Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• back in Austin

Re: Could The Swiss Family Treehouse return?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    cast my vote for The Swiss family treehouse coming back
    Ditto. I would love to see it come back because it was more intricate and more compelling. It was appealing whether you had seen the film or not.

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, I happen to be one of the few who prefers Tarzan's Treehouse because I've been having a (secret) affair with my favorite man in a loin cloth for several years, now. It was bad enough that they discontinued his stage show at the Animal Kingdom in Florida so they'd better not mess with my man and me again!! After all, where else are the two of us supposed to rendezvous whenever we want to swing?

ORGOCH: So just what kind a drugs ya been on lately, ya crazy theme park hag?! I'd be careful if'n I was yerself--spreadin' false rumors 'bout havin' a 'secret' affair with some poor sap who don't even know yer alive!! If'n he hears how ya been assass'natin' his charater, you'll wish ya was DEAD!!!

• Minion

While a "Swiss Family Robinson" remake will never live up to the original, I hope it happens specifically so the Treehouse can return to Disneyland. The slated director, Jonathan Mostov, has said "SFR" was his favorite film as a kid, so maybe he'll do it right.

I really miss the superior Swiss Family Treehouse design, atmosphere, the gadgets, the water wheel and especially the Swisskapolka! And they could always play up the pirate traps and animals in a refurb to give it something new.

>>It's about time Disneyland swapped their tree house with the one in Florida. While they're at it, I'd swap innoventions for COP and bring back the future city on the second floor as well. That way Florida will be getting amazing new attractions and Disneyland will get back some classics.<<

I'll agree with this. Disneyland should have the Walt classics and WDW the latter-day redos. Just swap the stuff!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Judging from the box office? No we didn't.
    ...nice
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Shifting cargo

At first I was disappointed about them changing the treehouse to Tarzan, but it's really grown on me. I do however miss hearing the Swiss Family music playing through Adventureland. I'd still have to say that I like Tarzan's treehouse the best.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• All-American

Just curious, but...is the waterway still there that the old waterwheel drew from? Or is there room for one? I'm just wondering if this is even possible.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I don't think "The Robinsons" is a Disney film, so there wouldn't be a re-make of the tree to promote a non-Disney film.

I wish they would retro-fit it though, it was much better before, like WDW's is better now.

• Launch sequence engaged

I think the one thing that would make the Swiss Family Treehouse return is the success of the new film, or if Disney feels that they can launch a huge marketing blitz over a walk-through attraction to coincide with the movie premiere.

As for it returning, I'm not sure if I really care all that much. I loved the original Swiss Family Treehouse, because I remember seeing glimpses of the movie as a kid and wanting to be in that treehouse. I don't think the emotional attachment is there anymore, as Tarazan seems like an appropriate tenant. I don't think it weakens the theme of Adventureland in any sense.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    It's about time Disneyland swapped their tree house with the one in Florida. While they're at it, I'd swap innoventions for COP and bring back the future city on the second floor as well. That way Florida will be getting amazing new attractions and Disneyland will get back some classics.
    We already have Innoventions and what makes you think we want Tarzans Treehouse?

• Minion

>>I don't think "The Robinsons" is a Disney film, so there wouldn't be a re-make of the tree to promote a non-Disney film.<<

Yes, the "Swiss Family Robinson" remake is from Walt Disney Pictures.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    The Robinsons? Didn't we already meet them?
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• "I Break Things"

I've said it before. I really don't care if it's Tarzan's Treehouse or if it is Swiss. My complaint is the manner in which they decided to present the current Treehouse and the lack of "rooms" in the tree itself. With Swiss there just seemed to be so much more. Not having a Disney Store Display starring me down certainly helped.

They could easily have converted or added on to the old Swiss and made it Tarzan without all the Disney Store displays. That is my complaint... not who is in it, but how it was displayed there.

I also feel it does detract from the experience driven theme of Adventureland. We can explore a Temple with Indy, or search through the depths of the Jungle Cruise. Then when we're done lets look at a static cartoon character in a treehouse!

It only even really matters to me at all if it means getting that amazing water system back. I was less offended than perhaps I should have been when I learned of the Tarzan re-theme, but when I found out about the loss of the water system I was horrified.
    If this means that the water system comes back, then I say a re-theme to Will Smith Family Robinson is a-okay. If it doesn't, then I don't care either way, because the tree will continue to be dead to me.

• HauntedOne999

While I am all for the removal of the Tarzan stairs and bridge (because it blocks too much of the walkway). I really dont mind it remaining Tarzan. My only major changes would be:

1) Tarzan and Jane Porter face characters would make regular appearances in the interactive area. Terk would also make appearences.

2) the treehouse would get a staffed by 4 CM's - Greeter, Treehouse, Interactive, and a breaker. 20 minute rotations. Costume would be basic Adventurland, but with pith helmets instead of a fedora.

although Disney would never staff the treehouse again... I feel that they would help with safty, keep the treehouse maintained, and help children learn more about the attraction... instead of using it as a jungle gym and breaking things.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    1) Tarzan and Jane Porter face characters would make regular appearances in the interactive area. Terk would also make appearences.
    I would love to see this IF they take out the static displays in the treehouse itself. This would also require a complete re-work of the drawing room.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast