks.

Thank you
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 06-01-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Removed News Tag.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

re: Stolen Strollers!!!! 5/31/09

Wow, that crazy. Sorry to hear.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Wow, sorry to hear about that, it does seem like it would be easy picking if someone was inclined to be so crappy.
    I often think about that when I walk by a stroller parking area and see all the things people leave in them. I think sometimes people get a false sense of security because they are inside Disneyland. I think people are good for the most part, but someone who's an a**hole outside the gate, is probably going to be one inside of it as well.

Again, sorry to hear about your loss.

• Circle of Ancients

Sorry to hear about that. In all the years we used strollers we never seemed to have a problem. You'll find bad-eggs everywhere unfortunately. Even Disneyland.

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

Very sorry to hear that this happened.

Check on Craigslist to see if the stroller is listed there. There are a bunch listed in Orange County. If you see it though - call the police instead of e-mailing the bum.

Hope you find it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That really does leave a bad taste in your mouth. I especially feel sorry for the little ones who were made uncomfortable, because someone is a thief. A thief of the worst kind, who would steal from a child.

• Thank you, that is all.

That's a horrible lesson to have to learn the hard way and I feel very bad for you and your family. I got over the 'honor system' way back in the '80's. I'm a naturally, mistrusting person anyway so I always locked my stroller up, with a bicycle lock and nothing left in it, when I would go on a ride, because I've always known that baby-strollers are big sellers at yard sales. Once I went to a yard sale that had over 6 strollers at it. I suggest next time to buy an inexpensive umbrella stroller (I've never seen one of those at a yard sale).

why dont they have an employee stand at the parking spots? be like a coat check at clubs. not to hard to do PLUS it would be very reassuring to know that i have an actual person watching my stuff.

• The Candidate

We had our stroller stroller at Disneyland when the now 16 year old was a baby. At that time the cast member we spoke to attributed the problem to families who used the opportunity to trade up. We stayed until after closing to make a sweep of the park and you would be surprised at how many cheap strollers are left at the end of the night. Numerous rented strollers were left in place instead of being returned. I wondered then why Disney doesn't use some kind of a deposit system similar to how water parks charge a deposit for rental rafts.

In the Karma department, I am the one who changed her cloth diaper that day and the people who opened up that diaper bag were in for a nice shock!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Sorry that happened to you. We've been pretty fortunate (knock on wood) that we haven't had any of our strollers stolen and we go about once a week. Not leaving your valuables in the stroller is a great tip. It's easy to get wrapped up in the "Happiest Place On Earth" bit and be so trusting but that's what the perps look for.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

My ex and I were always aware that this type of thing could happen at DL. With due respect to the OP, how can you not assume this would never happen considering how crowded DL is? I am sure this happens all the time.

When DIP Jr was a baby we never worried about it happening to us, because we locked the stroller to a fence with a bike lock. And we never left any valuables in there either.

Edit -- This was in the days before the security tents. I don't know if security would prevent someone from bringing in a bike lock now.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Madame Momba View Post
    That's a horrible lesson to have to learn the hard way and I feel very bad for you and your family. I got over the 'honor system' way back in the '80's. I'm a naturally, mistrusting person anyway so I always locked my stroller up, with a bicycle lock and nothing left in it, when I would go on a ride, because I've always known that baby-strollers are big sellers at yard sales. Once I went to a yard sale that had over 6 strollers at it. I suggest next time to buy an inexpensive umbrella stroller (I've never seen one of those at a yard sale).
    I didn't notice this post before hitting the reply button.

Great minds must think alike!

We have an umbrella stroller that we take, but we planned to be there all day so we took the larger stroller. Mainly I wonder how these people do it. Do they take the stroller and make their way to their car or do they walk around with it inside and find a place to look through the bags? Can't they just look through the bags and get what they want and dump the stroller somewhere or anonymously turn in the baby stuff and sweaters to the lost and found? Can they really be that poor? I feel like its too easy and as soon as summer starts they're gonna hit the jackpot. Trust me I'm no dummy, I know how things work. I don't exactly live in the perfect neighborhood. I've had events happen in the area that have affected my family or friends negatively. That's just being vague in order not to change the subject. I'll be honest, i was ready to EFF someone up (so was my wife) but I didn't want to sink to that level (especially with my kids there). I'm just looking to vent and give people a heads up. Maybe someone has a positive story to tell about this situation. Or maybe people should "stop bring their damn kids to disneyland" as the single people like to say. Also, I don't think i told you so really helps. Everyone's an expert until it happens to them!
    Last edited by dadx2; 06-01-2009 at 08:41 AM.

• Rock Star Minion

$10 strollers are never stolen. If they are, so what? You'll have another one in the car.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Pilot EdForceOne

people simply steal strollers because people often keep valuables in them. It's just the way things are.. if you leave your bag somewhere, it risks getting picked up.

Want to avoid theft? Make your stuff undesirable - no bags or packed areas left with the stroller
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast