Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for fireworks...

My first, late and lots of pics trip report!!!

This is my first trip report and first thread…So first a little bit of background on me “Pandagirl” A.K.A. Michelle...
    I lived in SoCal until I was 9 and my family and I would go to Disneyland atleast once a year. Once we moved to Arizona my parents always made sure we made it out there still atleast once a year. This is a tradition that I’ve kept up now that I have my own family. 2 boys (ages 11 and 8) and one girl (age 2). This past March my boys decided that they were “sick of going to Disneyland “ and that “It’s boring” Imagine my horror. I was so disappointed. How could I raise two boys without a lifelong commitment and love for Disneyland that I have so deep in my heart? What could I do? Well I went without them. Just me, my fiancé and my 2 year old headed off to Disneyland for a week. My daughter was in love from the first moment we walked in. She was already excited from watching all the “celebrate” commercials with the balloons. So while we were there I decided that with the extra money I was saving that I might as well upgrade my 5 –day ticket to an Annual Passport!!!! That way my daughter and I could come back as often as we could for a whole year until she was 3 (and maybe I could nurture her love for Disneyland and keep it growing).
    This is our first trip back. We were joined by my sisters and their kids. Me (Pandagirl) and Lily(2), Kristin and Nick (4), and Jennifer and Grace (6). So 3 adults and 3 kids spent one day at Disneyland May 27th and one day at DCA May 28th.
    One more quick note…I used to think that I was an expert of Disneyland, but since I’ve found this site I have learned that there are a lot of things that either I’ve never tried. On this trip I tried to conquer a few…
    So here we gooooooooo!!!
    Tuesday May 26th-the road trip…
    Like most people who travel from the great state of Arizona…We had to make a stop here…

Not only is this a pretty cool sight see, it’s a nice place to stretch your legs. Lily thought the dinosaurs were funny…

Kristin almost got eaten!!!

She didn’t and we finally made it to…

Wednesday May 27th
    Disneyland!!!
    Our first stop…

This is me and Lily meeting Tinkerbell. Lily was afraid of Silvermist and all she wanted to talk to Tink about was her house…

Astro Orbiter was down. Which was A-OK with me! I don’t like flying high rides.

So we headed to …

That’s Kristin and Nick in the first Dumbo and Jennifer and Grace behind them. Since I get kinda scared on this ride (Lily loves it), I try and distract myself with taking pictures.

As you can see there was hardly any lines for the rides. In our first hour in the park we visited Tink and Silvermist, rode the teacups, Dumbo and the carousel…

Next we went to ToonTown. Which is such a fun place to take pictures…If you have a cool camera. Which I don’t. Here’s a few that I’m actually proud of…

Then we hopped on the train for a trip around to…

We actually didn’t get off until the New Orleans station so that we could ride Pirates, Mansion and pick up fast passes for Splash, of course we rode Pooh and then we found…

And…

We didn’t wait to meet Tigger or Eeyore cuz the kids were getting hungry so I went a bought something that I never knew existed until mentioned on this site. The one the only…

Yummy!!! Very sweet but good. I could not eat it all by myself! We then ate lunch at the Hungry Bear. I love the Hungry Bear. It was where we would always eat as kids. We then went to check out the line for Indy, it was very long so we grabbed fast passes (which we never used). We stopped by the tiki room. I don’t ever remember going there (neither did my sisters). Very cool. Kids loved it. I didn’t get a dole whip though because I was too full from the Tigger Tail and lunch. On my next trip I will definitely try one!! We then made our way to Tomorrow Land. We had gotten fast passes for Space earlier in the day but it was down so we rode Buzz. My score 39,300. I know totally pathetic. I am so not good at aiming. Plus I have too much fun spinning around. After Buzz we decided to chill out for a little bit on…

Then we did the castle walk thru and I ended up with this pic. Which is my favorite of the day! It’s the back of the castle.

After that we went back to Splash to use our fast passes and went searching for pommes frites. I had seen a pic on this site and they looked amazing. I thought they were sold somewhere near Pirates. We looked everywhere it seemed. We would just look at menus and then move on. We asked a few cast members along the way and were sent here and there and we never found them. Can anyone help me out? After our unsuccessful search (and another ride on Pooh) we decided to see if Space was running again. We did a lot of walking back and forth from one end of the park to another. Which by the end of the day we realized was not the greatest idea. Space was running again so while my sisters rode I stayed with the lil’ ones and we found birds…

Nick was not happy to see the birds…

After a trip to the Baby Center and a few stops for Churros, popcorn, chimichangas, turkey legs, soda and coffee, we sat down to wait for fireworks. Now I absolutely love RDCT and my sisters had never stayed to watch right in front of the castle. (They didn’t think that it was worth it to sit there for an hour or so when they could just go back to the hotel and watch from there. I convinced them that it was totally worth it.) Well they started doing announcements that the fireworks might now happen cuz of high altitude winds or something like that. This could not be happening. AAAHHH! Then an announcement was made that the show was delayed. Then after what seemed like forever….They started. Tink didn’t fly but it was still wonderful. One of my sisters cried and the other I could tell was holding back. I knew they would love it. Mission accomplished!!!
    Now usually I would leave after RDCT, but since I learned from this site that they let people on the rides right up until closing, we headed to Pirates for a second go round.

We ended up getting off about 15 minutes after closing. It was so calm and peaceful with practically everyone gone. I tried to take pics, but my camera is even worse when it is dark…

And since they really haven’t made an appearance…Jennifer and Grace with one last princess pose before we headed down main street and out the gates…

I hope everyone is enjoying my trip report. I love trip reports and enjoy every single one I’ve seen here on MiceChat. I now realize how much work they are.
    I’ll try and continue later tonight or tomorrow with our day at DCA.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: My first, late and lots of pics trip report!!!

Fantastic job! Hope you had fun!

Great trip report! I love reading how other people enjoy themselves at Disneyland.

The pommes frites are sold as an appetizer at the Cafe Orleans and they are totally worth finding! That's one of the restaurants you can use the Disney priority seating/reservation number for so that you don't have a long wait. Makes life easier!

• Off to Neverland

I believe the pomme frites are at the restraunt across from Blue Bayou

...that's wat those garlic fries are called right?

TO DIE FOR!

• Queen of Sarcasm

Thanks for the trip report! Next time you go I would definitely stop at Cafe Orleans and get the Pommes Frites, they are awesome!

• Queen Elsa

Pretty good for your first TR can't weight to see more.

Thanks everyone! I will definitely be making reservations for Cafe Orleans for my next trip...hopefully soon!

your daughter is adorable and i love this TR

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Lovely trip report. I hope to be reading more of your TReports as the years go by and we can watch your daughter go up at Disneyland

I have got to try those fries !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Disneymom

I love your TR. So cool. Dissappointing about your boys. My son will be 18 on July 4th. He is real big disney geek. He shares my love of all things Disney. we are going to DLR for his birthday and neither of us, nor the rest of my family, can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I love your TR. So cool. Dissappointing about your boys. My son will be 18 on July 4th. He is real big disney geek. He shares my love of all things Disney. we are going to DLR for his birthday and neither of us, nor the rest of my family, can wait.
    That's awesome!!! I'm really trying to convince them (or begging them) to atleast let me take them on their birthdays.

Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report. Cute kids.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Thursday May 28th
    Disney’s California Adventure
    Unfortunately today when we woke up poor Nick was very sick. So my sister and Nick stayed at the hotel (they ended up joining us later) while me and my other sister headed for DCA.
    First up we went to…

We had absolutely no wait.
    Here was our conversation with Roz.
    Roz “Hello Girls, Where are you from?”
    Us “Arizona”
    Roz “Whatever”
    She cracks me up!!!

On our way to the animation building we ran into…

And…

Goofy was awesome. As my daughter was walking away from him after we had already gotten our picture he walked up behind her and pointed down at her shirt which read “ I need a hug” and then he looked over at his CM and put his hands up like what should I do. So she said “better give her a hug” He then walked back to her and gave her a hug. It was really cute. Then he turned around and walked back to the other waiting kids.
    I love DCA cuz it seems like characters are always around and easily accessible.
    Then we made our way to the Animation building. Now on previous trips I’ve only been to see Crush and the zoetrope thingy, so this time I knew I had to check out the other rooms. First we saw Crush he was totally awesome as usual. And then we checked out this…

Then we went into the Sorcerer’s Workshop. My first time!! It is totally cool in here. You have to check it out if you’ve never been here. Here’s a pic of one of the walls…

I took the quiz to find out what Disney character I am, my result…Cinderella. Then it was Grace’s turn…

Her result…

Grace was not happy about this. Next up her mom, Jenny…

Her result…

Which is her favorite.
    Meanwhile Lily was being really cranky today and while we were taking our quizzes she just wanted to leave…

So we headed to Ursula’s Grotto…

We sang Hakuna Matata. It was lots of fun. Since we had been inside for what seemed like hours we decided it was time for some more rides. We then made our way over to A Bug’s Land since Lily was being all cranky we figured it would make her happy. But on our way we ran into…

I’ve never seen HSM3 but I always have to watch this. The songs are so catchy. It’s fun.

So at Bug’s Land we rode Flik’s Flyers, Ladybug boogie and Heimlich’s Chew Chew train all in a row with hardly any wait times. Even though Ladybug boogie isn’t quite like the teacups…Grace makes the best of it…

Me and Lily…

Yum Yum…

We then tried to go for a spin on Ladybug boogie, but it once we sat down on the ride the CM couldn’t get it to work. So we had to get off. This made cranky Lily mad so I let her cool off by running in the water while Jenny and Grace rode the bumper cars.

Are you happy yet Lily?

I’ll take that as a yes! We were starting to get a little hungry, but not quite hungry enough to sit down and eat. So we did the bakery tour and tortilla factory tour. This was the first time I did the bakery tour since it was closed when I went in March. It’s very cool. I’ve been thru the tortilla tour before but this was the first time that we were stopped in the first room to watch a little video. Maybe they only do this on busier days or certain times of the year. We then headed over to the pier. Screamin’ was closed but they said it was possible that it would open later in the day. We then took a spin with King Triton, bought a churro , and then finally we decided it was time to eat. Since we were close, we decided to eat at Pizza Oom Mow Mow. Some pics along the way…
    I don’t do ferris wheels. Besides the wait of 45 minutes…way to scary!!!

Screamin’….or not.

Tree…

Next up was the Golden Zephyr…

Pictures to distract myself that we are high…

Construction pics. I cannot wait for WOC!

I also can’t wait for…

I love these new bathrooms…

It was getting pretty warm out so Grizzly had a long wait so we kept on walking. We stopped at Soarin’ and got fastpasses, then we went to check out Playhouse Disney. They were just closing the doors right as we walked up, we missed it by seconds. As we were walking to Tower of Terror we ran into…

Poor Sully…He had his pose all ready and Lily was like I’m outta here. As we were waiting in line for Sully a weird thing happened. We saw Cinderella walk out of some building and then just disappear. Then out came Woody. Then Sorcerer Mickey. So after we met Sully we went walking down the street to try and find Cinderella, Woody and Mickey but they were gone. Instead we ran into this guy again…

We then decided to head back into the animation building. We just sat in the first room and watched all the big screens. We were waiting for the next Animation Academy show. While waiting I was looking at the entertainment guide and saw that there was a show called Drawn to the Magic starting soon too. We decided that sounded cooler so we ran over.

This show is really funny and at the end guess who shows up?

Cinderella, Woody and Mickey!!! You get to stay and meet them afterwards too. We ended up only getting to meet…

And…

We then rode Monsters again. Roz told us that we were not allowed to take the little ones with us, or something like that. By then Nick was feeling better so Kristin joined us for the last 90 minutes till DCA closed. Before we even left for California I was totally trying to downplay tower of terror. Which in my opinion is the scariest ride that I’ve ever been on in my life. I did it once and never again. I didn’t tell my sister this. I told her that once she rode it that maybe I would go. So I watched the kiddos while Kristin and Jenny rode.

While waiting for them to possibly survive, Sully walked out. Grace went up to him and asked him if he just rode tower of terror and he nodded yes! Grace couldn’t stop talking about this for days. So after about 30 minutes my sisters got off. Jenny loved it of course, except for Kristin screaming. Kristin was so scared that she said that she was just about to start crying. It was awesome!
    We had one hour left so we thought we’d go see if Screamin’ was running yet. It was!!

Since I’m such a wonderful sister (or a scaredy cat) I watched the kiddos again and let Jenny and Kristin ride. They are in the very last row. This is right before take off…

5 4 3 2 1…

Across the way we saw Aurora and her prince…

On our way to the front we passed Grizzly which wasn’t working. People were stuck on the lift. It was probably just a temporary outage but we kept walking anyways. We made it to Soarin’ at 5:55. Me being the nice sister that I am watched the little ones again while my sisters and Grace got on the ride. It was pretty neat to see that within 10 minutes of closing they had the whole line from the outside queue to the inside.
    Well that wraps up our trip. What does Lily think about that?

As you can see, she was not happy about leaving. The next day as we were driving down Harbor leaving, I told her to say goodbye to Disneyland. She said “NO NO NO NO” as she was shaking her head and starting to cry. It was kinda sad and funny at the same time.
    Until next time…The End!

• Waiting Since 1992

Tigger Tails are my FAVORITE! My mom and I always get them when we're there.

Very sweet trip report!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Very cute report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast