View Poll Results: Which of these two Story told/Water rides is more awesome???

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

80 67.80%
  • Splash Mountain

38 32.20%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 3. Pirates of the Caribbean VS. Splash Mountain

I picked POTC because of the thrill I get everytime just passing by BB into the fire-fly lit darkness followed by the first drop.

I like Splash, but the whole ride seems like a waiting game until the end, whereas in Pirates I don't want it to end.

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 3. Pirates of the Caribbean VS. Splash Mountain

PoC is a classic. Now I know a few people who would argue with me here, but Pirates gets my vote!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Pirates... obviously lol

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    I like Splash, but the whole ride seems like a waiting game until the end
    That's my main problem.

• Keep Moving Forward

Splash Mountain certainly gets you a lot wetter and has bigger thrills. But we don't go to Disneyland for thrills, do we?

Seriously, though, the scope and scale of Pirates is greater than any other single attraction in the park, possibly even the world. That combined with the elaborate, creative detail thoroughly spread throughout the entire ride easily qualifies it as the quintessential experience of theme park attractions.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Pirates, absolutely. Splash is a fun thing that I'll wait for if I have the time and am just in the mood, but POTC is always a must-see.

POTC has the atmosphere and storyline and most importantly, the Disney touch and I don't honestly feel that so much on Splash. There are still moments when I see some tiny detail on POTC and realize I've never really noticed it before or paid attention to how it relates to the story. I don't get that on Splash, I get a fun, kinda cutesy ride with a good fall at the end. If it were in any other theme park, it would probably win 'best in park' but not at Disneyland and not in competition with POTC.

Yo Ho!

• Goofy

splashmountain because of the better drops and plenty of them lol.

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Pirates, because its so classic that I can never miss it when I venture to DL.

• Animation Domination

Splash Mountain is a much better ride than POTC.
    I love to get wet on hot days.
    POTC is a great ride but why add Captain Jack Sparrow.
    POTC was a classic ride before the movie hype.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

I voted for one of my most favorite rides of all times (Preferably without the movie add-inns) being The Pirates of the Caribbean!
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Storyteller

Splash Mountain is simply amazing in every way, but my vote goes for Pirates, which in my opinion is the greatest theme park attraction ever.

• keh!

i would have to say Splash Mountain (especially because it's my favorite attraction at disneyland). it's quite the opposite for me, when i go to the resort, i try to get a ride on splash mountain as often as i can, but i can easily skip pirates, i don't have to ride it all the time. i understand pirate's depth in story and it's innovative historical value, but i simply can't resist rushing down the rivers of splash. i love whipping around the river bends, not knowing where i'm going, and i feel lost within the mountain. it's too much fun with its' darkness and multi-levels. "How do you do" is catchier too me than Yo Ho,

and if it's winter, i just sit in the back for the least amount of splash, i've rode it in 40 degree weather.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Pirates. It's a classic that is a key part of a perfect Disneyland day. Other than Jack getting away with the gold at the end I think his addition has given the ride a nice flow.

On Splash, I don't like getting wet, and even if I did I still wouldn't ride it unless it were a warm day. The first time I went on it, I really liked it, but since then it has been underwhelming. I don't feel I've missed out on anything if I don't ride it during a trip to DL.

I will agree with Bob on Pirates being a Disney icon. That icon spawned a fantastic movie franchise and a famous character. But because of that, it changed one of the last rides that Walt ever worked on. I'm not going to further this long debate, but I just wanted to lightly touch on it.

But also, I had to choose Splash because it was one of the rides that I worked on. So it will always be tops in my book.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    I will agree with Bob on Pirates being a Disney icon. That icon spawned a fantastic movie franchise and a famous character. But because of that, it changed one of the last rides that Walt ever worked on. I'm not going to further this long debate, but I just wanted to lightly touch on it.

But also, I had to choose Splash because it was one of the rides that I worked on. So it will always be tops in my book.

Say what????????

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    Say what????????
    <-------- Former cast member. And Splash was the ride they placed me on. But this was before they gave it a facelift and redid the logs. Pre-9/11 days basically.

Oh and uhm, though very well placed, the arrow should not be pointing at my son, though it is. But its meant to be pointing at my name.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast