Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An "UP" Ride?

• Enjoying every day...

An "UP" Ride?

I haven't been on in awhile so I don't know if this has been said but how about changing the "Golden Zephyr" to an "UP" Attraction? Same concept of the ride but re-themed so that it would make it atleast somewhat worth while to go on... What are your thoughts?
    "Sometimes the way forward, is also the way back."

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: An "UP" Ride?

I think that having an Up ride would be cool, but it would be even cooler if it was like a Soarin type of ride- Carl, Russel, Dug, and the audience travels to different places.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I personally don't want to see anymore plans for Disney to make fresh movies into rides. IMHO, I don't think Cars Land is that great of an idea -- I would much rather see a Disney Classic Movie to be made into a ride first.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Enjoying every day...

I just think that the Golden Zephyr is too "blah"... Am I just thinking too "Pressler" here?

I too don't want to see another movie overlay...its getting kind of ridiculous IMO. I think LM will work because it is a disney classic becoming a ride rather than taking something new that was popular at the box office and hoping it is popular as a ride. (subs?)

Ive always wanted to see a Beauty and the Beast dark ride. But dont see any other place for it than Fantasy Land in DL. .....sorry that got way off topic

• Enjoying every day...

Will LM work as well as Pooh did over at Disneyland? As for a Beauty and the Beast Dark ride, how about where the old Fantasy Land Skyway area? Dig into the land or build around there?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DSNE1995 View Post
    I haven't been on in awhile so I don't know if this has been said but how about changing the "Golden Zephyr" to an "UP" Attraction? Same concept of the ride but re-themed so that it would make it atleast somewhat worth while to go on... What are your thoughts?
    No offense but this is the cheap marketing techniques Disney does that pisses off everyone at Micechat. If this happened, Disney would get ripped on this site.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Just tie some balloons to the Maliboomer and call it good.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

So that would mean the Up Golden Zephyer would close if the wind was over 14 MPH?

As long as the UP attraction is put somewhere in Tomorrowland, I think everyone would be happy.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    As long as the UP attraction is put somewhere in Tomorrowland, I think everyone would be happy.

• Californian Fox-Wolf

How about a better Up tie-in that everyone here would disagree on, but would make sense ride-wise: replace Soarin' Over California with Soarin' with Carl Fredricksen?

Start your complaints about movie/park tie-ins, pixarization of the parks, lack of theme at DCA/DCA bashing now.
    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

• Enjoying every day...

Either way, I never reall understood the whole "Golden Zephyer" and since they were changing everything else why not this as well... It is a "cheap marketing techniques Disney does that pisses off everyone at Micechat" but isn't this more of a kids ride and wouldn't they get the most kick out of it? I would admit that "Soarin' Over California with Soarin' with Carl Fredricksen" makes sense as well but Soarin is a awesome ride in it's own so there is no need to change it...

• Enjoying every day...

Put an UP attraction in TL? How about where the Astro Orbitor used to be since they probably won't put AO back where it belongs and those Satellite's need to go...

• Wilderness Explorer

I've actually been thinking about an 'Up' ride recently. I think the problem with many of the new "franchise" attractions is that they re-hash the plot of the film rather than creating a similar environment or experience. (I will say that despite thematic relevance, A Bug's Land does a great job of letting you play bug. It is an exception.)

Any way...what about taking Carl and Russell and Dug and places them in a new adventure. I propose that Carl and Russell go on a new adventure to seek out Big Foot in the forests of Northern California. They've been missing for a while and, as honorary Wilderness Explorers, we go in after them. Of course, guests meet Big Foot and end up being rescued by Carl and Russell abord the Spirit of Adventure (the airship).

I'd love to have some sort of ride vehicle that would allow a simulated "off-road" experience for the first half, and allow you to be lifted off the ground (through and overhead track system) after the climax. What would make this ride truly innovative is a ride system where this transition was well-hidden. Meaning, you really got to see a lot of sky (and potentially things like the flying zepplin) during the "off road" trunk portion (instead of track) and really got to see a ground (and not track) after you had been lifted up and rescued.

While I know there is no room where I'm proposing, I think it'd be great to situate an attraction between Condor Flats and Grizzly Peak. With the motifs of aviation and "wilderness exploration" (via Russell) this would be a good transitional attraction that would combine both elements. I think it could be called: "Carl's Aero Adventurer Troop".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast