Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Would There Be A Sufficient Market for "Big and Tall" Clothing at the Parks?

As you may know, I am not a small boy. Even in today's depleted state of DLR memrchandise, there are things I'd like to own...but most shirts, for example, go only to 2X at the in-park stores and even WWOD. Sometimes you'll see a 3X if you're lucky.

Yes, I need to lose weight, But from what I can see when I do go to the parks, I am not the only one that wouldn't fit into small, medium or large. Or XL or 2XL.

I have talked to managers inside the stores for years, dating back to the days when I "kissed the mouse's tail" so to speak, telling them that I thought they were missing out on a big (pardon pun) part of the market.

I told the managers at the Angels team store the same thing, and now they finally have a small selection of t-shirts and such for the beefier among us.

A 3X Tall or 4XT fits me best shirt and sweater wise.

Anyone else think I might have point? Or have I blown this (and myself) out of proportion?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Would There Be A Sufficient Market for "Big and Tall" Clothing at the Parks?

I think it would be nice if you could at least special-order such things.

Having everything at the park in a VL (very large) size would be more problematic, even if they currently carry only four sweatshirts and five tees resort-wide. The question will be "how many?"
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Minion

Re: Would There Be A Sufficient Market for "Big and Tall" Clothing at the Parks?

Iíve noticed that they are carrying more sizes for the fluffier among us in womenís clothing. Sizes 1X, 2X and 3X, Iíve also noticed that often they only get in S and/or M in shirts at the Character Outlet.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• "I Break Things"

I don't think you are asking too much as even Costuming now carries larger sizes for CM's. It may also be a style issue, the actual manufacturer may not carry a specific style in certain sizes. But if it is available then I think they should allow special order.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's supply and demand. Keep asking and maybe they'll bend.

• no flash photography...

They really need to make the clothes in DL normal sizes. I wear a large or xl in just about every store I shop in, but at DL I have to get a 2x...their large is like small or medium in most stores.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Anyone else think I might have point?
    I agree. I think stores in America in general, much less in major vacation destinations like DLR, that don't stock at least through 3X are out of touch with reality -- and missing a cash stream.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    They really need to make the clothes in DL normal sizes. I wear a large or xl in just about every store I shop in, but at DL I have to get a 2x...their large is like small or medium in most stores.
    I've had that happen before as well... it's really annoying when an XL (my standard size) doesn't fit before it even goes through the wash and shrinks!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Boat shoes all day long

Do they need larger garment sizes: YES
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Disney should have these sizes available. Heck they spent millions renovating Small World for plus sized guests.

• Hakuna Matata!

it would be nice to have the larger sizes available. We get wet on rides.. we get cold at night... I was cold so I bought a blanket last month so I could stay for the fireworks (I got the TinkerBelle one so I could pass it to mom for Mother'sDay after the night).

I would love to find (and buy) a JUMBO zip-up Disney Sweatshirt.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

There would definatly be a demand. I used to be a 3X and there were a lot of shirts that I would have loved to have gotten if they had come in my size.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Fastest Man Alive

They really should. For ladies, there actually is a decenty selection of 1X,2X, and 3X sizes (but no larger) but for men?..... There really is almost nothing about XXL. It's like Disney thinks only ladies are plus sized. Like that makes any sense at all.

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    As you may know, I am not a small boy. Even in today's depleted state of DLR memrchandise, there are things I'd like to own...but most shirts, for example, go only to 2X at the in-park stores and even WWOD. Sometimes you'll see a 3X if you're lucky.

Yes, I need to lose weight, But from what I can see when I do go to the parks, I am not the only one that wouldn't fit into small, medium or large. Or XL or 2XL.

I have talked to managers inside the stores for years, dating back to the days when I "kissed the mouse's tail" so to speak, telling them that I thought they were missing out on a big (pardon pun) part of the market.

I told the managers at the Angels team store the same thing, and now they finally have a small selection of t-shirts and such for the beefier among us.

A 3X Tall or 4XT fits me best shirt and sweater wise.

Anyone else think I might have point? Or have I blown this (and myself) out of proportion?
    I think not only is there a market for it, but they should have done so long ago. there are a lot of fluffy folks out there who would love3 to wear disney but can not find there size . I think Disneyland would make a hauling on bigger sizes!!!
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I noticed this too and it's very frustrating. It's like there is a "Disney size" and an "everywhere else" size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast