Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

HD Video of the Electrical Parade's Return

MintCrocodile has posted new video in HD of the parade on his blog. I like the dynamic lighting effects like on Cinderella's Coach. Not sure if that is new?

Check it out
    Magic Eye: In My World of Dreams, Flowers and Butterflies Talk Like Humans. Of Course, Cats Do Also

Part 1
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oh4kx_OEIA]YouTube - Disney's Electrical Parade in HD Part 1 of 3[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URN53SXlDQM]YouTube - Disney's Electrical Parade in HD Part 2 of 3[/ame]

Part 3
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRvvd4lAZs]YouTube - Disney's Electrical Parade Parade in HD part 3 of 3[/ame]

Thanks to all who film and post these videos so we from afar can appreciate them!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: HD Video of the Electrical Parade's Return

I love the last float very patriotic

• Banned User

From the video, I think the pixie dust effect looks great! It really shimmers and seems to connect the entire parade together. The Fireworks in the Salute to America float are awesome. They look terrific. All the new upgrades, even the music, I like.

• HauntedOne999

the undertone of the baroque hoedown was lost in the new arrangments (well from what i could hear from the video)... which is sad

the new arrangments didnt sound bad - the synth is more high tech, but the deep tones of the original had a special place in my heart

the pixiedust on the Honor America unit was wierd... and is it me or was part of the flag and eagle not working? the fireworks looked fantastic!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• (Not a) New User

I noticed that too. There was like a big black patch of nothingness on the eagle.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Whoaaa! Thanks man!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Mickey is not my Brother

So they cut out the circus and the Blue Fairy anything else? Where the fireworks new?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    the undertone of the baroque hoedown was lost in the new arrangments (well from what i could hear from the video)... which is sad

the new arrangments didnt sound bad - the synth is more high tech, but the deep tones of the original had a special place in my heart

the pixiedust on the Honor America unit was wierd... and is it me or was part of the flag and eagle not working? the fireworks looked fantastic!
    I agree. While its visually stunning and I like the improvements and changes to the floats themselves, the music just doesn't have the same inspiration for me.

When the very first notes of the Baroque Hoedown would begin, and the synthesized voice would announce the parade, I would get a special chill down my spine and a surge of warm energy and happiness would envelope my body... with this new music, yes its still basically the Baroque Hoedown but its lost its spark. Maybe its hearing it on a computer and not in person, or maybe its because I had heard that there were going to be changes and I was expecting them, but this music just doesn't give me that tingle... for me the music has lost its magic.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I'm not really here

I actually really liked the parade overall.

I wish that there had been a little more left of the Baroque Hoedown, but that being said I really like the new music as well. It fits quite well with the parade.

The Pixie Dust effect is very well executed. It isn't super-in-your-face and happens often enough that you get what it is without it being too annoying.

The return of floats is awesome, the new Fairy float is beautiful.

Few lighting glitches: not all the lights went out on Elliot and some sections weren't working on the flag or on the left wing of the eagle on the final float. But that's not bad at all considering how many lights there are in the parade.

I'm excited to see it in person

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I don't remember if they were in the parade originally or not, but the donkey-boy-dancers kinda weird me out. In a good way. In a "that part of the film was absolutely horrifying and I can't believe they had the guts to throw them in the middle of the happy lights and colors parade." kind of way.

I got to see bits of it last night on my lunch break, and overall the thing I loved most was just seeing it sparkle like new again. Oh yeah - and ODV had Mickeyhead-inside-another-balloon balloons with COLOR CHANGING LEDS INSIDE! Electrical parade balloons! I saw a kid let one go and you could follow it in the night sky for MILES!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• TDR and Japan fan

i like it, i still like the tokyo one better, but this is very cool
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• My silly Friend Ariel

I like it can't weight to see it in person.

• Closed Account

The new music is horrendous. They have ruined something that was so iconic but what else is new w/ them? Having a MIDI file that sounds like its from the 90s from Tokyo is NOT suited for this parade. And they shoved EVERY SONG from said films into thier respective units. A cacaphony of sound. All the uniquenss is gone. Cindys faux harpsichord, Pans bass, Alices "twinkle" music, Pinocs carni music. Its cold and impersonal.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

The parade looks great but the music isn't very good, I don't like that the hoedown underliner has disappeared from the floats, I've always enjoyed the mix of the float music with the baroque hoedown. The music also seems to be a little more "brilliant musical sounds" from TDL instead of "electro-syntho-magnetic" musical sounds

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I agree. While its visually stunning and I like the improvements and changes to the floats themselves, the music just doesn't have the same inspiration for me.

When the very first notes of the Baroque Hoedown would begin, and the synthesized voice would announce the parade, I would get a special chill down my spine and a surge of warm energy and happiness would envelope my body... with this new music, yes its still basically the Baroque Hoedown but its lost its spark. Maybe its hearing it on a computer and not in person, or maybe its because I had heard that there were going to be changes and I was expecting them, but this music just doesn't give me that tingle... for me the music has lost its magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post

I can't wait to see and hear the "enhancements" in person - There is some good with the changes and one thing that hits with a resounding KLUNK! The good is they finally tried to update the parade, and here are the HITS, and KLUNKERS.

First of all, MSEP DOESN'T belong in Paradise Pier ~ MSEP belongs on Main Street USA.

The new Tinkerbell float look rather nice, and fits in ok. And one thing I do like so far, is fairy swirl lighting added to most of the units. BUT enough is enough with Tinkerbell. She is taking over too many things - The Blue Fairy was THE iconic beginning of the Electrical Parade, and it really sad to see her killed off by Tink. C'mon, Tink let Cinderella's Fairy Godmother stay in the Parade, why couldn't she leave the Blue Fairy in the Parade? Why can't Tink control her temper and apologize to the Blue Fairy? Tink, I don't like you anymore. You've become just like Pooh-bear who ransacked the Country Bears.

Moving on, wisely the train with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy are still there! BUT in this 75th year of Donald Duck, it would have been more than appropriate to add a caboose to the train, to give Donald Duck (and perhaps Pluto) a Permanent place to be in this parade!!!

Alice's floats look good. Wasn't there a considerably different Cheshire Cat before? Regardless, the new one is quite nice.

Cinderella float looks good, too. And the water fountains on the float between the prince and cindy's step-sister, and around Big Ben look very nice.

Peter Pan, Hook and Smee look good, and even Tink's "new appearance" (the swirly lights is nice).

It's great that the Diamond Mine Float has reappeared, But they really should have added a forest float in front of it, so that Snow could ride instead of walk, and place some of her forest friends on it too (smaller lit up critters)

Pinnochio ~ Well, here's one area the Disney blew it. They had a perfect opportunity to bring in at least one of the new Disney Animated classic movies, and sadly, they decided to bring back the scary Lampwick float, BLECH, They would have been much better off with Ariel, Aladdin, Belle, or Simba. Not a fan of these newly reincarnated floats -definitely a big KLUNK. Plus watching Pinnochio just sit in that chair, and, well, uh, Chair Dance, just isn't one of the great moments of the parade.

Elliot ~ Looks wonderful, and I like that his spots are lit separately.

Flag Finale ~ HURRAY!!! the Firework lighting is vastly improved!!!

Overall, it seems we all LOST a few characters in the "enhancement". Tink killed off an Elephant, a couple clowns, and a Lion, too. Tink need to go to neverland jail.

That just leave one final thing, left to mention, for right now. And that is regarding the updated soundtrack for MSEP. Ok, two things about the soundtrack:

First of all, as much as I like the swirly tinkerlights going throughout the parade, the sound that goes with them, Every Single Time the swirly lights goes off, is MADDENING! Swirly Fairy Light - ok. Swirly Fairy Light Sound ~ A BIG FAT NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!. It distracts WAY TOO MUCH from the music, which is SO important to this parade! Get RID of the swirly fairy light music!!!

Second, and MOST important, a comment on the overall soundtrack for each of the unit and sections in the parade. I quoted two previous comments who both touched base on this subject.

The Baroque Hoedown, and it's own peculiar sound IS what makes the DEP what it is! It's the defining part of the DEP experience.

Just to place this in the right perspective, Think to the recently ended Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks Show, think of the feeling that goes through your body at the beginning of the Main Street portion, when that familiar announcement with that familiar "announcer" saying "Ladies AND Gentlemen, Boys and Girls Disneyland Proudly Presents . . . . . . . "

Sadly, the revision of the music for this parade was extremely poorly reimagineered. The Baroque Hoedown doesn't unite the entire parade, as it used to. The updated sythesizer music misses the mark by a mile, on what the feel of this parade is all about. This new musical rendition just doesn't have that "electrical" sound anymore. And with that Missing, a Major portion of the DEP parade, and a BIG part of what is the Heart of DEP is missing.

When you listen to some of the "old fasioned stye" music at the beginning of the movie "UP". it was taped in the old format to get that style, and to get the feeling for that time period.

DEP needs to do that exact same type thing! It needs to go back to the older synthesizer to capture the heart and soul of what DEP is and what DEP sounds like! THAT is what they need to have DEP keep it's heart and soul.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast