Premium seating for fireworks & parades

What is premium seating for fireworks and parades? Is it worth it?

• I live for Indy Rides

Re: Premium seating for fireworks & parades

This is about Fantasmic! seating.
    From the recent accounts from certain MiceChatters, I've gathered that some people wait around for 1 to 2 hours for seating for Fantasmic! but I've heard others talking how they just came 5 to 10 minutes before the event and still having a good time seeing the show.
    As for optimal placement, I honestly wouldn't know, since I've never been able to see the show (it was still all broken when I went this year), but I'd assume that perhaps the bridge that goes over the Pirates of the Caribbean queue would give you a clear view. But don't take just my view for it, since I'm just guessing here.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I personally don't think it's worth it, unless a few hours really kills your soul at Disneyland.

i got premium seating you pay $50 bucks to get a dessert buffet and a very good reserved view of Fantasmic. usually i dont get this but since fantasmic is new this year i thought it would be good to get reserved seats so i dont have to save a seat two hours before the show, and what really sucks is you wait two hours before a show starts to get good seats and then 5 minutes before the show someone shoves there kid in front of you and you cant see all that well

• Banned User

the cost of Fantasmic dessert seating is equal to a steak dinner at Plaza Inn plus drink, hot dog, chips, and drink, cheddarburger, onioin rings and drink, Matterhorn sundae with tip, and a box of popcorn. So can you tell me that two reserved seats and dessert is worth more than a 4-scoop sundae, 3 drinks, chips, mashed potatos, veggies, steak, roll, popcorn, onion rings ir french fries, hotdog, cheddarburger or bacon cheeseburger, and condiments?

It is something special but for me maybe only on my birthday.

• Sock Puppet

We've enjoyed watching Fantasmic numerous times from various locations such as the balcony of Club 33; a front row table at the River Belle and while enjoying reserved seating for the Dessert Buffet's from both the Gallery balcony and the newer riverfront section.

Our favorite spot to enjoy the show is from a front row table at the River Belle. We enjoy a nice dinner (well, USED to) and a relaxing time people watching while we wait for the show to start.

It doesn't get much better than that!

well lets put it this way there was a post earlier about how crowed fantasmic was and that some ppl are camping out at 1pm. they even announced on the loud speakers that the show was full so more ppl just kept squeezing their large bums into an already full viewing area. I would definitely pay the 50 bucks to get a good spot good dessert and extra extra time on the rides IMO

No small bums squeezing in????

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I personally don't think it's worth it, unless a few hours really kills your soul at Disneyland.
    my families time is priceless compared to 50 dollar seats, i'll pay that anytime, what a luxury to just walk up and sit down instead of camping out with the masses for 2+ hours.
    BTW the dessert buffet was WAY better when the viewing was from the Gallery balcony and only 15 seat available ($35 too!) it felt very exclusive, there was no reservation system per se, it was first come first served at the Gallery to try and get a reservation. Many times I waited at the maingate at 8am then raced to the Gallery to try and get those covented reservations, only to find that the concierge at the DL hotel had directed all the early entries over there ahead of me, sometimes I was lucky, most of the time I was not. It was a great feeling when I did get one though!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Question, the way it is now...do you just get a drink and a "goodie box" OR is it still a buffet where you can eat all you want?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twingirlsmom View Post
    No small bums squeezing in????
    Nope as the bums were larger than the space available so all bums squeezing in were super sized.

One could start up a business of space holding, lol.

• A Weather Eye Open

The available Fantasmic! dessert + seating option has already been discussed.

For the recent Honda giveaway I know they gave away "premium seating" for the fireworks and some parades as well, but it's debatable whether those were really good seats. I don't know those events normally have seating available for purchase: perhaps for the Electrical Parade it is available at the Wine Country Trattoria?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Isn't there premium seating for the fireworks as well?

We just did the Fantasmic! Premium seating and I have to say thumbs up. We were able to stroll around the park until 10pm. We arrived and were seated in comfy folding chairs and given hot chocolate, water and a box of stuff way too big for any one person - 5 kinds of cheese, crackers, grapes, 2 truffles, a brownie, a raspberry filled cookie, a lemon tart, a mini cheesecake and something else I'm forgetting. The view was great and the relaxation factor allowed us to really enjoy the show. Then we could just sit and finish our hot cocoa while the crowds exited after the show. I had half the box for breakfast the next day lol

My girlfriend and I got the premium seating for Fantasmic! on July 17th and I thought the night was going to be perfect. I was thinking we would have front row seats to the first show with the new dragon on Disneyland's birthday. Well I was totally wrong. Not only did the new dragon not come out (boo), but the seats we had were kind of off to the side in the second row and partially behind a cement pillar, and of course this crazy tall guy sits right in front of us. So the night was not as perfect as I had hoped.

I now think that the premium seating is REALLY not worth it. But if you do wish to go with it, make sure you show up EARLY to the check in time. That way you get first dibs on your seat.

Also, I was in the park last week and I got to sit in the "VIP" fireworks viewing area located in the front of the hub. Those spots are not for sale but I think I heard somewhere that you can like win them somehow. Idk. But my cast member friend hooked me up and let me tell you, that is the perfect spot! The fireworks never looked so good! Sooo maybe try and make some cast member friends....