Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Too Crowded a simple idea

Throw enough money at a park and it becomes simple enough, they cut so much money from California Adventure which is why it became complicated and well a bad park from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    Throw enough money at a park and it becomes simple enough, they cut so much money from California Adventure which is why it became complicated and well a bad park from the get go.
    Lots of money != amazing creativity

Look at Disneyland itself: minimal money + huge amounts of creativity = great park

• Senior Minion

^That's somewhat true, but you can't do Disney style rides without loads of money, especially these days.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    ^That's somewhat true, but you can't do Disney style rides without loads of money, especially these days.

And we certainly can't build things as fast as Disneyland was built with all the labor laws, unions, contractors, etc etc.

Time is money.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I totally agree. Technology is expensive.

My point was that you don't automatically get something great by throwing tons of money at it. In fact, if you throw too much money at something, you can get complacent.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I totally agree. Technology is expensive.

My point was that you don't automatically get something great by throwing tons of money at it. In fact, if you throw too much money at something, you can get complacent.
    Absolutely true, the good thing we've got going for us right now is that they have to be feeling some pressure to redeem themselves from the first DCA with the new projects. That ought to keep them from getting complacent at least for the next few years I would hope.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Disney Park = Simple?

Think about it, look at all the work you need to do to design a new park. First, you have to find a central theme, then you have to create sub lands based on that theme. After this Imagineers to research trips to make the areas as authentic as possible. Next they go into designing and this takes years! If you really think it is simple, you are clueless on disney parks.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Disney Park = Simple?

Think about it, look at all the work you need to do to design a new park. First, you have to find a central theme, then you have to create sub lands based on that theme. After this Imagineers to research trips to make the areas as authentic as possible. Next they go into designing and this takes years! If you really think it is simple, you are clueless on disney parks.
    They would have to do all that? Man, thanks for clearing that up. I felt so clueless before you enlighted us.
    -Walt Disney

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Smontalvo1489 View Post
    I'm not an annual passholder... so i like the promos :-)
    well yeah promos are pretty awesome! but im sorry, 5 or 6 at a time is a little much, dont you think?

and they lived happily ever after

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Disney Park = Simple?

Oh yes they did so much work in designing a theme for California Adventure rofl.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

i too dont think its hot enough in California to sustain a successful, year round water park.
    Ummm...there are a lot of year-round, successful water parks in SoCal...such as Soak City and Raging Waters.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    Oh yes they did so much work in designing a theme for California Adventure rofl.
    Exactly, and see what we get.

They would have to do all that? Man, thanks for clearing that up. I felt so clueless before you enlighted us.
    Why am I being scrutinized? I understand that you know, yet our friend Magnus here just thinks it is so easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Green View Post
    well yeah promos are pretty awesome! but im sorry, 5 or 6 at a time is a little much, dont you think?
    YEa that is a little much, but they honestly care about bring in in the dough just as much as the next guy. And even with these extra day give away, they are getting more draw than they would have without it in my opinion. Those looking to take a week long vacation who cant at a regular price because they don't have the luxury of paying for a week long vacation, can now save some money and make it a possibility. Those are all families who may not have gone this summer without the promo.

Who knows.

• Banned User

I'm not an annual passholder... so i like the promos :-)
    please be careful.....I am sure you didnt intend this post to sound like ap bashing, but I interpreted as such. I am an ap holder and confession time: I dont always use it. I do buy park hoppers......... also, there are ap holders that are nice people

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    please be careful.....I am sure you didnt intend this post to sound like ap bashing, but I interpreted as such. I am an ap holder and confession time: I dont always use it. I do buy park hoppers......... also, there are ap holders that are nice people

I'm an AP holder and didn't find Smontalvo's post implying anything than what he wrote. Promos are good for people who don't have passes.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast