Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Re: 2009 Disneyland Half-Marathon Weekend!

I totally spaced the meet up! So much going on and just a LITTLE bit nervous. Next year...for sure.

And I hope I can find a group as fun to "talk" to for my next run. With the great time I had, I lost my sanity for a few moments and signed up for the 2010 WALT DISNEY WORLD MARATHON in January. The half was full, so riding the high from the weekend, I figured, why not try a full.

See you all in 364 days!
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Sorry for the late race report, but work as usual got in the way. So here we go. I got to the start area late as usual, I just cannot see waiting around there for an hour. I do this every race I do so nothing new for me. So I got out of the Port-o-John (TMI I know) around 5:45 and into what I thought was the end of Corral-A but this was not the case, wherever I was ended up being the very last group to leave and I did not pass the start line until around 6:30. That was cause for alot of weaving around people. Which I will say I do not mind I am glad to see everyone out there no matter what. I did not like the new course this year and being were I was it ended up so bottlenecked at times that we actually stopped once for like 30 seconds. Other times to a slow walk. I did appreciatte the extra water stops this year as it was a bit humid. So except for that I love this race and will be back next year for my fifth time. One more complaint I noticed this year they had nothing at the finish this year, in all previous years they had entertainment and other stuff for families at the finish. this year nothing. Must be the economy. Ok everyone I have the Marine Corps Marathon in a few weeks so im still on the road. Everyone be safe..

Rob

Hello Everyone! Sorry for my late report as well, but just got back to Colorado late last night. Finished in 2:18 shaving 6 minutes off of last year!

My goal was 2:15 and I have to agree with Waycoolrob below and point at least a couple of fingers at the organization of the race this year for missing that goal. I was in Coral D and got to the race 30 min prior (which should be enough time). However, I too started down the A-E coral corridoor and came to a halt due to the corals out on the road being full already. Then, someone let F and G go before the rest of the A-E people causing a LOT of weaving and bottle necks. The worst bottle neck was around mile one before entering DCA. The road narrowed and then someone decided it was a good idea to put a watering station at that exact point which caused walking for several minutes. Wasn't an enjoyable way to start the race.

Other than that, it was good weather and a fun time. Congrats to everyone on their times!

Quote Originally Posted by Waycoolrob View Post
    Sorry for the late race report, but work as usual got in the way. So here we go. I got to the start area late as usual, I just cannot see waiting around there for an hour. I do this every race I do so nothing new for me. So I got out of the Port-o-John (TMI I know) around 5:45 and into what I thought was the end of Corral-A but this was not the case, wherever I was ended up being the very last group to leave and I did not pass the start line until around 6:30. That was cause for alot of weaving around people. Which I will say I do not mind I am glad to see everyone out there no matter what. I did not like the new course this year and being were I was it ended up so bottlenecked at times that we actually stopped once for like 30 seconds. Other times to a slow walk. I did appreciatte the extra water stops this year as it was a bit humid. So except for that I love this race and will be back next year for my fifth time. One more complaint I noticed this year they had nothing at the finish this year, in all previous years they had entertainment and other stuff for families at the finish. this year nothing. Must be the economy. Ok everyone I have the Marine Corps Marathon in a few weeks so im still on the road. Everyone be safe..

Rob
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" °o°
    - Uncle Walt

• Disneylander

You guys thought you were late with your report, but this is really late. I knocked off 15 minutes from my time last year, which was easy to do because I was really really slow last year. This year Team Tigger had five women running and try as I might, we didn't make it to the track in time for the meet.
    We had a blast at the race and stayed for D23 Expo. We're all signing up again next year, and plan to do the 5K the day before. It was great to have this thread during training season, so thanks to everyone, especially BoygunaSurf.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910