Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Smile Creative Ideas for a New PP Attraction????

This is always a common topic that comes up constantly but is short lived due to all the amazing photos that attract so much of our attention.

Baloo and I were discussing "ideal" attractions for PP, because we, just as many people, believe that that side of PP lacks something. Baloo suggested that the pier needs some sort of Flume ride. Which i believe is a great Idea. It could be built in the Maliboomer helix, in the current shop locations, or behind Screamin' where the current parade storage is.

I thought this flume idea could have elements of a Funhouse tied into it. And could also be a "water"-coaster like Atlantis at the Sea World Parks. This would make it a different ride than Slash Mountain, but with a Funhouse theme that is very detailed and doesn't rely on a Disney movie, or any Motion Picture for that matter. But also it would be unique to DCA, which is important IMO.

I dont know if this threat will get alot of posts because something like this is likely never to happen, but i just enjoy hearing all of your creative ideas. Thats what mice chat is all about. (plus i'd never started a new thread before)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Creative Ideas for a New PP Attraction????

Well.. the imagineers did have a flume in mind at one point..

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Well.. the imagineers did have a flume in mind at one point..

Thats a cool looking concept, but i think if that were to have come to life, at least from that concept art, it probably would have been under the same scrutiny that the rest of PP is under, because it appears to have no theme, even though it goes up around and through different attractions And appears to splash into the bay.

• Senior Minion

As I said in the DCA tracker thread, I really like this idea and have suggested the same idea before. I think it should have a dark ride section and be more themed then then that concept art, but I think there are things out of that idea that should be used, especially the splashdown in the bay and some integration with Screamin'.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    Thats a cool looking concept, but i think if that were to have come to life, at least from that concept art, it probably would have been under the same scrutiny that the rest of PP is under, because it appears to have no theme, even though it goes up around and through different attractions And appears to splash into the bay.

Definitely true.

the question i have for the seekers of the flume... is this an attraction that would need to stop running for World of Color? If that's the case, I don't want it. If there's a way to do it simultaneously, it could be fun. Deciding on the theme though would ultimately be the toughest thing.

How do you keep it in theme with a victorian peir?

Is it going to be an original concept? Movie-based? cartoons?

If it's a tunnel of love, how do you make it so that young boys don't hate the darn thing?

what kind of story would this have? would it even have one? Or would it just be a series of scenes?

Paradise Pier is pretty problematic. The only way to do it is to break theme.

YES definitely, i just don't know what they could do to make it different. Because "bare bones" Flume rides are so bland to me, and essentially they are all the same. Visually it would be nice to see some of the elements of the above picture. BUt the ride needs to be placed in a setting amongst PP and have a strong theme that works well with its surroundings. And importantly, is believable.

I suggested a funhouse type of theme, but obviously not with cheap wood cutouts.
    What do you think are possible themes that could work?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    YES definitely, i just don't know what they could do to make it different. Because "bare bones" Flume rides are so bland to me, and essentially they are all the same. Visually it would be nice to see some of the elements of the above picture. BUt the ride needs to be placed in a setting amongst PP and have a strong theme that works well with its surroundings. And importantly, is believable.

I suggested a funhouse type of theme, but obviously not with cheap wood cutouts.
    What do you think are possible themes that could work?

I tried and tried to come up with a viable solution for a flume attraction in Paradise Pier, but when it comes down to it, it would be difficult to do anything that isn't a "fun house". And the fun house idea could very well work. The trick is how not to make it anything like Grizzly River Run and Splash Mountain.

My original thoughts on a fun house incorporated the ride system used in Tokyo's Pooh ride. The trackless vehicles could zip around to various areas to check out a different fun house element. The randomness of where you're going adds to the mayhem.

Going down a boat might not be as unpredictable for a fun house.

• Senior Minion

It sounds like everything in PP will shut down for WoC, but I would prefer it to run during WoC if at all possible. I would like it to have a basic fun house theme personally, but I'm sure they'd want to attach some unnecessary character to it. In that case, I'm not sure what I'd do. Actually, I have an idea that could be kind of cool maybe, though I don't know what others would think.

It's a boat, and in what seems to becoming a big 5 area, so I suppose I wouldn't mind a Donald overlay. Maybe Donald has opened a boat ride through a funhouse. The scenes could have Donald proudly giving us a tour of his fun house, but some things don't quite work right, in extremly amusing ways for us, but he gets more and more frustrated in each scene as he humorously suffers from the failings. It would culminate with some kind of final scene where he's trying to show us his most dramatic effect, when he gets finally get so frustrated that he does something that blows off the roof and our boat "accidently" gets blasted out into PP. It would end with Donald sheepishly begging our pardon, and telling us how that will never happen again and please come back again.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It sounds like everything in PP will shut down for WoC, but I would prefer it to run during WoC if at all possible. I would like it to have a basic fun house theme personally, but I'm sure they'd want to attach some unnecessary character to it. In that case, I'm not sure what I'd do. Actually, I have an idea that could be kind of cool maybe, though I don't know what others would think.

It's a boat, and in what seems to becoming a big 5 area, so I suppose I wouldn't mind a Donald overlay. Maybe Donald has opened a boat ride through a funhouse. The scenes could have Donald proudly giving us a tour of his fun house, but some things don't quite work right, in extremly amusing ways for us, but he gets more and more frustrated in each scene as he humorously suffers from the failings. It would culminate with some kind of final scene where he's trying to show us his most dramatic effect, when he gets finally get so frustrated that he does something that blows off the roof and our boat "accidently" gets blasted out into PP. It would end with Donald sheepishly begging our pardon, and telling us how that will never happen again and please come back again.
    I had heard that too, that they would shut down the entire Pier...my main though for this is because they may not want the all the lights on every other attractions (other than MFW) Interfering from behind the Water screens. They could blackout the whole pier and that would allow for optimum viewing.

But back to the topic. I like that idea, and i think it could work. But the only thing that i don't think would help DCA is the donald overlay. But while the story would be original, its no pirates or HM... but i like it none the less so no hard feelings.

• King of Los Angeles

Since PP stands for Pixar Pier, I'm going to suggest a few rides themed to our favorite Pixar pals. Actually, I think that an abandoned fun house would make a great setting for the previously rumored Incredibles attraction. It seems like a very villainy hideout. I'd also like to see Monster's move across the park to host an old-fashioned spookhouse. The only problem is the Incredibles are a little too modern for turn of the century.

• Silly Bird?

I dig the Donald Fun House / Jet Stream Idea (yeah, you know like Jet Stream at SFMM). Seems like a great way to use a simple track layout to it's best advantage, with blind corners, tight interiors and sudden, small drops. But the piece de resistance is your idea for the finale, here's my suggestion: the dramatic effect Donald has in mind is a spinning "Hypnosis" tunnel (an omage to Space Mountain as this is also a lift hill) and Donald can't control the spinning contraption, so there's lots of steam and stress laden machinery, etc.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Fancy that...

I've always liked the idea of a Helter Skelter as the facade. A funhouse/ tunnel of love on the outside would work, it's just what would go on the inside that I can't figure out. The Donald idea sounds cool, but maybe something more on the creepy side? I can't think of a story or really any idea of what the scenes would be, but I think a water coaster would be cool, there's already a water ride in DCA so maybe just a boat ride ala Pirates of the Carribean that later gets onto rollercoaster tracks.

• I'm a Lutheran

My vote is for a classic spookhouse themed to Disney villains.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Silly Bird?

What about a surfing ride akin to the surfing attraction at Schlitter Bon, only on a massive scale. 20 riders per vehicle skipping on an artificial wave of rushing water. It would have to be a half-pipe 20 yards in diameter with thousands of gallons pumping per second. And after the vehicle goes through the half pipe (imagine that it is 50 yards length with a downward slope of 5%) the riders drop down a 20-30ft hill, backwards (wipetout!) Doesn't need a theme, but slap on a Pixar character and you've got merchandise mover written all over it.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mission Seagull View Post
    What about a surfing ride akin to the surfing attraction at Schlitter Bon, only on a massive scale. 20 riders per vehicle skipping on an artificial wave of rushing water. It would have to be a half-pipe 20 yards in diameter with thousands of gallons pumping per second. And after the vehicle goes through the half pipe (imagine that it is 50 yards length with a downward slope of 5%) the riders drop down a 20-30ft hill, backwards (wipetout!) Doesn't need a theme, but slap on a Pixar character and you've got merchandise mover written all over it.
    Do you have a picture? Could it be themed to fit the new vintage feel? If it looked too modern I wouldn't want it for PP, but it sounds like an interesting attraction.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast