Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Can anyone tell me what is happening to the 'giant marble' in Tomorrowland?

This is an area of the park that I have never really liked.

A) There is a Arcade there. Why would I ever spend valuable vacation time playing games I could play at the mall. (not that I would)

B) The space thingie- spin-a-round-on-the-roof-thingie across the way is really disappointing and somewhat confusing.

C) The Marble thingie is neither artistic or futuristic.... and it's huge. A space themed teacup ride could fill the spot or anything really. I know that it was originally a fountain/ water park and it got ...ummm.. icky when tourists would pretty much bathe in there.... but why keep the ball?

D) Pizza Port is OK... but really large. Have they scaled that back at all?

E) The Rocket Ship is an honamge to the past but it just makes me miss the past.

F) Ditto for the Rocket Rod tracks.

G) Inoventions.........sheesh. A slight improvement over the arcade but only cause you don;t spend quarters.

H) Space Mountain is the only saving grace in the area.

SO anyways, DARKBEER posted a photo a few weeks back of some construction in that area.... did they remove the marble? Please don;t tell me they just painted it and are planning to keep it!

I) Honey I Shrunk My Enthusiasm... lets go back to Adevntureland.

Disney Road

• =)

Re: Can anyone tell me what is happenong to the 'giant marble' in Tomorrowland?

The marble is ostensibly staying, with what appear to be benches and planters being built around it for the parents. I took this on Tuesday:

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

It is my understanding that the marble is going to be turned into thousands of smaller marbles, which will then be auctioned off on E bay. That is the word anyway. The former occurring sometime during this summer, then by fall, the auctioning will begin to take place.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Animatronic

It's too bad they can't do a two story arcade with the latest games you can't find anywhere else, replace HISTA and Pizza Port with a Space Place eatery and an open air Space Stage, and then have a speed ramp coming down from Space Mountain where the giant snot ball is now. If they did all that, that area would be awesome!

But yeah, it looks like they are putting in benches so the germaphobic can watch their friends risk their lives by touching the snot ball.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Returning to DL 2/29

Benches WHAT well that sucks Maybe more fireworks view are YAY!!!!
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The marble is ostensibly staying, with what appear to be benches and planters being built around it for the parents. I took this on Tuesday:

Gah! More things to try and walk around when it's crowded.

Dang. I sound like a really old, cranky AP holder right now, don't I?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Great.

Thank you, Disney, for figuring out yet another way to block the flow of traffic in an area that does not need to be blocked.

Yep..thats what it will be!

ARRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!! How can they possibly make huge jumps in 'Tomorrowland Goodness' in the past few years with Buzz LIghtyear, The Subs and quite frankly, The Jedi Training is a hoot for the young ones who do not fancy the Princess Fantasy Faire.... but how is it possible to make such a huge mistake by putting benches in that area.

I know that I suggested a ride and, yes, that would hurt flow even more, but at least its an attraction... not a distraction.

Will there be some trees or do you need to sit directly in the sun when viewing your snot ball?

Disney Road

I would rather see a pink, then green dino selling sunglasses there than the snot ball.

Disney Road

Quote Originally Posted by Stinker Bell View Post
    It is my understanding that the marble is going to be turned into thousands of smaller marbles, which will then be auctioned off on E bay. That is the word anyway. The former occurring sometime during this summer, then by fall, the auctioning will begin to take place.
    Thank goodness, for a moment I thought they were going to do something silly.

Disney Road

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    I would rather see a pink, then green dino selling sunglasses there than the snot ball.

The marble is ostensibly staying, with what appear to be benches and planters being built around it for the parents.
    Benches and planters... Sheesh!
    Those are Jet blast deflectors for the Real Rocket that they are building.

• The Dudester

The benches aren't taking up THAT much space. You had to walk around the ball, and the hordes of children touching it, to get through that area anyway. What I don't like is that they are keeping the ball there! With large groups of kids (especially when school groups are around!) splashing about around the ball that will not exactly be a peaceful and relaxing place to sit. I don't mind the benches and planters (hopefully they will be to sorts of plants that will provide shade!), the area was a barren wasteland anyway. I just wish they'd do away with that ball! Now, that arcade and the rest of area is another discussion altogether!

• Pilot EdForceOne

traffic isn't a problem in that area anyways.. its over by star tours and buzz where the bottleneck is. This will hopefully bring some needed shade and rest space into TL.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast