View Poll Results: Which of these two Fantasyland Boat rides is more awesome???

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • "it's a small world"

60 56.60%
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats

46 43.40%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Why work when you can MC?

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boa

Have to go with Small World. It's just too iconic, and the holiday overlay really works.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boa

I love the charm of Storybook land. Another huge bonus is the big difference between riding it in the day and night. Most underrated ride at Disneyland IMO.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I go through weeks where if I had to listen to IASW one more time I might go postal on those little dolls. And I'm honestly fed up with rude and obnoxious people flashing cameras and videocam lights in my eyes, yelling inappropriate comments and even occasionally trying to get out of the boat. (I'd like to fill the waters with piranhas...hehehe) Then it goes away and the nostalgia gets me and I like it again. It's iconic and classic. My Mom loved it. My son loves it. I don't want to give it up.
    On the other hand, I adore StoryBook Land. The tiny houses, the miniature landscapes, the little details. It looks especially wonderful at night with all the little houses lit up. It isn't fancy or heart-pounding, but it's one of the things that always evoke that special feel at Disneyland. So...I'll go with whichever one I'm in the mood for. Can I keep both, please?

• Keepin' it calsteady

Storybookland is a snoozefest with the worst queue this side of the Fun Wheel: No shade, narrow aisles, no breathing room, whining kids. Once you get on a boat you get a hurried spiel (that, I grant you, could be delivered by an attractive young lady) and some miniature houses. Well, some miniature houses and the Patchwork Quilt of the Least Colorful Plants Ever.

it's a small world is a classic ride that used to be a perfect time capsule taking you back to Walt Disney's own imagination. Nowadays it's flawed, but I'm willing to overlook the flaws and enjoy the timeless message and original elements (platypuses! hip shaking! etc!). Plus, even if you don't ride it, you can enjoy the clock and the very nice facade and fun topiaries.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Small World
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• former CM

I will hold off and cast my vote for the first of these two attractions to equip riders with plastic guns.

• Off to Neverland

That's a very tough decision... I almost didn't wanna vote, but I picked IASW simply because it's long and air conditioned! ahaha

• Wyatt's Mommy

small world: Your trip on it's a small world is not dependent upon a CM who may be having a bad or "off" day. While a CM on Storybook can turn that attraction into an awesome one if he or she is having a good day, the ride should not vary so greatly from trip to trip.
    small world is consistent.

(I for one have not had a memorable or otherwise "good" trip on Storybook.) :\

small world simply for the fact tht i havent rode storybook for a long time and dont remember it as for IASW who coould forget that ride?!?!?

• Laughing Place Finder

I vote for Storybook Land for one significant reason. I didn't know how much I appreciated that ride until I went to Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom and found a boring, empty character meet and greet location and equipment storage in the spot where you would expect to see Storybook Land.

IASW is a great ride and it has important connections with Walt and the park. However it's not unique to Disneyland CA. You can ride IASW in any of the Disney resorts.

While DL Paris has the Stroybook Land ride it sounds like a totally different experience since the boats are pulles around on a cable and don't have a cast member guide.

Storybook Land is a small, charming, simple ride. You might think you like IASW more but imagine walking from Fantasyland towards the Matterhorn and not having Monstro and the Lighthouse as part of the scenery. It's really sad!

Seriously, this part of the geography at Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld is sadly lacking.
    Last edited by Darth Mickey; 06-12-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You must be an optometrist. Because to me your polls of the past have had pretty clear-cut choices. But in this case I'm going to have to go with "about the same".

Sure, Small World is much more grander, but Storybookland has a charm that is at least equal to that of Small World.

Each ride is very different yet in a way they are both very similar.
    Part of me agrees with you, but then part of me says that I would respond this way to any poll comparing Disney rides. Every one is unique to itself. However, comparing, say, DLR's POTC and WDW's POTC or DLR's Splash Mountain and WDW's Splash Mountain would be fair, since they are variations on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I vote for Storybook Land for one significant reason. I didn't know how much I appreciated that ride until I went to Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom and found a boring, empty character meet and greet location and equipment storage in the spot where you would expect to see Storybook Land.

Seriously, this part of the geography at Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld is sadly lacking.
    That part wasn't always sadly lacking... It used to have something even more wonderful than Storybook Land- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Then they took out the beautiful subs, drained the lagoon, filled it up, and constructed a Pooh-themed play area. Disgusting.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I love Storybook Land, but come on - it's a small world is a classic, a staple Disney attraction, the calls for world peace. Even if someone hasn't been to a Disney theme park, there's a good chance that they know the it's a small world song. And let's not forget that the attraction if full of animatronics, fun sets, has wonderful capacity, and has an alternate holiday attraction.

• Hello Dolly.

I love Storybook Land. Very cozy and a nice comfortable ride, especially at night. Nice ride to bring someone you like on. Its very calm and charming.
    Small World is okay and yes its a classic but its a classic I can only bear every few trips because its very long and that stuck-in-your-head song.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

Yes, infectious tune, which is why I voted for storybook. Not to mention the new additions were not necessary to iasw, in my opinion. How can a ride remain original, if it changes just a bit too much?
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You must be an optometrist. Because to me your polls of the past have had pretty clear-cut choices. But in this case I'm going to have to go with "about the same".

Sure, Small World is much more grander, but Storybookland has a charm that is at least equal to that of Small World.

Each ride is very different yet in a way they are both very similar.
    LOL yeah.

Well like I have said before, this isn't a popularity contest. This is just supposed to be a debate on which of two very similar rides is more awesome and why. If it was solely based off of popularity I would of had the match ups done way differently....

But yeah some match ups will be an easy decision and some will be more difficult. Tis the power of opinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast