Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Too Crowded a simple idea

I have not posted in Mice Chat for a while, mainly because I have been busy with my 3D modeling and well I still have not gotten my pass renewed this year
    But does Disney have any land to make a third park?
    If so that might help it relieve some of it's crowded days since all they seem to be doing now a days is getting more people in the parks:
    Passes paid monthly
    Birthday you get in free
    Million dreams
    Hotel Discounts since Disney owns most of the Hotels now
    etc....

Re: Too Crowded a simple idea

a third park would be fantastic but it would have to be something worth going to. It would have to be, imo, a completely new idea with very little crossover between DCA DL and the other parks in Florida/Paris/Tokyo.

And if they are spending SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money on DCA, why open a new one altogether. I think when carsland, which i hope get renamed, will take the place of where a 3rd park would be needed. we will be getting a new e-ticket, which looks like it could be the big draw at DCA, a few smaller rides and resturants.

I would almost rather see disney use some of the space they have for a water park like they have in WDW. I think when all is said and done, the "new-and- improved" DCA, a waterpark, and a few tweaks at DL, such as star tours 2.0 and hopefully removing innoventions, will do exactly what disney wants, a multiple day experience.

As for how crowded the park is, that i doubt will ever change, because everyday new families, new relationships, vactions are all starting. So i think that even if they opened up a new park it wouldnt make a difference. the only think i could see making a huge difference is if the raised the price on admission to such a gross rate that it wouldnt be affordable for families.

• Senior Minion

Yeah, they own a strawberry field and adajacent parking lots on Katella just south-east of DCA, which is the best spot to add a third gate. Obviously the DCA expansion should help as well, but eventually they will probably build a 3rd gate. Early rumors suggest it will be done within the next 8 years or so, but I think that it's very early and plans are probably in flux right now, especially with the economy.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Yeah, they own a strawberry field and adajacent parking lots on Katella just south-east of DCA, which is the best spot to add a third gate. Obviously the DCA expansion should help as well, but eventually they will probably build a 3rd gate. Early rumors suggest it will be done within the next 8 years or so, but I think that it's very early and plans are probably in flux right now, especially with the economy.
    Yea, I remember a few years back, my family and I were staying at the Anaheim Hilton, and even the shuttle driver pointed out the strawberry fields and said that there was a proposed 3rd gate that would be a water park.

Its just so hard to think of entirely new concepts with so many parks now, that it will be hard to see something other than a water park working. DisneySea looks amazing, ive never been there, but that seems to show the last trace of pure originality. And it seems like the only ideas that surface, at least for new attractions, will always be movie based, rather than original ideas.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I can't wait for the day when they finally start working on a 3rd park. But let's hope they wait until someone with vision takes on the project.

The WORST thing that could happen is for them to fill the limited space of the 3rd park with hotels, a water park (CA is just too cold for most of the year), or a "boutique" park which charges hundreds of dollars a day per person but limits attendance to just a few thousand. All concepts which have been pitched for that space.

I'd like to see Disney finally build a park worthy of sitting next to Disneyland. And I agree with those of you who say that the new park should be something unique and not just a clone of other Disney parks.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

3rd park = Simple idea?

Take a look at the 2nd park. Obviously not so simple.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I can't wait for the day when they finally start working on a 3rd park. But let's hope they wait until someone with vision takes on the project.
    So, when do you want me to start.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    3rd park = Simple idea?

Take a look at the 2nd park. Obviously not so simple.
    It will be simple, now they've got two perfect examples of what to do, and what not to do. They should be able to get it right this time. I think the third gate will end up with some theme that's unique, but also close enough to TDS, AK and Epcot that it will be a natural to share some cloned rides with those parks.
    -Walt Disney

It will be simple, now they've got two perfect examples of what to do, and what not to do. They should be able to get it right this time. I think the third gate will end up with some theme that's unique, but also close enough to TDS, AK and Epcot that it will be a natural to share some cloned rides with those parks.
    I totally agree, its just impossible with so many ideas thrown throughout all the disney parks worldwide to come up with something completely new.
    BUt then again maybe my visions have been uninspired, just because of the trend we see of same attractions in different parks, it seems like if WDI cant seem to come up with completely new ideas how can we. (well everyone has the ability to create their own visions)

I had heard that the money being used to "revive"/ recreate DCA was originally supposed to be for a the Third Gate. Because they have had that land for a couple years now. And than this DCA project came out of nowhere... even though we all saw it coming and that it was necessary

• Senior Minion

Well clearly the money was needed for DCA. It would have been a big mistake to build another park before they even really got the second one to a solid standing. I don't think DL or DCA need to be perfect to open a third gate, but they should fix some of the more glaring problems in each before takling a new project.
    -Walt Disney

I don't see how you can have a unique park if you want it to be close enough to TDS, AK and Epcot. That sounds like three parks rolled into one, which seems like a recipe for disaster. All three of those are unique. The 3rd gate at DLR needs to be unique too.

Well clearly the money was needed for DCA. It would have been a big mistake to build another park before they even really got the second one to a solid standing. I don't think DL or DCA need to be perfect to open a third gate, but they should fix some of the more glaring problems in each before takling a new project.
    Thats for sure. I personally wouldn't like to see a water park as the third Gate. It works in florida because there is SO MUCH to do. But They have 4 solid parks which make the resort strong with or without the water parks. On the other hand, like Dustysage stated above, i too dont think its hot enough in California to sustain a successful, year round water park.

DL resort needs an idea, preferably stronger than the original DCA. Something that can get it close to right on the first try. A park that will take a day or two to visit itself. I really liked the idea of discovery bay in the 3rd gate, because it hasn't been done, and its original, new, and one of my favorite ideas by Tony Baxter.

But obviously they need to get these two parks in pretty good order before they break ground on a 3rd gate.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

though a third park would be pretty cool, we need to remember the crowd problems, and promotions, are due to Disney not doing the best in the economy. lets hope next year is better so all the promos stop!

and they lived happily ever after

Smile Re: Too Crowded a simple idea

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Green View Post
    though a third park would be pretty cool, we need to remember the crowd problems, and promotions, are due to Disney not doing the best in the economy. lets hope next year is better so all the promos stop!
    I'm not an annual passholder... so i like the promos :-)

• Senior Minion

Well, they don't seem to be slowing down on the AP sales and I doubt they'll end the payment plan option, so I expect the parks will continue to be busy once the economy picks up, even after some of the other promos are dropped. If DCA starts to get the numbers you'd expect, probably 8 million a year or so I'd guess, then I think the 3rd gate would become viable.

I wouldn't mind seeing a water park at DLR but I would be upset if the squandered the strawberry field for it. That land is big enough for a park, though it will be a little smaller then DL and DCA probably. I don't know if really considering it a multi-day park would be possible, it's not that big, but it's enough for a nice size full day park.

I also agree Mojave in some senses that if they blend all of those parks it will seem disjointed. But I do think it could and likely will have a theme that's more condusive to some shared concepts between them, which could work if they were creative about it. I think the likely result is some type of international theming with some fantasy elements. You not only have to think about existing rides, but future ones that could go in multiple parks. For instance, if they could share the development of a new fantasy animal type attraction, that could easily go in the third gate or DAK. If it's more about adventure, it could go in the third gate or TDS possibly.

I just think this is realistically the challenge that Imangineers are going to be facing in the coming years. We can complain all we want that it's not how it should be done, but it's part of the strategy of having multi-gate resorts to be able to clone some of the attractions. I strongly feel each park should get a handful of unique E-tickets, but to think it's going to have all unique rides is just unrealistic. The better they can create new themes that embrace certain aspects of the other parks, while also having enough uniqueness is going to be very important. If they don't have a strategy like this the parks are going to end up even more disjointed.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast