Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: First Look at Tinker Bell float in Disney's Electrical Parade

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    I wonder if they released these pictures to salvage the Nightastic promotion and redirect people's attention away from the dragon.
    Do you blame them? The dragon was to be the biggest new part of the summer nighttime entertainment. Probably the most expensive single new addition to an existing show. Naturally they wanted to really focus on that, but they still have a great new fireworks show, revamped Electrical Parade and other new additions to Fantasmic which really have not been talked about that much. So it's great they are giving the Electrical Parade some press finally. Hopefully there will be some other pics of the Snow White mine float and Pinnochio after tomorrow night's run for the media.

• Pirate Princess

Love Tink and all, but the Blue Fairy is tradition. I don't see why they couldn't just add Tinkerbell's float in. To take the Blue Fairy away would be like offing Pete and his dragon

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think she looks great! And so does the float!

Um....why, exactly, is she in a hot air balloon if she can fly?

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    Dont be surprised within the next 5 years the Blue Fairy will be leading the parade down Main Street USA once again in the near future!!
    Actually, I think a lot of people would be surprised. First of all, the Blue Fairy has been retired, she's not coming back. Secondly, Disney had a chance over this break from Jan 4 till now to move it back to Main Street if they really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Is Blue Fairy being taken out completely or being mixed in with the Pinocchio Unit?
    Unfortunately, as I just mentioned I'm pretty sure the blue Fairy has been retired. I also thought they should have put her with Pinocchio, but I came to a realization- the Pleasure Island theme won't fit with the Blue Fairy, so what music would they use then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Um....why, exactly, is she in a hot air balloon if she can fly?
    Nobody knows.... It's part of her next movie though (yep, they're making at least two more), so I guess we'll have to see it (dmn) to know why she has an air balloon.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

This definately works for the overall concept of "pixie dust lighting."
    She deserves the leading role, but I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see the thing in action!

Regarding the whole main street theory, I highly doubt it will ever make a return. Disney is currently working on bringing quality to dca. This placement is a wise decision! Heck it may be the only reason I'd like to visit the second gate this summer.
    Last edited by Goover; 06-11-2009 at 06:24 AM.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Regarding the whole main street theory, I highly doubt it will ever make a return. Disney is currently working on bringing quality to dca. This placement is a wise decision! Heck it may be the only reason I'd like to visit the second gate this summer.
    Oh, but you are forgetting one very important thing... World of Color. Once they get that going over at California Adventure, they'll have enough crowds for the park. Of course, that would balance the nighttime entertainment out, with F! and R...DCT at Disneyland and EP and WoC at California Adventure, but I think the plan was to get the Electrical Parade back on Main Street by the 55th. I think it's possible since WoC will be premiering in March next year.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Looks good!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• We Go On.

It seems like this time last year everyone (including me) didn't like the idea... I must admit it looks wonderful.

• Closed Account

Its pretty, but NOT worthy enough to LEAD, to be the Grand Marshall of such an iconic parade. There is nothing majestic or grand about it. It would be more appropriate in the middle.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Oh, but you are forgetting one very important thing... World of Color. Once they get that going over at California Adventure, they'll have enough crowds for the park. Of course, that would balance the nighttime entertainment out, with F! and R...DCT at Disneyland and EP and WoC at California Adventure, but I think the plan was to get the Electrical Parade back on Main Street by the 55th. I think it's possible since WoC will be premiering in March next year.
    Was it in one of Al's updates that mentioned it going back to Disneyland, for the reason of WoC and mentiong with WoC possibly having multiple shows, it might be hard to find a spot for the parade between shows?

• Minion

Did anyone read the artical?

Disney has wrapped a series of nighttime shows into a Summer Nightastic promotion that includes the Electrical Parade, a new Magical fireworks show featuring a flying Dumbo and an upgraded Fantasmic featuring Flotsam and Jetsam eels (and eventually a 40-foot-tall Maleficent dragon).
    Vary smooth way of getting the point across with out attempting to make people forget about the dragon. Vary Smooth.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Nobody knows.... It's part of her next movie though (yep, they're making at least two more), so I guess we'll have to see it (dmn) to know why she has an air balloon.
    From what I can tell from the trailer, Tink uses an air balloon to reach the places to find pieces to the fall secpter and those places would've been too far for a fairy to fly to since the first one established that all fairies need a daily fill of pixie dust to do their flying and magic.

The new float looks good! IMO more worthy to lead DEP.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    From what I can tell from the trailer, Tink uses an air balloon to reach the places to find pieces to the fall secpter and those places would've been too far for a fairy to fly to since the first one established that all fairies need a daily fill of pixie dust to do their flying and magic.
    Oh I see. I never saw the first one, just saw the trailer for the second.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123