View Poll Results: Which of these two Fantasyland Boat rides is more awesome???

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • "it's a small world"

60 56.60%
  • Storybook Land Canal Boats

46 43.40%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Cool DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boats

First let me add that Round 3. was a very good debate but at you all know there is only one Awesomest DLR ride per round. By taking 67.80% of the votes, your winner of Round 3., Pirates of the Caribbean VS. Splash Mountain is............

Pirates of the Caribbean!!!

Great Job!!!

To take a look at last weeks battle click here!

DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 3. Pirates of the Caribbean VS. Splash Mountain
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Now for this weeks battle!!!

Last week it was a battle of the DLR's most amazing "Story told/Water rides" and this time we are going to stay in water but enter the world of Fantasy! This week we are going to debate over which Fantasyland boat ride is the most awesome. Let's meet our two warriors!!!

First off we have one of the most memorable rides in Disneyland. Not only memorable through the attraction's experience but mostly memorable due to the song. While this ride may be a favorite or a least favorite to some, it is defiantly one of the key attractions at Disneyland due to it's exciting adventure of journeying through the world that is united by little doll audio-animatronic figures.

I give you...

"it's a small world"

Next we have one of the most original Disneyland attractions, which has always left a warm feeling in our hearts. This ride sits you on a motor driven boat in which a swallow from "Monstro" the whale sets you from reality, to Storybook Land. In story book land you will be toured of mini replicas of many Disney fantasy classics. It is a Fantasyland must for many.

I give you...

Storybook Land Canal Boats
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Who will win this week and be crowned one of the DLR's awesomest rides???

IF YOU VOTE, PLEASE STATE YOUR REASONING!!!

NOTE:If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints, feel free to PM me.

*Based off of SPIKE's Deadliest Warrior, no copyright intended.*
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Next weeks battle is the battle of PIXAR's interactive Dark Rides...

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters VS. Toy Story Midway Mania

• We Go On.

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boa

Small world. By miles. Just standing in the queue reminds you you're at Disneyland.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: DLR's Awesomest Rides: Round 4. "it's a small world" VS. Storybook Land Canal Boa

For some reason it literally took me seconds to click "Storybook" ride as my favorite. It's just something that makes the top of my list when traveling to Disneyland.

Wish I had that ride in my backyard.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Whoa, can't say I've ever been on the Storybook ride! But what I can say is I hate small world! ppffpppp

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I love them both, but since I have to choose then IASW is my choice. Both rides are wonderful to look at, and a lot of fun to ride. However, I always feel a whole lot safer on the Small World Boats then I do on Storybook Land. Also nothing beats the Holiday overlay on Small World.

So if u care to find me, look to the western sky

wow... it depends if i want a long indoor ride or like short outdoors ride

hmmmm............

• Here's my 2 cents

Storybook wins, I can't go anywhere near IASW, I might hear THAT MUSIC! and I'll have it stuck in my head all day.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• revolutionary waltz

Both rides are very good, but "it's a small world" is a classic. People around the world can recognize its name and its infectious tune.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I chose Storybookland because IASW gets annoying after awhile.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 06-11-2009 at 02:00 PM.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

I ended up going with Storybook because I love how when I am on that ride, I feel that I am in Fantasyland the most.

• Dave

Blog Entries

You know I love storey book because it is so simple.
    Dave

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

it's a small world

• Silly Bird?

My vote is an objective one: IASW. Walt built the ride for the '64 World's Fair and then shipped it home to California. Annoying, tedious, and most recently ground zero for a synergy/merchandising H-Bomb, one cannot deny it's importance in the universe of theme parks. We might not have had POTC the way we know it today had IASW never been built.

Now, I love Small World, I've written a "Concerto in Miniature" for you to enjoy on your next cruise (free downloads available on my facebook page, friend me my name is Mission Seagull). And for a ride that was just once a voyage through Walt's own hand selected Weed's of the world it cannot be overlooked at how potent those fanciful miniatures are to young and old. Plus, you'll never get a chance to ride IASW with a character like Alice or the Mad Hatter sitting next to you making trite observations along the way.

Sorry Storybook Land Canal Boats, it might not have been my heart voting.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• I'm not really here

My vote went to Storybook Land. It just feels so much more quaint, and intimate. Cozy almost. I love it's a small world too, but not as much as Storybook Land.

And how cool is the view of the Matterhorn over Pinocchio's Village?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You must be an optometrist. Because to me your polls of the past have had pretty clear-cut choices. But in this case I'm going to have to go with "about the same".

Sure, Small World is much more grander, but Storybookland has a charm that is at least equal to that of Small World.

Each ride is very different yet in a way they are both very similar.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast