Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Could The Swiss Family Treehouse return?

I was looking online and noticed that a Disney remake of Swiss Family Robinson is expected to be released to theaters in 2011/2012.

We all know that Disney loves to promote attractions related to newly released movies. Maybe we will finally see the Swiss Family Treehouse return?

Thoughts?

• Collision speed....FULL!

Re: Could The Swiss Family Treehouse return?

Really? A remake! That could be good I guess; that would be the only reason I could think of to bring back the attraction!

Whose starring in it? The Jonas Brothers?

• Infinitized!

I'd like to see the water system return, with the water wheel. I thought that was great when I was a kid.

Will Smith and his whole family are supposedly going to be starring in a remake of the classic Swiss Family Robinson, only this time it will just be entitled, The Robinsons.

http://backseatcuddler.com/2009/02/2...th-and-family/
    Oh dear. That can't be good. Well if it keeps Will Smith out of playing Captain Nemo in the 20K prequel (McG--Don't screw it up!) than I'm all for it!

Well, whether it's Will Smith or not, the Swiss Family needs to return home to their treehouse in DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I'd like to see the water system return, with the water wheel. I thought that was great when I was a kid.
    Yes indeed! That mechanical way of transporting water always intrigued me (it still does today!)

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I doubt it will come back, be nice though
    Like someone else said....loved the water wheel.

Disney and it's remake films. Can't really think of one that could be called a classic.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
    I was looking online and noticed that a Disney remake of Swiss Family Robinson is expected to be released to theaters in 2011/2012.

We all know that Disney loves to promote attractions related to newly released movies. Maybe we will finally see the Swiss Family Treehouse return?

Thoughts?

cast my vote for The Swiss family treehouse coming back

• "I Break Things"

Could it be done... yes... will it be done... not likely. One of the most amazing things about the Old Treehouse was the sheer amount of props in each room. The place actually felt "lived in" and seeing all the inventions was pure amazement. Tarzan by comparison looks like a couple huts that a tornado dropped in a tree after it went shopping at a Disney store.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Trouble a'Bruin

I would love it to be done, but far more likely it will save the disneyworld version of the attraction and the disneyland will be stuck as tarzan. unless they turn it into the hannah montana tree club house :P
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

• Special Agent

I would guess the numbers for the Tarzan Treehouse are strong enough to support it sticking around for awhile longer.

• Animatronic

It's about time Disneyland swapped their tree house with the one in Florida. While they're at it, I'd swap innoventions for COP and bring back the future city on the second floor as well. That way Florida will be getting amazing new attractions and Disneyland will get back some classics.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Minion

...only this time it will just be entitled, The Robinsons.
    The Robinsons? Didn't we already meet them?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    The Robinsons? Didn't we already meet them?
    Judging from the box office? No we didn't.

• A Weather Eye Open

Isn't a movie called "The Robinsons" a little like "Meet The Robinsons"? Also, there was just a movie in 2005 called "The Robinsons". This sounds iffy to me right now...
    Plus why have Swiss Family Robinson that isn't Swiss? Isn't that part of the story? I don't know if I"m liking the sound of this...

I never got to experience the original attraction, and I doubt I ever will. I don't know if Disney realizes how many great live action movies they have in their history. They're not a part of the animated canon, so they get less attention (Well, Ms. Poppins does pretty well for herself). They could really use some nice DVD editions, some clever advertising, and make even some theatrical re-releases in select theatres to bring them to the kids of today. I haven't even seen them all, and the more I see of them the more I love them. Plus, growing up I loved watching films like the original Parent Trap, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Pete's Dragon, and I'm finding that a lot of other kids my age (20) loved them too.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Could it be done... yes... will it be done... not likely. One of the most amazing things about the Old Treehouse was the sheer amount of props in each room. The place actually felt "lived in" and seeing all the inventions was pure amazement. Tarzan by comparison looks like a couple huts that a tornado dropped in a tree after it went shopping at a Disney store.

too true....as well as the addition of the tree entrance smack dab in the middle of a major traffic flow artery, wasn't that why they bulit the bridge over the POTC queue? to improve traffic flow thru that area? then the Pressler Crew comes in and screws it up...brilliant.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast