Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Dress code

  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    107

    Dress code

    I'm curious. I know it will be hot when I go to DL in July, but do they have a dress code for halter tops? I bought one at Macy's (it's not risque' looking), but will they allow it in the park?

  2. #2

    • Off to Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    So. Cali
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Dress code

    lol, yeah you can wear it... if you're not like, all skin showing!
    i've seen worse!

    wear sunscreen!!!

  3. #3

    • Bonjour Mes Amis
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please
    Posts
    451

    Re: Dress code

    Unless it is really uncalled for in design and or fit, it should not be a problem.
    Do you have a picture of the garment? Macy's has nice clothing, I am sure it will be fine.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

  4. #4

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Dress code

    I've seen really bad, not okay stuff in the parks, so I'm sure you'll be just fine in a halter. I second the sunscreen.

    I kind of wish they still had a dress code!

    Oh! This reminds me. I did see two girls (about 18 or 19 y.o. I think) get turned away at security for their clothing choices. Guess what they were wearing? Princess costumes made for 4 year olds! Snow White and Alice, I think. It was very Not Okay. Like girls at a frat house Halloween party Not Okay. Maybe borderline softcore status.
    And the security lady told them how it was! She just was like "Girls.... No. You can't come in like that. I'm sorry but you're going to have to change. No." And they were like "But the little kids wear costumes!" and she was like "Exactly. LITTLE KIDS wear the costumes. No."
    I was in line right behind them and almost died laughing.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



  5. #5

    • formerly PretzelSouls!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    805,CA
    Posts
    4,772

    Re: Dress code

    I don't think the dress code at Disneyland is very strict at all. If it doesn't have profanity, nasty images, or intentionally disgraceful design, you won't have an issue. Just make sure it doesn't fall down, and wear sunblock.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau


  6. #6

    • Here's my 2 cents
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Potsdorf, Carpania
    Posts
    827

    Re: Dress code

    We saw a kid (18 or so) get told his t shirt was too suggestive and they made him turn it inside out, but we saw him later in the park and he had turn it right side out again.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

  7. #7

    • Disneymom
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    868

    Re: Dress code

    The web site says no one over 9 yrs old can wear costumes in the park.

  8. #8

    • Disappearing/Reappearing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ~wandering~
    Posts
    9,992

    Re: Dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I've seen really bad, not okay stuff in the parks, so I'm sure you'll be just fine in a halter. I second the sunscreen.

    I kind of wish they still had a dress code!

    Oh! This reminds me. I did see two girls (about 18 or 19 y.o. I think) get turned away at security for their clothing choices. Guess what they were wearing? Princess costumes made for 4 year olds! Snow White and Alice, I think. It was very Not Okay. Like girls at a frat house Halloween party Not Okay. Maybe borderline softcore status.
    And the security lady told them how it was! She just was like "Girls.... No. You can't come in like that. I'm sorry but you're going to have to change. No." And they were like "But the little kids wear costumes!" and she was like "Exactly. LITTLE KIDS wear the costumes. No."
    I was in line right behind them and almost died laughing.
    oh my! That reminds me, at the MNSSHP last year, I saw a woman and her teenage daughter in VERY short costume dresses. I mean, they barely covered their butts. I just couldn't believe someone would wear that. My costume for this year, is about the same length...but, I'm wearing a MUCH longer skirt underneath!


    Yes, don't forget the sunscreen!!!!! A halter top is just an invitation for a sunburn!




  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    538

    Re: Dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    We saw a kid (18 or so) get told his t shirt was too suggestive and they made him turn it inside out, but we saw him later in the park and he had turn it right side out again.
    In these cases Disney would be wise to take a page out of Six Flags' book and not even allow them inside out--for the reason you just pointed out.

  10. #10

    • Is it summer yet???
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Save Lives - designAte a Driver!!!
    Posts
    409

    Re: Dress code

    Have you checked out Fishy's GayDays trip report?? The women in the "less than Daisy Dukes shorts and sports bra?? Good thing she's next to a trash can! Granted, it's WDW but I think it's safe to say that you'll do just fine in a halter.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

  11. #11

    • Koubu Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Az
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: Dress code

    Do remember to take a sweater! While you might be happy you bought it on a hot summer day, you'll encounter some air conditioned attractions will make you shiver (like Space Mountain). Expect cool temperatures at night, especially in DCA where the spaces are wider than Disneyland and less to shield you from breezes.

  12. #12

    • Trouble a'Bruin
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    La LA land
    Posts
    141

    Re: Dress code

    i've seen people in daisy dukes and tube tops, you should be fine. but remember this is a dessert so it will be hot during the day but cold at night
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

  13. #13

    • Bonjour Mes Amis
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please
    Posts
    451

    Re: Dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderw1 View Post
    i've seen people in daisy dukes and tube tops, you should be fine. but remember this is a dessert so it will be hot during the day but cold at night

    I had not heard before Anaheim being referred to as a dessert
    A desert, yes. Especially So. Ca.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

  14. #14

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Dress code

    Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I don't think the dress code at Disneyland is very strict at all. If it doesn't have profanity, nasty images, or intentionally disgraceful design, you won't have an issue. Just make sure it doesn't fall down, and wear sunblock.
    I agree.
    I think it just can't have profanity or sexual images on it.
    I'm not sure if you can wear clothing that has subtle suggestion
    Like the Big Johnson shirts.
    I have Nasty Pig shirts that probably most wouldn't catch on too
    but I would never wear them to D-land.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    522

    Re: Dress code

    MMMMM dessert!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Club 33 Dress Code
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 09:52 AM
  2. Dress Code?
    By pin_up_pixie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 09:28 PM
  3. Dress code for California Grill
    By anaheimgirl79 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 05:01 AM
  4. What is the Downtown Disney dress code?
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
  5. Did Disneyland loosen the dress code?
    By ExJungleSkipper95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 01:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •