Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Magical - the economies response to fireworks

Just finished watching the fireworks at the DLR and was not impressed in the least bit. There were hardly any fireworks and the ones they had were hardly impressive. Even dumbo's brief appearance was disappointing. Very scaled back from "Remember."

What did you think?
    Last edited by TheGrimGrinner; 06-04-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Sorry for spelling errors... on an iPhone...

• Official MC Thread Killer

Re: Magical - the economies response to fireworks

Well keep in mind tonight's performance was most likely, in comparison, a "dress rehearsal," and to test things out. Things may change, and others not. There could be surprises still waiting until the "opening night" performance. You never know. What I've seen so far is good. It's certainly not the best, but it's nice.

And I believe the whole point of the show was to scale back a little bit to begin with, so you shouldn't say you were expecting a spectacle to blow Remember out of the water.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Lowering Expectations

Magical left me disenchanted. I felt absolutely no emotional attatchment to the show. The timing of the pyro didn't mesh well with the soundtrack and it felt random and crudely choreographed. The musical renditions in the show do not suit my taste. None of the new shells were particularly interesting or worth mention. Dumbo was definitely the highlight of the show, albeit his flight seemed to occur all at the same height and hence didnt seem very natural. The spotlights behind the castle do almost nothing to enhance the show, and I can say the same about the confetti finale at the end. Overall, I can say with confidence that Magical has missed the mark on several levels, and comes nowhere close to living up to its name.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• future hatter :P

Looks like its going to be a long night at City Hall
    ~*~ RIP PARADE OF DREAMS~*~

• disney is love!!

i agree i am not to fond of the show.. dumbo i would say was the best highlight
    and the music for it wasn't that intriguing to keep me captivated along with the fireworks but this is a rehearsal so hopefully practice makes perfect!!

From what I've seen on the videos, I'll tell you in July, it looks pretty good except for the fireworks all being on the left side. This is not a repeat Light Magic. STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE!!!!

• Collision speed....FULL!

You guys are ridiculous; hammering on a show that just finished it's first run less than a half an hour ago viewed through a web cam. Wow. Just let them work things out like timing and such. They've got days to iron out the wrinkles and change a few things.

Well, I'm getting off my logic soapbox and staying out of firework bashing threads...
    Last edited by Nautilus; 06-03-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Some of the pyro they used was for lack of a better word.... Pathetic. There was one sequence where I was shocked that they even used something like that because it was something I haven't seen in ages.

And what about that finale?

My GF and I stood around wondering if that was really it and continued to record for a minute.

Bottom Line: If there intention is to lighten the load during the busy summer season, then I believe it will do just that. Seemed more of a "Yes, there are still fireworks, but nothing to get excited about."

Edit: I did not personally watch the fireworks from a webcam. I was basing my conclusion entirely on the pyrotechnics involved and did not base my decision on music or timing. I did however view it live and in person.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I wasn't expecting Magical to top Remember, and it doesn't.

I liked the big shells thrown in there and Dumbo looked great, but overall, I think it's pretty underwhelming. The finale could have used more pyro.

It's another Imagine... A Fantasy in the Sky, but maybe a bit better.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Lackey

I'll get on that soapbox - It's just testing, people. Relax.

(More posted at other forum)
    Last edited by WOKcreative; 06-03-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added comments at other forum

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Quote Originally Posted by WOKcreative View Post
    I'll get on that soapbox - It's just testing, people. Relax.
    Just testing with a couple of days to fix things. They can pull it off

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Magical left me disenchanted. I felt absolutely no emotional attatchment to the show. The timing of the pyro didn't mesh well with the soundtrack and it felt random and crudely choreographed. The musical renditions in the show do not suit my taste. None of the new shells were particularly interesting or worth mention. Dumbo was definitely the highlight of the show, albeit his flight seemed to occur all at the same height and hence didnt seem very natural. The spotlights behind the castle do almost nothing to enhance the show, and I can say the same about the confetti finale at the end. Overall, I can say with confidence that Magical has missed the mark on several levels, and comes nowhere close to living up to its name.

I also felt the timing was off a bit, and there were some pauses so long that some people thought the show was over.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Are there really going to be any major changes to the show between now and its official debut? I think what we saw tonight is what we're going to get.

Sure, they may tweak a few things here and there, but this is probably the show we're stuck with for the summer.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    You guys are ridiculous; hammering on a show that just finished it's first run less than a half an hour ago viewed through a web cam. Wow. Just let them work things out like timing and such.

Well, I'm getting off my logic soapbox and staying out of firework bashing threads...
    Good advice.

If people go to city hall I hope they give constructive criticism instead of complaining that it's not Remember Dreams Comic True. We knew it would be a small show and it's just filler till Remember comes back in the fall. If people let Disney know how they can improve the show it would be better since they want to please there customers.

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Wy did we know it was going to be a small show? I was hoping that it would even be better than Remember, since that has been around awhile now....

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast