• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post D23's Review and Information on Disneyland's Nightastic

The head honcho's at D23 to a trip to Disneyland last night for a first look at the "Nightastic" festivities. They have come back with a review of the new festivities including some candid comments from Disney's Entertainment Department.

They comment on the Tomorrowland Terrace Dance Club (TLT) and summer concerts. They took a look at the new fireworks show "Magical" along with a quick interview of "Wicked" star and performer of music for the new show, Eden Espinosa. Electrical parade information, as well as news about the Fireworks and Fantasmic!.

Along they way, they spoke with Disneyland's Director of Entertainment, Doug McIntyre, who confided about the potential return of Magical next summer along with a potential Halloween fireworks show, as well as challenges conserning Fantasmic's new show elements (the missing dragon, staging issues, tweaks and changes).

Photo Copyright Disney

"We talked tonight about making a new adjustment to Flotsam and Jetsam." Currently the two slither out together from the same side of the river. "We're talking about doing a version where they come from different sides of the river. We're still learning as we see it." said McIntyre
    McIntyre continued "One thing guests didn't see was the new Maleficent dragon, who wasn't quite ready for her close up. As one of the very few people who have seen the dragon in its functioning mode, I'm thrilled by the dragon. In our test-and-adjust period, we had a situation where we had a mechanical issue we knew we had to fix and we knew we weren't going to be ready. So we're working on that and will get it into the show as soon as we can," said Doug. "Guests won't believe their eyes. I think is going to be one of the most spectacular additions to a Disney show that's ever been done. It's certainly the largest Disney character that's ever been created in animated mode. And it's a huge leap from what the dragon used to be. This is full, three-dimensional, fully articulated, 45-foot-tall, 32-foot wingspan, with 18 axis of motion, it takes five computers to run the thing — it's what you'd expect from Disney with all of the technology we have at our hands!"
    Read the entire article for more photos and news about fireworks, Fantasmic!, Dancing, and lots of little electrical lights on D23:
    Summer Nightastic! Lights Up Disneyland!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: D23's Review and Information on Disneyland's Nightastic

I'm surprised to see Doug McIntyre mention Magical possibly returning next Summer as well as a potential Halloween show (which hasn't been announced yet). That would be awesome. However, I'd rather that we have the bigger and better fireworks show in the Summer and have Magical in the off seasons. It is a great idea for them to have multiple fireworks shows throughout the year. Brilliant move.
    Find us on Facebook:

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

awesome!

so it seems like "Remember" will still run through next year?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Makes me sad that we won't be able to see any of these, and missed the preview of Magical by just a few days.

Anyone else notice in the article the caption for the Flotsam/Jetsam is for the Croc?

D23, if you're hiring a proofreader (or another archivist), I'm available.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

You'll probably be able to see some of this during the MiceChat 5 year anniversary in January. Fantasmic and Electrical Parade aren't giving up their new additions after the summer ends. Neither is Pixie Hollow. I think just the "Magical" Fireworks and Tomorrowland dance stage will be going away.
    Find us on Facebook:

Halloween fireworks show = AWESOME!

I would be really excited if that came about.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    Halloween fireworks show = AWESOME!

I would be really excited if that came about.

I wonder if this is the long rumored BOOlieve show that they had wanted to do a couple of years ago.

In any case, I'd be thrilled to see them do a seasonal show like that. The one they do at Disney World is always fun.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Everything's satisfactual

Doug McIntyre gave a bad history report on the Electrical Parade. According to him, it was "here at Disneyland, then it went to Disney World for a while, then it went to Paris, and finally it ended up in Hong Kong. When we brought it back here, the diamond mine and the Pinocchio units were left behind in Hong Kong. They were sitting in a storage facility in Hong Kong." WDW had its own version that got sent to Paris, and was combined with DL's Pinocchio and Snow White and TDL's Swan floats (the TDL parades he strangely left out) and then all floats were sent to Hong Kong, but never used. DL just got back their floats but I think they also could have taken the Swans, since it seems Hong Kong is unlikely to have a parade.
    Walt Disney World May 1998
    Walt Disney World May 2002
    Walt Disney World March 2003
    Walt Disney World March 2004
    Walt Disney World September 2005
    Walt Disney World March 2007
    Disneyland August 2010

Check out my YouTube channel with Disney theme park music!
    Music of the Mastro Master

Visit my Disney entertainment blog!
    Disney Entertainment History

• "I Break Things"

Thank you Dusty... it's a nice change of pace when Disney is willing to admit and address problems rather then sweep them under the PR rug.

I am eagerly awaiting the Dragon AA, and very grateful that they have plussed a show in a definitively good way. I wish WDI would reinstate their old tradition of looking at attractions and trying to plus them instead of simply filling them with characters.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Thank you Dusty... it's a nice change of pace when Disney is willing to admit and address problems rather then sweep them under the PR rug.

I am eagerly awaiting the Dragon AA, and very grateful that they have plussed a show in a definitively good way. I wish WDI would reinstate their old tradition of looking at attractions and trying to plus them instead of simply filling them with characters.
    I totally agree on both points.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by mastromjm View Post
    Doug McIntyre gave a bad history report on the Electrical Parade. According to him, it was "here at Disneyland, then it went to Disney World for a while, then it went to Paris, and finally it ended up in Hong Kong. When we brought it back here, the diamond mine and the Pinocchio units were left behind in Hong Kong. They were sitting in a storage facility in Hong Kong." WDW had its own version that got sent to Paris, and was combined with DL's Pinocchio and Snow White and TDL's Swan floats (the TDL parades he strangely left out) and then all floats were sent to Hong Kong, but never used. DL just got back their floats but I think they also could have taken the Swans, since it seems Hong Kong is unlikely to have a parade.
    I thought so too. The way he said it, the whole parade was in Hong Kong before they brought it back to DCA in 2001 which is when they left those floats there. Hong Kong Disneyland wasn't even built yet! Why would they have the parade back then??

But the other info is a great read. Would be cool to have Magical for the summer and Remember during the "off season" if there is such a thing any more. My guess would be to have the smaller fireworks show when the park is busiest to keep more rides open. Hopefully the Halloween show FINALLY comes true!

But no mention that next summer is Disneyland's 55th Anniversary. Will there be anything new? They going to bring back Parade of Dreams instead of the canned Wonder parade??

• Mickey is not my Brother

I love the additions to Fantasmic! and can't wait for the dragon but I hope they find some way to keep Dumbo when Magical goes away.