Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Help alleviate empty DD buildings.

I've always thought and it can become sorta frustrating as to why there is no Starbucks anywhere near the resort. Now i know everyone has their opinions of Starbucks and everyone has their own personal favorite coffeehouse but there is no denying Starbucks is highly popular and very successful. Now I do work at Starbucks so I do have a bias towards it but idk I would love to have a nice Starbucks before and after a great day at park but currently the closest to resort is at a gas station across the I-5. I got the idea from seeing the one being built in DLP Disney Village but I think Disney should think about attracting a Starbucks to DD. I know there is that coffee place at the end, Compass I beleive but idk that place just doesnt taste good to me lol to put it lightly. Make that place maybe just a complete book store then build a Starbucks in one the empty sotre fronts...maybe Illuminations...now you're thoughts and ideas...

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Help alleviate empty DD buildings.

One possible answer: the rent is too high, and the coffee would be even more expensive. For example, I think the Jamba Juice prices are a buck more for all smoothies than elsewhere.
    Second answer: some other company has an exclusive contract with Disney to provide coffee.

I'm sure there is a Starbuck's in walking distance of the Resort, because the Resort is on the Earth, and there is a Starbuck's in walking distance of every point on Earth.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I'm sure there is a Starbuck's in walking distance of the Resort, because the Resort is on the Earth, and there is a Starbuck's in walking distance of every point on Earth.

yeah, I had to go around three just to get to this thread
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

There's a Starbucks at the Chevron gas station on the corner of Ball Rd. and Harbor, so if you're on your way to the parking structure coming from the Timon entrance, you can stop in there for some coffee.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Also the Hilton and the Marriott next to the Convention Center have Starbucks Coffeee stores.

But the coffee rights to US Disney property is Nestle.

Haggen-Daas is in DtD, since it is a Nestle product, and Nestle also owns the Ice cream rights.

All three Disney owned Hotels have coffee stands, and all three serve Nestle products.

Sorry, but unless you can get a hotel on Harbor to sub-lease to Starbucks, the three mentiones above are the closest.

There are three other Coffee places that should be mentioned, there is a non-chain option at the small group of stores at the Ramada Maingate. Sertino's Coffee is at Anaheim GardenWalk, and now opens at 8 AM (about the same time Disney starts to use the parking structure for Theme Park Parking during the summer), and the McDonald's on Harbor now has its McCafe open.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

I wonder how long the contract with Nestle goes for... and how long we can count down until Disney starts getting some decent coffee in the parks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

You have no idea how great it would be to have a Starbuck's. This single items burns me to no end...and yes, I've taken the walk to the Hilton. Nestle's coffee is pure prefab and is akimbo to licking soot out of a boiled boot.

But the contract has been made. I've often thought it would be cool to open an indie coffee joint (the coffee sold at Compass Books is decent, since it isn't Nestle...someone know for sure?), but with the rent being so high, that's not going to happen.

Until then, I bring my own coffee.

Yes, this many miles.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

This is definitely in the top 10 posts of the year!

• Returning to DL 2/29

Doesn't La Brea Bakery have Starbucks Coffee???
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    Yes they do. Totally forgot about that.

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Yes they do. Totally forgot about that.

OK then, all this Starbucks angst can stop now, I mean I'm sorry there isn't one every 30 ft on the DLR property BUT at least there is ONE for all of you who need your Starbuck's over-roasted coffee fix at DL. Back to square-one about the empty bldgs.
    Last edited by tomrules1955; 06-10-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

OK then, all this Starbucks angst can stop now, I mean I'm sorry there isn't one every 30 ft on the DLR property BUT at least there is ONE for all of you who need your Starbuck's over-roasted coffee fix at DL. Back to square-one about the empty bldgs.
    La Brea may be using Starbucks coffee, but it isn't a Starbucks. I'd really like to see a nice coffee shop in Downtown Disney. A Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf would be awesome.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Blog Entries

What Starbucks angst? It's just a surprise to some people that there isn't actually one on Disney property. The OP was suggesting about a Starbucks being built onto the property, so the SBUX talk is totally on topic. I worked for the company for a year and I have nothing but love for it, it's a great place to work even if their coffee is sub-par. We're not the ones sounding of "angst" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    La Brea may be using Starbucks coffee, but it isn't a Starbucks. I'd really like to see a nice coffee shop in Downtown Disney. A Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf would be awesome.
    If they got a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at DTD I would be in HEAVEN. I love their tea lattes so much.

I want an Earl of Sandwich in the Starbillias building, instead of Kitson Kids(Like we need that store!!)

That place was so good in WDW DTD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast