Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Help alleviate empty DD buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    I want an Earl of Sandwich in the Starbillias building, instead of Kitson Kids(Like we need that store!!)

That place was so good in WDW DTD!
    I second that! Earl Of Sandwich is one of the best things in Florida's Downtown Disney!

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    La Brea may be using Starbucks coffee, but it isn't a Starbucks. I'd really like to see a nice coffee shop in Downtown Disney. A Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf would be awesome.
    yes, but they way I'm reading these posts it's the beverage itself that it wanted and now it's known it can be had at La brea Bakery.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• We set sail for the sky

Wink Re: Help alleviate empty DD buildings.

What upsets me the most about the empty DD buildings is that the blank storefronts completely detract from the "circa early 2000s outdoor shopping mall" theme that was so meticulously crafted by Disney. Obviously the imagineers have no respect for Cynthia Harris's vision for Downtown Disney... Such an obvious break in theme takes me completely out of that time period and into the economic recession of our current world. I'm sure that if a faux bank was located in Downtown Disney they would do something completely asinine like turn it into an art gallery or something! Which would break the theme even more because it would remind us of all of the banks going under in our economic crisis! The tragedy of it all...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    What upsets me the most about the empty DD buildings is that the blank storefronts completely detract from the "circa early 2000s outdoor shopping mall" theme that was so meticulously crafted by Disney. Obviously the imagineers have no respect for Cynthia Harris's vision for Downtown Disney... Such an obvious break in theme takes me completely out of that time period and into the economic recession of our current world. I'm sure that if a faux bank was located in Downtown Disney they would do something completely asinine like turn it into an art gallery or something! Which would break the theme even more because it would remind us of all of the banks going under in our economic crisis! The tragedy of it all...
    She was a visionary who foresaw what malls would look like in the year 2009. Genius, I tell ya!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    I want an Earl of Sandwich in the Starbillias building, instead of Kitson Kids(Like we need that store!!)

That place was so good in WDW DTD!
    I second the Earl of Sandwich suggestion. Then I don't have to go to Vegas to get my fix!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I say take advantage of the huge Asian population that lives near Anaheim and put in a Lee's Sandwiches.

Even if you're not Asian, those things are incredible!

• Diva Extrodinaire

Please, bring us a Coffee Bean!!!!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Great ideas. I didnt know about the Nestle contract extending to even DD...very interesting. I just cant seem to enjoy the nestle coffee at all but oh well I guess. I know of the one on Harbor and Ball and maybe just something more centrally located in resort area would be great. Just a good coffeehouse is something i would love to see in DD. Other than that idk what else could fill the empty spaces. They seem to be leaning towards more higher end kid/tween stores with little mis matches, studio 365, and kitson kid.

• "I Break Things"

I'd be more supportive of a decent sandwich shop. I'm not a big coffee drinker...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I agree with everyone else that wants an Earl of Sandwich added. Ahhh I could go for one now...
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ocbear View Post
    i want an earl of sandwich in the starbillias building, instead of kitson kids(like we need that store!!)

that place was so good in wdw dtd!
    Yes.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    yes, but they way I'm reading these posts it's the beverage itself that it wanted and now it's known it can be had at La brea Bakery.
    There's a difference between being able to get a cup of starbucks coffee, and going to a starbucks and being able to choose from the WIDE range of drinks they have.

I for one am in love with Caramel Macchiatos and you can't get those at a store that just happens to serve starbucks coffee.

• Merry 2014!

A good coffee shop that serves ice blended coffee drinks would be great. Pairing that with a top notch sandwich shop like Earl of Sandwich would be wonderful. I'd eat there everyday I visited (about 3).
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    There's a difference between being able to get a cup of starbucks coffee, and going to a starbucks and being able to choose from the WIDE range of drinks they have.

I for one am in love with Caramel Macchiatos and you can't get those at a store that just happens to serve starbucks coffee.
    well, I'm out of the loop I guess, I' never buy outside coffees I make quality coffee at home then I'm done for the day. It make me nuts when one of my employees is late to work and they blame the longer than usual time at STARBUCKS as to why they are late!!! to get their morning coffee. Nevermind that I'm prvoviding free pure 100% kona coffee at the store....ok I'm biased. I can't participate in a thread about Starbucks.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    well, I'm out of the loop I guess, I' never buy outside coffees I make quality coffee at home then I'm done for the day. It make me nuts when one of my employees is late to work and they blame the longer than usual time at STARBUCKS as to why they are late!!! to get their morning coffee. Nevermind that I'm prvoviding free pure 100% kona coffee at the store....ok I'm biased. I can't participate in a thread about Starbucks.
    yea but straight black coffee with or without sugar does not compare to a 800 calorie cup of pure whipped cream and loads of sugar mixed with an EXTRA free shot of coffee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast