Radical Adventureland, 3rd Gate reorganization idea

Another thread brought up the idea for a 3rd Gate again and it got me thinking of a somewhat radical, somewhat sacrilegious idea for reorganizing some current lands/attractions into a 3rd park.

A couple major ideas for a 3rd Gate are Epcot and TDS/AK. I'd love either one, in fact, I'd like to have both, but there's not enough room. So I'm going to concentrate on the idea of the latter.

I could envision a land-based version of TDS, with maybe a bit of AK thrown in. It would be heavy on adventure and fantasy-adventure, with the influences of Jules Verne, HG Wells, Discovery Bay, Steam Punk.

Here's the radical/sacrilegious part: move the Jungle Cruise and Indy to the new park. The Jungle Cruise would become a non-comedy, more realistic, larger attraction, with more AA's. Would it be expensive to move/rebuild Indy? You bet! But the theory is you're realigning JC and Indy to the new park where they would fit better.

AND, here's the big DL improvement: you then have the opportunity to remove the terrible bottleneck that is the current small, non-expandable Adventureland. You could rework that space by expanding NOS and/or Frontierland, create a more open connection to Main Street and even add the old concept of Edison Square. On top of that, the Steam Punk theming of Tomorrowland would move to the new park and TL could return to its futuristic theme.

Remove one of the 5 original Disneyland lands? Move one of the classic original DL attractions? Spend large amounts of money moving Indy and rebuilding JC? None of those will happen, but the result might be pretty nice. Your thoughts?

Re: Radical Adventureland, 3rd Gate reorganization idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Another thread brought up the idea for a 3rd Gate again and it got me thinking of a somewhat radical, somewhat sacrilegious idea for reorganizing some current lands/attractions into a 3rd park.

A couple major ideas for a 3rd Gate are Epcot and TDS/AK. I'd love either one, in fact, I'd like to have both, but there's not enough room. So I'm going to concentrate on the idea of the latter.

I could envision a land-based version of TDS, with maybe a bit of AK thrown in. It would be heavy on adventure and fantasy-adventure, with the influences of Jules Verne, HG Wells, Discovery Bay, Steam Punk.

Here's the radical/sacrilegious part: move the Jungle Cruise and Indy to the new park. The Jungle Cruise would become a non-comedy, more realistic, larger attraction, with more AA's. Would it be expensive to move/rebuild Indy? You bet! But the theory is you're realigning JC and Indy to the new park where they would fit better.

AND, here's the big DL improvement: you then have the opportunity to remove the terrible bottleneck that is the current small, non-expandable Adventureland. You could rework that space by expanding NOS and/or Frontierland, create a more open connection to Main Street and even add the old concept of Edison Square. On top of that, the Steam Punk theming of Tomorrowland would move to the new park and TL could return to its futuristic theme.

Remove one of the 5 original Disneyland lands? Spend large amounts of money moving Indy and rebuilding JC? Neither will happen, but the result might be pretty nice. Your thoughts?
    Well The removal of indy would freeekin piss people off. Haha like you said, neither will happen but if it did those two rides alone would draw people to the 3rd gate. Id rather just see JC move. While it is a fun and entertaining classic, i honestly don't think it would be that difficult to move. I would never want to see it gone for good though.

With the removal of JC they could expand on Main Street or even go forward with their once rumored Indy coaster as well.

• Senior Minion

In a totally bluesky way I could see it working, but in some obvious practical ways I could see problems. Adventureland is so tied the the DL concept in addition to the costs, the history and the feel of the park would be changed so much. Now, if there's a hundred acre woods and an Australian reef so certain DL occupants could move to a better home, I'd be all for that.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    In a totally bluesky way I could see it working, but in some obvious practical ways I could see problems. Adventureland is so tied the the DL concept in addition to the costs, the history and the feel of the park would be changed so much. Now, if there's a hundred acre woods and an Australian reef so certain DL occupants could move to a better home, I'd be all for that.
    Haha so you'd like to see Pooh and Nemo go? I see how it is...(i totally agree)

• Banned User

I don't understand why one would get rid of Adventureland and make it an extension of a different land. Imagine the hub and how weird it would feel?