View Poll Results: Send to Dinseyland or Keep it at DCA

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it at DCA with New Music

    16 22.54%
  • Send it off to Disneyland with New Music

    10 14.08%
  • Keep it at DCA with old Music

    5 7.04%
  • Send it off to Disneyland with old Music

    30 42.25%
  • Send it Yesterland

    6 8.45%
  • Ehh Do not know what to say???

    4 5.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16

    • You didn't see anything!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post

    - Stitchon
    Totally off topic but:

    Get your computer fixed soon!


  2. #17

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,759
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post


    I don't understand that logic.

    I thought you people want DCA to succeed?

    The logic is that EP was built for, and belongs in, Disneyland. It has nothing to do with trying to make DCA fail. They are working on DCA and I'm sure that it will be just fine when they are done. However, The magic of the Electrical Parade is totally lost once it hits the Paradise Pier area because it loses all scale and has to compete with the background lights of the area.

    At Disneyland, it seems bigger, brighter, and all the more magical.

    Let's do what we can to help the suits at Disney know that we want the Electrical Parade back at its home park (with or without new music and floats).

    -Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  3. #18

    • You didn't see anything!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    I think what he meant was, "Why give DCA a street party that a good majority of people hate and take away EP?" Don't want to full the fire on the DCA dislike even more, right?


  4. #19

    • Returning to DL 2/29
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Murrieta,CA
    Posts
    766

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    I wonder who wants it in Yesterland just wondering (maybe that the reason i left that option open)
    I'm back and now what!



    followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak




  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Dolls
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    They can do what ever they want to the parade and I'd still love it.

    (I'd love it even more at Disneyland)

  6. #21

    • The Dudester
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    385

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The logic is that EP was built for, and belongs in, Disneyland. It has nothing to do with trying to make DCA fail. They are working on DCA and I'm sure that it will be just fine when they are done. However, The magic of the Electrical Parade is totally lost once it hits the Paradise Pier area because it loses all scale and has to compete with the background lights of the area.

    At Disneyland, it seems bigger, brighter, and all the more magical.

    Let's do what we can to help the suits at Disney know that we want the Electrical Parade back at its home park (with or without new music and floats).

    -Dusty
    Yeah, I agree that it would be fun to have the Electrical Parade back in Disneyland, but the part that I think rubbed Kritter the wrong way (and I totally agree with him) was your wish that the "craptacular" Street Party should go to DCA. Opinions on that parade aside, why wish crappiness onto DCA?

    And another side note: I've only viewed the Electrical Parade in DCA from Sunshine Plaza area (it was easy to grab a sweet spot near the very end of the parade when it was almost show time!) and I loved the view every time! I can see the Paradise Pier light maybe being a problem, so stake out a spot closer to park entrance!

    All that being said, it would be cool to see it in DL again. Do I count on it? No. And as someone else said, Disneyland does have a lot of night time entertainment. Maybe once World of Color opens it will even out...

  7. #22

    • Hello
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    1,221

    Cool Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Bring it back to Disneyland. And keep the music, that stuff is great.

  8. #23

    • All? NO, ALL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    519

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    I voted for keeping it at DCA with old music, because while having it back at Disneyland would be awesome, I still feel like that's highly unlikely that they'll move it back. I'd be happy to settle just for having the old music back.

    So far, I'm highly unsupportive of replacing the classic soundtrack. I don't care much for Tokyo's soundtrack to be used for the original parade. While the music may be "new" for DEP, it's still essentially the same old floats with a few upgrades here and there. DreamLights is an entirely more modern parade, and I think a more modern soundtrack suits that better, but I prefer Don Dorsey's classic soundtrack for the classic parade. I at least hope DEP's new soundtrack keeps Baroque Hoedown as the underliner for the entirety of the parade and not just the first minute or so. I think that's one of the reason's DreamLights' soundtrack sounds so cold to me.


  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Dolls
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    I say get rid of the chicken wire, tin foil, and Christmas lights purchased from Stats and upgrade the whole thing. Really, what’s wrong with being in the 21st century?

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    So if u care to find me, look to the western sky
    Posts
    135

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    whhhaaaaa

  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, US
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    why wish crappiness onto DCA?
    Birds of a feather

  12. #27

    • Special Agent
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,178

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Plain and simple: Disneyland does not need a nighttime parade. Unless they decide to ditch Fantasmic, there's just no point.

    Hopefully they will retire that sad old parade in the next decade or so.

  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, US
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Seriously though I understand wanting EP at DL, the parade was designed and built for Disneyland. I should be performed at Walt's park.

    DCA needs better attractions and entertainment. It should have something equally great designed and built exclusively for them. That way everybody wins.

    PS. as Much as I love Disneyland's Main Street Electrical Parade, it alone isn't enough to drag me out of Disneyland over to DCA

  14. #29

    • Everything's satisfactual
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    135

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    I say get rid of the chicken wire, tin foil, and Christmas lights purchased from Stats and upgrade the whole thing. Really, what’s wrong with being in the 21st century?
    I hate to say it, but most of the Disney parks don't really have the money for that right now. Disneyland is spending big bucks on the DCA expansion, and doesn't really have room for more spending. It really stinks because some of those floats have been around since 1977 and the newest of the originals were from 1985 (Pinocchio, Snow White, Peter Pan) and they are in dire need of extreme enhancements or maybe new floats. I can hope that they replace a float or two a year like with Christmas Fantasy at DL.
    Walt Disney World May 1998
    Walt Disney World May 2002
    Walt Disney World March 2003
    Walt Disney World March 2004
    Walt Disney World September 2005
    Walt Disney World March 2007
    Disneyland August 2010

    Check out my YouTube channel with Disney theme park music!
    Music of the Mastro Master

    Visit my Disney entertainment blog!
    Disney Entertainment History

  15. #30

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,153
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    Yeah, I agree that it would be fun to have the Electrical Parade back in Disneyland, but the part that I think rubbed Kritter the wrong way (and I totally agree with him) was your wish that the "craptacular" Street Party should go to DCA. Opinions on that parade aside, why wish crappiness onto DCA?

    And another side note: I've only viewed the Electrical Parade in DCA from Sunshine Plaza area (it was easy to grab a sweet spot near the very end of the parade when it was almost show time!) and I loved the view every time! I can see the Paradise Pier light maybe being a problem, so stake out a spot closer to park entrance!

    All that being said, it would be cool to see it in DL again. Do I count on it? No. And as someone else said, Disneyland does have a lot of night time entertainment. Maybe once World of Color opens it will even out...

    Nothing rubbed me the wrong way... Posting it for a poster who's computer is not fixed. That's why I put the name on the bottom


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] 7/7/09 Disney's Electrical Parade!
    By disneyguy115 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 06:15 PM
  2. [Video] Disney's Electrical Parade TEST video filmed on May 26
    By hurricanefreak in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •