Thumbs up Summer Nightastic Halftime Show?

Mickey and Friends Join the Chivas USA By: XK Submission Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:54 am
    To celebrate Disney’s Summer Nightastic and Chivas USA’s Fifth Anniversary, a special halftime show will be presented at the Chivas USA vs. Seattle Sounders FC game on Saturday, June 6 at 7:30 p.m. at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. to kick off the new after-dark entertainment at the Disneyland Resort from June 12- Aug. 23.

Disneyland Resort will glow like never before this summer as it debuts an all-new fireworks show, Magical, along with sensational new characters and effects that will brighten the Summer Nightastic! lineup of after-dark entertainment.

At this Saturday’s Chivas USA game, the Disneyland Resort will help fans celebrate in the following ways:

• As Guests enter the stadium, they will receive a pair of Summer Nightastic! Thunder Sticks.
    • Mickey Mouse and Carmen Jara will conduct the official coin-toss to start the game.
    • Carmen Jara will sing “México, Lindo y Querido” before kickoff.
    • Disneyland Resort will present a special halftime moment featuring a cast of Disney characters in celebration of Summer Nightastic!

WHO: Disneyland Resort representatives, Chivas USA, Mickey Mouse and Mexican Regional recording artist Carmen Jara (Interviews with Carmen Jara and Disneyland Resort Spokesperson will be available following the coin toss.)

WHY: Disneyland has served as a Chivas USA “team partner” since 2006. The team also makes an annual visit to the park for a team photograph.

WHERE: The Home Depot Center , 18400 Avalon Blvd., Carson, CA 90746

WHEN: Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 6 p.m. with the halftime moment starting at 8:45 p.m.

IF ANYONE ON HERE IS GOING PLEASE TAKE VIDEO AND PICS!!
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-07-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Re: Summer Nightastic Halftime Show?

Haha I was thinking this was going to be on TV but I guess not? I really know nothing about sports. :-P

But this really sounds exciting. It's great that they'll keep Nightastic going through the 23rd. Just one day short and I'd miss out on my birthday!

Re: Summer Nightastic Halftime Show?

It's on FSN Prime Ticket but 1: most games on here are regional, and 2: halftime entertainment is usually glossed over anyway. At most you'll see a snippet or two, and maybe some in the background while the commentators are doing their halftime commenting. Anyone with MLS Direct Kick can see the game.