Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• WouldRatherBeAtDisneyland

Red Face What to do with purses/bags besides lockers?

Weird question:
    Some amusement parks allow guests to carry their purses/bags/belongings with them, and simply set them to the side of the ride they will exit on when it's over. Is this allowed at Disneyland? We have had bad experiences with lockers, and really, truly prefer not to use them. (FYI--I am almost positive it isn't allowed, but my sister is convinced that it is. I do hope I'm wrong...hahaha)

On a slightly different note, I'm SUPER excited for my trip! I haven't been to Disneyland in almost 10 years!

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: What to do with purses/bags besides lockers?

well, I wouldn't leave my purse sitting near the exit.
    I just make sure that I bring a purse with my that zips all the way closed, and just bring it with me on the ride. If its Space Mountain, BTMRR, or ToT, I wrap the straps around or under my leg.

The main reason I ask is because of the water rides. On Splash Mountain, for instance, we don't want to ruin our cameras or cell phones or anything...

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I would never leave my purse or bag on the side of a ride or at the exit. What I do it take a couple of grocery store plastic bags (w/o rips) and then just tie the purse or bag inside of the plastic bags. It keeps water out. For extra protection, put cell phones and cameras in a ziplock.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Hakuna Matata!

carry only what you need to survive for the day. the smaller purse the better. and I carry a plastic bag from Target or Wal*mart with me. then on Splash Mtn I put the purse and camera in the bag.. tightly tie it closed and it's good

Very good ideas! Thank you!

most rides aren't set-up for leaving your bags out and guests mull around the area so I wouldn't. The exception is The Maliboomer. I bring a zip-tote bag everytime and I get along fine and dandy.

• Circle of Ancients

There are only 2 rides that I can think of where you can leave your bags.

This would be Grizzly River Run (free lockers) and Maliboomer (Bins at the bottom of the ride). Other than that, you can NOT leave your bag at the station for any ride at Disneyland or California Adventure.

My suggestion if you don't want to get a locker or carry around a big bag, carry a smaller bag that you can close fully. Some rides like CA Screamin', Big Thunder and Indy have pouches for you to put your stuff into, but they aren't very big.

• in the Golden Afternoon

I bring a few sandwich baggies and put cellphones, cameras, and wallets in it for water rides.
    However, bringing a grocery bag and putting your entire purse in it is a good idea. Though I dont really care if my purse itself gets wet.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    There are only 2 rides that I can think of where you can leave your bags.

This would be Grizzly River Run (free lockers) and Maliboomer (Bins at the bottom of the ride). Other than that, you can NOT leave your bag at the station for any ride at Disneyland or California Adventure.

My suggestion if you don't want to get a locker or carry around a big bag, carry a smaller bag that you can close fully. Some rides like CA Screamin', Big Thunder and Indy have pouches for you to put your stuff into, but they aren't very big.
    Very good to know all of this! I didn't know that GRR has free lockers, and some rides have pouches. Thank you very much for your help!

I always take small bags to the park with just what is needed and if you need anything else you can leave the bigger stuff in the car and get it later.

• =)

Indeed, you usually can't just put your bag down. In my experience, a bag that can be zipped is usually fine on the rides, even on Splash Mountain. (Perhaps not Grizzly River Run...) I always have a backpack and a camera bag with me, and they come along on all the rides. My camera bag is thick enough to keep the expensive gear inside dry even when it's fairly soaked on the outside, and my backpack just contains food and clothing and so forth. If you're worried about the water rides, the plastic baggies could be a good plan, or you can try to hug the bag in such a way that your arms and body take the bullet, so to speak. Also, if someone in your party doesn't want to ride, they can always look after the unwanted bags.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Whenever I'm in the front seat of Splash Mountain, I always hold my sweatshirt/bag up, in the very front of the log, where it's completely covered- safe from the evil water.

Anywhere else in the log, I'll just hold it up at the bottom of each drop, so it doesn't get completely soaked. Me? It doesn't bother me, so much, about getting wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIN92345 View Post
    carry only what you need to survive for the day. the smaller purse the better. and I carry a plastic bag from Target or Wal*mart with me. then on Splash Mtn I put the purse and camera in the bag.. tightly tie it closed and it's good
    oh gawwd this is my #1 issue because I MUST have my blackberry, camera, lip gloss, wallet, extra batteries, sunscreen, compact mirror, hair stuff agh!! All this cannot fit in a small bag lol call me a girly girl but a small bag doesn't cut it so i end up bringing a tote bag

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by susstar View Post
    oh gawwd this is my #1 issue because I MUST have my blackberry, camera, lip gloss, wallet, extra batteries, sunscreen, compact mirror, hair stuff agh!! All this cannot fit in a small bag lol call me a girly girl but a small bag doesn't cut it so i end up bringing a tote bag
    I usually bring a backpack type purse with me so I could fit everything. Not a BACKPACK backpack, mind you. I mean, I wouldn't carry my school supplies in it or anything, but it's big enough to fit all my junk, easy to carry, and fits in all the rides.

On the rides, it's really easy to just hold your purse in your lap or on your feet. Some rides have pouches either in front of the seat or under it. Just remember to take your purse out before leaving the ride! It's really not a problem finding somewhere to put your stuff. On some rides like BTMRR you're just going to have to hold on to it. As for Splash Mountain, I'm not sure if you get wet enough for your purse to soak through, but you might want to bring a plastic bag or parka or something to cover your purse so it doesn't get wet. Just don't put it back in your purse with the rest of your stuff while it's wet. Put it in another compartment if you can.

I'm not really a girly-girl though. Usually the only purse I carry around is small enough to just fit my Nintendo DS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast