Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

We are doing the grandparent thing and would like the Princess GD to have the works!! Can someone tell me if they have a good selection of princess gowns and is the quality good?

Also how far is the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique from Ariel's Grotto. We have 6pm rezzie's.

Re: Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

i wonder why no one has answered this. but im no expert since i dont live by DLR but i read in some other posts that they just have the main princess outfits so like Snow WHite, Cinderella, and Sleeping beauty, maybe belle. but no pocahontas, mulan, jasmine ect.... and it was also mentioned that they just are the same color of dress and they dont necessarily look like the dress

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Booberry View Post
    We are doing the grandparent thing and would like the Princess GD to have the works!! Can someone tell me if they have a good selection of princess gowns and is the quality good?
    which character?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Waiting for fireworks...

The Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique is in Disneyland and Ariel's Grotto is in California Adventure. Depends on the lines to get into California Adventure but it shouldn't take you too long. I'd guess maybe 20-30 minutes to get from one to the other.

Their quality of dresses are pretty good, though not what you'd find in a really, really good, professional shop. But better then your average Halloween costume Might I also add that the experience alone in worth it! I have no kids of my own to take (sad me...) but I volunteer with the Make-A-Wish foundation, and alot of my Wish Kids who have wanted to go to Disney and be a princess have done the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique, and it is always one of the highlights of their trip

As for the distance, they are in two seperate parks... I'd imagine it would take about 20 minutes to walk from one place to the next, assuming you don't get stuck in lines or behind a parade!

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

It too is my understanding that the quality of Disney's childrens costumes is good.

Here is a link for more information regarding BBB
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

• Minion

Sad for me too that I havent yet went! Perhaps thats a place Ill surprise my niece for her birthday this month!

• Banned User

Depends on the events like parades and HSM. I did Monorail to Taste Pilot's Grill on a Wednesday and it was about 15 minutes. It is a long walk so give yourself half an hour.

You have to walk out the shop and right through the castle to Main Street then around the train station and under the bridge and head right at the tunnel as the left gets clogged with strollers and other rentals and as you will probably be exiting through the right side. Across the esplanade then through the DCA gate then around the survey takers and to Sunshine Plaza.
    Diagonally up the path and around the winery to the bridge then left through a narrow area to the Grotto.

Traffic jams occur on Main Street, at the tunnels under the train, at the exits and entrances, the area just past the DCA entrance, the area by the silver zephyr, and then on the bridge to Ariel's.

• A Weather Eye Open

I mentioned in the other thread that the dresses are not very accurate representations of the cartoon dresses, or even of what the face characters in the park wear, haha! But that does not necessarily mean that they are not good... they have some of the details, and of course lots of sparkly chiffon and tulle, like a very elaborate ballet tutu. The Alice and Minnie dresses are a bit simpler but still charming, of course! And there are accessories galore: tiaras, shoes, wands, gloves, rediculous little purses. They have wigs at some stores, but maybe not the Boutique since you're there to get your hair done. They seem to be of fair quality construction; I'd wager that they are maybe slightly better than the ones you'd find in the Disney Store (which are in fact half the price, just as pretty but different, as they are still made by The Children's Place). Definitely better than the packaged Halloween costumes or than a mail-order dance recital costume. But still made in China, and with a high acrylic or polyester content no doubt! Not as nice as something made in the US, or as something custom made by a relative or craft vendor The bodices seem to be made from stretchy lycra to fit more sizes, like a dance costume. As long as your child is not as anal as I was as a kid, she will love them no doubt!

They will definitely have dresses for Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel. Some, like Ariel or Belle, may have two different dresses to choose from (Belle has a red one for some reason, in addition to her yellow, and Ariel usually has a white dress to match her wedding dress in addition to a dress in her "mermaid" colors of green and purple). They will probably also have a green Tinkerbell dress, and you can of course buy all the fairy costumes at the fairy shop near their Pixie Hollow meet and greet. They might have a Jasmine outfit, and dresses for Minnie and Alice. A good place to check out would be the shop at the Princess Fantasy Fair near Small World. I can't imagine that if a certain costume is available elsewhere in the park, but just not displayed in the boutique (there seems to be limited room) that they wouldn't restrict you to only what's in that one shop. They might even keep some of the other costumes nearby in the back in case people ask for them. There is usually a fairly large variety, I think, especially if you're willing to look around the park. The packages don't really seem to give you a discount (like a value meal would at McDs, say), so if a girl really wanted a hairdo and a Rosetta fairy costume (but they didn't sell that costume in the store), you could easily buy the Rosetta costume at it's respective shop, and then do the hair, nails, and makeup at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Thanks for the responses.

I didn't even know about the BBB till I made the rezzie's for Ariel's Princess dinner.

I was thinking about making an appointment at BBB and then going to dinner. We are going to the park in August and I know it will be warm to hot! I didn't know how long the walk would be or if I should even do the two together.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Booberry View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

I didn't even know about the BBB till I made the rezzie's for Ariel's Princess dinner.

I was thinking about making an appointment at BBB and then going to dinner. We are going to the park in August and I know it will be warm to hot! I didn't know how long the walk would be or if I should even do the two together.
    Do the two together. If you let the reservation number know that you want to do both, then they will help you in making sure the reservations fit. A lot of little princess like to get all dressed up and have their hair done at Bibbidi and then show their new looks with the other princesses at Ariel's Grotto.
    Last edited by Donald1980; 06-12-2009 at 11:32 AM.

• Disneymom

I miss the Libby Lu shop in DTD. We used to take our daughter there for a make over and it was alot cheaper than in the park.
    I think you can make an appointment for BBB so you can time it before the rez.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I miss the Libby Lu shop in DTD. We used to take our daughter there for a make over and it was alot cheaper than in the park.
    I think you can make an appointment for BBB so you can time it before the rez.
    Some of the packages at Bibbidi have dresses and some accesories included. For example, the "Knight Package" for the boys is $14.95. The knights get the hair done, plus a sword of choice and a shield. If you were to buy the same sword and shield in another shop such as World of Disney, it would cost you $14.95.

I don't know the complete details of each package, but I would guess if you were to add up everything you get with each package, it would probably turn out not to cost that much for the actually turning into a princess process.

• Bonjour Mes Amis

Rosies Bar sipping upon a nice cold Grape Nehi ... pass the pretzels please

The link that I provided has good information regarding BBB. It is from Disney's web site.
    Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead