• Send it Yesterland

6 8.45%
  • Ehh Do not know what to say???

4 5.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland News has posted new Disney's Electrical Parade Video in HD

Quote Originally Posted by mastromjm View Post
    I hate to say it, but most of the Disney parks don't really have the money for that right now. Disneyland is spending big bucks on the DCA expansion, and doesn't really have room for more spending. It really stinks because some of those floats have been around since 1977 and the newest of the originals were from 1985 (Pinocchio, Snow White, Peter Pan) and they are in dire need of extreme enhancements or maybe new floats. I can hope that they replace a float or two a year like with Christmas Fantasy at DL.
    Understood. It really is sad that apart from the fire works and F! the best they can muster up for this summer promotion is one new float and fixing the rest.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Nothing rubbed me the wrong way... Posting it for a poster who's computer is not fixed. That's why I put the name on the bottom
    Ohhh! Well, whoever it was then!

• is too darn hot.

God, the music sounds like absolute crap.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I voted for keeping it at DCA with old music, because while having it back at Disneyland would be awesome, I still feel like that's highly unlikely that they'll move it back. I'd be happy to settle just for having the old music back.

So far, I'm highly unsupportive of replacing the classic soundtrack. I don't care much for Tokyo's soundtrack to be used for the original parade. While the music may be "new" for DEP, it's still essentially the same old floats with a few upgrades here and there. DreamLights is an entirely more modern parade, and I think a more modern soundtrack suits that better, but I prefer Don Dorsey's classic soundtrack for the classic parade. I at least hope DEP's new soundtrack keeps Baroque Hoedown as the underliner for the entirety of the parade and not just the first minute or so. I think that's one of the reason's DreamLights' soundtrack sounds so cold to me.
    Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, Disney has been looking for a a way to ditch the original recording of Baroque Hoedown for the MSEP because they don't own it and hae to pay royalties for it every time they use it.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    God, the music sounds like absolute crap.
    yeah, it just isn't the same. It sounds like a kiddy, ring-tone version of the original.

• TDR and Japan fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The logic is that EP was built for, and belongs in, Disneyland. It has nothing to do with trying to make DCA fail. They are working on DCA and I'm sure that it will be just fine when they are done. However, The magic of the Electrical Parade is totally lost once it hits the Paradise Pier area because it loses all scale and has to compete with the background lights of the area.

At Disneyland, it seems bigger, brighter, and all the more magical.

Let's do what we can to help the suits at Disney know that we want the Electrical Parade back at its home park (with or without new music and floats).

-Dusty
    Thats why i love the tokyo one
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Still lost in Neverland

And you are basing your opinions of the music being tinny and crap by listening to something that is a two inch video on You Tube??? And it's not Dreamlights. Dreamlights is totally different, longer and has the 200 piece London Symphony Orchestra in the middle. If anything it is the Tokyo Version of only the electronice music re-recorded for more base and clarity. Wait until you actually see it person and here the music being blasted from the speakers that Disney has installed for the best sound. I for one am very exited about this Parade, always have been since I first saw it debut back in 1972. It's the best night parade Disney has ever done. And it will be going back to Disneyland once WOC opens in DCA as they don't want anything over there distracting people from seeing WOC.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

And DL DESPERATELY NEEDS a REAL Parade!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    And you are basing your opinions of the music being tinny and crap by listening to something that is a two inch video on You Tube??? And it's not Dreamlights. Dreamlights is totally different, longer and has the 200 piece London Symphony Orchestra in the middle. If anything it is the Tokyo Version of only the electronice music re-recorded for more base and clarity. Wait until you actually see it person and here the music being blasted from the speakers that Disney has installed for the best sound. I for one am very exited about this Parade, always have been since I first saw it debut back in 1972. It's the best night parade Disney has ever done. And it will be going back to Disneyland once WOC opens in DCA as they don't want anything over there distracting people from seeing WOC.
    Sorry, but there is no way that any modern synthesizer can equal the warmth and tone of 1970s-era analog synthesizers powered by vacuum tubes. It has nothing to do with the YouTube video. I've heard the Dreamlights soundtrack, and I cannot stand it. It is cold, remote and altogether mechanical sounding. All in all, the worst thing they could do to Baroque Hoedown. I am really disappointed in Disney and have been since I first heard the Dreamlights soundtrack.

Not liking the music so far. It's to soft. The old version was...sharper. And it just sounded better.

I voted for old music and returning to Disneyland. I was just thinking about this today...I can't see them bringing the EP back to DL until WOC opens up in DCA and if they start giving F! limited showings (very peak seasons only). Which is possible, but not very likely. At least not in the near future.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Has just the baroque hoedown theme changed? or has the float audio changed as well?

• Banned User

On the subject of music, will there be a CD of the new soundtrack, plus the classic soundtrack we all know and love? That will be the top souvenir on my next trip to get.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by rdct11 View Post
    Has just the baroque hoedown theme changed? or has the float audio changed as well?
    Probably new versions of the audio for the entire parade.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
    Thats why i love the tokyo one
    Agreed!

I am very happy that the Tokyo music is here. It's a bit of Tokyo in my backyard to tide me over until my next Dreamlights viewing!

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post

I don't understand that logic.

I thought you people want DCA to succeed? How can it succeed if you want to push Disneyland's sloppy seconds to DCA?

People want DCA to be awesome, but then they want to push everything they don't like in Disneyland over to DCA. Seems kind of counter-productive to me.

- Stitchon
    If anything, DCA should have just as good attractions as Disneyland, it should never become an old Six Flags quality park.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast