View Poll Results: Which of these two Fantasyland Boat rides is more awesome???

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • "it's a small world"

60 56.60%
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats

46 43.40%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boa

*IASW currently leading with 59.68% of the votes*

• Laughing Place Finder

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boa

Thanks for the info on 20,000 Leagues at WDW. I guess that was filled in way before I got over there. What a tragedy.

It would be so odd to go to Disneyland and find the park ending at Dumbo. (The WDW version of Toontown is so sad I just purge it from my mind.)
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Minion

Small World is ok, but that song is annoying, so much that its used as torture for some.

But I had to go with Storybook. I love the tiny villages, and that ride is kinda romantic at night under the stars.

The only thing that throws that ride off are those damn ducks!!!! Most of the time, they're sitting in London Park and they really throw off the scale!! They should give some riders an air gun or just something to shoo them off with.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

A difficult choice. On the one hand, it's a small world is the signature Disneyland attraction for many. On the other, being swallowed my Monstro is one of my clearest memories from when I was a wee dragon being taken to Disneyland.

Ultimately, nostalgia and Monstro won out over the dream of a united world. I suspect that says something about me.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Small a World It's

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

ya IASM song is know by more people around the world. but to me, i'm still just sitting in a boat and if i look up am reminded that i'm in a building. i want the feeling of disneyland and i get that more on storybook. like someone said, that view of the matterhorn is awesome.

flower gleam & glow...

• Choir nerd

Although I enjoyed both of these rides, I feel that IASW is much more innovative and technically impressive. The models on the Canal are very nice though...

• All-American

Only it's a small world has been replicated at every Magic Kingdom around the world, and it's theme of global peace will be infinitely more relevant until that idea becomes a reality.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Small World is ok, but that song is annoying, so much that its used as torture for some.

But I had to go with Storybook. I love the tiny villages, and that ride is kinda romantic at night under the stars.

The only thing that throws that ride off are those damn ducks!!!! Most of the time, they're sitting in London Park and they really throw off the scale!! They should give some riders an air gun or just something to shoo them off with.
    If that gun idea was reality, damn that would be sweet!!!

Storybook is truly a throw-back to Disneyland's early years. A calm ride with a live cast member speil. Once you pass through Monstro's mouth, it is almost like a time machine. I gotta vote for Storybook here. We need to support the early attractions so they don't go to Yesterland!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

Small World simply because I'm a fan of any ride that operates within a show building, and this one is the 'grandest' of them all.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Tough call, but I gotta go with Storybook Land Canal Boats. Really nice miniatures and love the Casey Jr. train going by.

• Storyteller

Hard choice for me too, but I went with IASW. I love the quaint intimacy and nostalgia of Storybook Land, but for me IASW is a landmark attraction that still serves as a good model for what a Disney ride should be. And I have to be honest, I LOVE the song. Like I will listen to it over and over again in my car really loud while driving around. I know some people absolutely loathe it, but I love it and it therefore enhances the ride for me.

• Anaheim Born & Raised

Wow, I have to say, this is a great question. Each of the two rides is so unique. I personally have to go with IASW. I love Storybook, the landscaping is spectacular and the scene's are so detailed and charming. I'm constantly finding new things that I might have missed the time before. It's a worthy opponent. That all being said, Small World has my heart. I have so many lovely memories of riding IASW with my two little boys and I have to agree with a couple other people..the IASW Christmas decor is really hard to beat! My favorite IASW piece of all time is the Peace on Earth sign at the end of the ride during the Holiday season. It's a must do for my family when we're in the park.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by Pineappleprincess View Post
    Wow, I have to say, this is a great question. Each of the two rides is so unique. I personally have to go with IASW. I love Storybook, the landscaping is spectacular and the scene's are so detailed and charming. I'm constantly finding new things that I might have missed the time before. It's a worthy opponent. That all being said, Small World has my heart. I have so many lovely memories of riding IASW with my two little boys and I have to agree with a couple other people..the IASW Christmas decor is really hard to beat! My favorite IASW piece of all time is the Peace on Earth sign at the end of the ride during the Holiday season. It's a must do for my family when we're in the park.
    Nice answer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast