Annual Pass Question

Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for a while, but I have a question and decided to jump in and post.

My family is headed to DLR at the end of June, we'll be there from June 26-July 3. We have a 6 day hopper pass, and thought that would be ok since we're flying in in the morning of the 26th and flying out mid-day on the 3rd.

The more we started thinking about it, we decided that, being the Disney nuts we are, we won't be able to stand being close to DL on the 26th at noon and forcing ourselves to wait until the following day. So we do plan to purchase one day passes for 3 of the 4 of us for Friday. Our DD's b-day is Saturday, so we decided to have her get in free on Sat to save us that expense for her.

Well, I checked, and upgrading to a DAP is only $6 more for the 3 of us (will be a bit more for DD).

My question: we will for sure be returning to Southern CA (we're renting a house in Capistrano) July 3-11 next year. We played around with the idea of coming down early in order to go to DL, but were wondering if we could do that with an AP.

Does the AP date start on the first date of the original ticket (and therefore end on the same date the next year) or does it start on the day you get your AP?

Yes, a very long winded explanation of a short question. If it does start on the first day we used our tickets, then even though it's really cheap to upgrade, it probably doesn't make sense for us to do it since it would expire before we come down next year, and I'm not sure if we can financially swing coming down any other time in the next year (we live in WA).

• The Dudester

Re: Annual Pass Question

Quote Originally Posted by melissap View Post
    Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for a while, but I have a question and decided to jump in and post.

My family is headed to DLR at the end of June, we'll be there from June 26-July 3. We have a 6 day hopper pass, and thought that would be ok since we're flying in in the morning of the 26th and flying out mid-day on the 3rd.

The more we started thinking about it, we decided that, being the Disney nuts we are, we won't be able to stand being close to DL on the 26th at noon and forcing ourselves to wait until the following day. So we do plan to purchase one day passes for 3 of the 4 of us for Friday. Our DD's b-day is Saturday, so we decided to have her get in free on Sat to save us that expense for her.

Well, I checked, and upgrading to a DAP is only $6 more for the 3 of us (will be a bit more for DD).

My question: we will for sure be returning to Southern CA (we're renting a house in Capistrano) July 3-11 next year. We played around with the idea of coming down early in order to go to DL, but were wondering if we could do that with an AP.

Does the AP date start on the first date of the original ticket (and therefore end on the same date the next year) or does it start on the day you get your AP?

Yes, a very long winded explanation of a short question. If it does start on the first day we used our tickets, then even though it's really cheap to upgrade, it probably doesn't make sense for us to do it since it would expire before we come down next year, and I'm not sure if we can financially swing coming down any other time in the next year (we live in WA).
    Unfortunately for you, I'm almost positive that the first day of use of the ticket would be the day your AP would be effective.

• Here's my 2 cents

Re: Annual Pass Question

Quote Originally Posted by LLCMC View Post
    Unfortunately for you, I'm almost positive that the first day of use of the ticket would be the day your AP would be effective.
    I agree, it's the first day of use
    I reject your reality and substitute my own