A few notes from a DLR regular after returning from WDW

I recently returned from my college graduation trip to WDW. My girlfriend and I were there from May 24th to the 29th and stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter resort. I definitely had a great time. It was my first trip to WDW in over 15 years and her first trip ever.

Being a DLR regular, however, I just wanted to share two experiences.

First, one morning, Expedition Everest over at Animal Kingdom was down, but they still had the FastPass kiosks open and there were lines of people getting FastPasses for later in the day. This made no sense to me as who is to say when the ride will be back up. Giving them out may only lead to more disappointed/angry guests later in the day. I've never experienced this at DL or DCA. Usually when a ride goes down, so does FastPass, which to me makes perfect sense.

Second, and I know this has surely been mentioned a million times, but I just have to mention it again, I couldn't believe how disgusted I was after experiencing Tiki Room Under New Management. To me, this show was blasphemy and a complete mockery of and disgrace to one of Walt's most charming attractions and greatest feats (being the first AA show). I knew it would be bad, but I just couldn't believe how truly horrible and disheartening it turned out to be. It made me all the more grateful that we still have the original (minus Barcarolle) at DL.

Overall, I had a spectacular/magical trip. I will definitely go back more often now that I am able to appreciate it more since I am older and have experienced all that I have missed out on since my last trip as a young child over 15 years ago. WDW is definitely different than the DLR. Is WDW enjoyable and a magical place? Absolutely! Is it better than the DLR? In my opinion, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Disneyland will always hold prominence in my heart. I think that those who think WDW is better than DLR soely based on the size and scope of WDW forget the charm and magic that only Disneyland can provide. They are two different places each with their own strengths and weaknesses. For me, however, Disneyland will always be number one. It is the original, where Walt walked, and there is a magic at Disneyland that I didn't find at WDW and don't think I will find anywhere else.

My WDW experience made me look even more forward to my DLR summer trip or perhaps trips (want to get the most out of my AP)!

I just wanted to share these few thoughts with you guys.
    Last edited by judino28; 06-02-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: A few notes from a DLR regular after returning from WDW

Agreed 100%

Thanks for sharing!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am glad to hear that you had a great time. My first, Disney Theme Park experience was at Disney World, way back in 1997. I returned there in 2003, 2004, and 2005. It wasn't until 2005, that I visited Disneyland. As much as I enjoy my visits to Disney World, and I am visiting there in just a little more than 2 months, my heart also belongs to Disneyland.

It is always where I would rather go. I am just now saving, every spare dollar I can, so that I can hopefully make it to Disneyland for MiceChat's 5th Anniversary.

I agree. I love them both about the same for different reasons.

• All-American

I've been in the Magic Kingdom at least 100 times. I've never set foot in the "Enchanted" Tiki Room UNM... and I never will.*

* unless it's redone

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I've been in the Magic Kingdom at least 100 times. I've never set foot in the "Enchanted" Tiki Room UNM... and I never will.*

* unless it's redone
    Looking back, I wish I would have done the same. I've always tried to avoid looking a many WDW videos on youtube,etc. as I knew I would one day make it back to WDW and I wanted to experience everything first hand. As regards to Tiki Room UNM, however, I wish I would have prepared myself in order to save myself from the near heart attack caused by disgust that was brought upon me due to the show. I knew it would be horrible, but I wanted to see just how horrible. Needless to say, I wish you could have seen my jaw drop (in the bad way) once Lago (in all his Gilbert Gottfried glory) interrupted the show and led the way for all the disgusting chaos/destruction of the show that proceeded to take place before my eyes. Never again...