Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In defense of Magical

I just got home from the park, and am a little disappointed. Not in the show, but that everybody seems to hate it already! I really enjoyed it, and think it is an excellent change of pace for the summer season. Remember is one of the most spectacular shows I have ever seen. Magical is not Remember. And that's ok! I thought there were some very creative sequences. I think the spotlights and castle lighting were used very well, and added a different touch. The pyro synchronization does need some tweaking, hence the need for a dress rehearsal.

Don't sound the panic alarm folks, everything's going to be alright. I mean, I just saw Dumbo fly over the castle!
    Last edited by goat_trick; 06-03-2009 at 10:19 PM.

• The one and only

Re: In defense of Magical

not animatronic! there's a person in it, according to a blog published today.

You're right Just read the LA Times blog. It's a puppet! Very cool stuff.

• steven.

Quote Originally Posted by goat_trick View Post
    I just got home from the park, and am a little disappointed. Not in the show, but that everybody seems to hate it already! I really enjoyed it, and think it is an excellent change of pace for the summer season. Remember is one of the most spectacular shows I have ever seen. Magical is not Remember. And that's ok! I thought there were some very creative sequences. I think the spotlights and castle lighting were used very well, and added a different touch. The pyro synchronization does need some tweaking, hence the need for a dress rehearsal.

Don't sound the panic alarm folks, everything's going to be alright. I mean, I just saw an animatronic Dumbo fly over the castle!
    well said.
    hahaha.
    i've got no strings.

• Yo!

Thank you for realizing this. Technical rehearsals are just that: so they can get the timing & everything down. I doubt Remember was spot-on the first time they rehearsed it after-hours. Heaven forbid they let the public see its test run....people probably would've run here screaming that it was a "great show" but the "pyro was off a bit." Give it some time, folks! I think it'll turn out just fine.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

i saw it on main street i thought it was very good, the score was really good also

i wasn't dissopointed at all

too bad everyone's already hating on it

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Overall it's a good show. I love it. Dumbo was the high point of the show. there's always room for improvements.

• Lowering Expectations

In defense of Magical, I clapped really hard for Dumbo.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i watched several of the various You Tube videos tonight since i won't have the opportunity to see Magical in person

i enjoyed it each time i watched it, i loved the lighting effects on the castle, the spotlights behind the castle and especially Dumbo (how could you NOT!?)

it did seem a bit "empty" at points, but i doubt they're using their full arsenal for just a dress rehearsal

all in all i'm bummed we're not heading back to DL until September, i would really like to have seen this show in person. its not Remember, but honestly, i don't know if Disney will EVER be able to top that.
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

I agree with that...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just watched two different videos of it, and I love it. I am home in Chicago, and I won't be able to visit Disneyland this Summer, so I am very thankful for the videos that are being posted.

This may not be the best place to post this, but it’s close to the topic of this thread:

For those of us wondering all day yesterday if Magical would go, know that DL did not have a perfect day of just sun and clouds. When Magical flew last night, the weather was obviously good enough for Tink and Dumbo, but if we saw last night was a bad weather version of Magical, it’s better than having Remember’s problems come into Magical.

Besides me, somebody really likes Magical!..... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxf1VAfiYnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxf1VAfiYnA[/ame]

(go to the youtube page of this video to read what I mean...)

• Lurking since 2005

I loved the lighting effects on the castle, and thought that Dumbo flying was a wonderful idea, even if it didn't look quite right yet (he needed more movement).
    Me (Jen) , DH , DD (7) , DD (4) , Belle , Kiara , Fuzzy & Fluffy (Fuz & Fluff are actually fancy rats, but there isn't a rat smiley)

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14), '97 (3), '98, '10 (PPH)...maybe another trip at end of 2010 or in 2011
    WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister, '96 with extended family (there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH...next planned for 2012 or 2013
    Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2013 or 2014...waiting for the Disney Wonder to arrive in CA!

• We Go On.

I agree with everything the OP says. I think it's a good temporary show. On its scale, I think it would still make a good permanent show- of course it will never be as good as R...DCT, but in execution it is wonderful.

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

I am just really surprised that they wouldnt do a show as good as Remember. I guess Im one of the DL dreamers that always hopes for something bigger and better with the new technology. I guess I should have learned my lesson with Pooh, but I thought DL had learned a lesson from that. Im sure this show is "fine", but when I saw the pemiere of Remember I was gobsmacked!
    The projections on the castle, the interaction from other areas, wow...just WOW.
    I know the economy and all, but I would think (hoped) Disney would do something really spectacular to draw people to the park~
    Im dragging my non Disney bf to the park on the 12th, and Im sure he will like the fireworks, but I wont be able to explain how amazing Remember was...its just something you have to see for yourself.
    I know we will still have a great time, but I now wish we hadnt waited for the new shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast