Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Mac Daddy's Spring/Summer 2009 Photo Extravaganza

(Updated 9/5/09)

Part I: Celebrate! Street Party shots (See below)
    Part II: More 150-500 mm shots of the DLR. Link
    Part III: Night shots Link
    Part IV: More night shots, including Summer Nightastic 09 Link
    Part V: Random shots from 5/22/09 Link

Part VI: Rainy Day/Night shots (New as of 9/5/09)) Link

So...I guess it's been awhile since I've posted any kind of a photo update. I've still been making trips into the park, but I just haven't had time to go through my growing pile of photos to post updates as I used to last year.

Until now! I am now out for the Summer, and I'll be working my way through the last few months over the next few weeks in reverse order. It's going to be rather long, so I hope that's ok. ( I won't post them all or I would still be uploading in 2035 ) I will be posting links to this original post just in case you come back later and want to check out some of the other additions to this thread, which will feature just about everything in both parks, including some new night shots and a few longer shots with a new Sigma 150-500. I also hope to have new shots of the fireworks, Fantasmic, and the Electrical Parade in a few weeks, so please check back if you get a chance.

So....got that six dollar burger ready? Let's get started, shall we?

First up is a set of shots from last Wednesday's "Celebrate: A Street Party." I was looking for an opportunity to try out the 150-500 lens, and I finally got a chance to bring it to the park. Which was no easy task. It's like schlepping around a small anvil in my camera bag. After limping my way up Mainstreet like Quasimodo, I set up shop just beside the Celebrate display, and waited for the show to begin.

This was my first time shooting with the Sigma, so I was still getting used to how to focus the darned thing. It also has an optical stabilizer, but I'm not entirely sure I used it to it's full effect. At any rate, here's a sample of some of the Celebration shots in no particular order:

In other news, after waiting a couple years, I finally made the trip over to the Hilton Hotel to get this panorama. Might I just say that the executive lounge on the 14th floor provides a STUNNING view of Disneyland, possibly the best of any hotel in Anaheim.
    The shot is 6000 pixels across (I downsized it from 11,000) so feel free to click on the link for a larger view of Disneyland and DCA.

And finally, here's a shot of the UP inflatable out in the Esplanade....

(Much more to come. Up next: More 150-500 shots)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-05-2009 at 11:03 PM.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Mac Daddy's Spring/Summer 2009 Photo Extravaganza

Lovely photos!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I was so happy to see you back and posting photos. We've missed you! I know what you mean about having time now that summer is here I've not posted much here lately either as I've been doing Photo Albums on Facebook. Faster and easier.

Love the photos of Celebrate. I think its a very colorful little ... whatever. Makes for good photos. I also love that panorama shot. Looking forward to future additions.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Awesome photos... you know Chip here is like "damn look at me in this pic, my hips are soooo wide".

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Lackey

Great pic of ticked off Alice!
    Love the panorama - worth clicking on to enlarge
    Great shots, the way the lens compresses the whole street

Waiting for more!

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Iron-Clad Allie

These Alice and Hatter face characters have a wonderlanderful chemistry together. I recognize them from other photos of them interacting with guests during non-parade times. They seem to be inseperable friends, and I believe that Alice jouned our MC board not too long ago.

Gepheto looks so totally cool. Those shoes look conspicuously high end. They must be Rockport or Nunn Bush.

Must have caught Mickey on a shy day as he seems to be hiding. I would be blushing too if I had a beautiful lady on each side of me. Two girls for every Mouwwwwwwwwwse! Just saying...
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Your pictures are crisp and clear as a bell...the color vibrant. I would say that new 50 ton Sigma 150-500 was well worth lugging around the park.

HOW WOW is this inflatable display?!!! Everything's looking Up!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Well its about time... JK!!!! We have indeed missed your eye for detail and color around here! Glad to see you've found some time to once again share your unique talent!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very cool parade pics! I love Alice's expressions in these shots. Nice work!
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 06-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

The 500mm Sigma shots have arrived!! Yes!!

That pano is fantastic to. Was there anything interesting below in shot? Could you see the Warf or the Pier?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    That's not right.

Can't wait for my personal favorite, Night Shots!
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Lovely photos!
    Thanks, PS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    I was so happy to see you back and posting photos. We've missed you! I know what you mean about having time now that summer is here I've not posted much here lately either as I've been doing Photo Albums on Facebook. Faster and easier.

Love the photos of Celebrate. I think its a very colorful little ... whatever. Makes for good photos. I also love that panorama shot. Looking forward to future additions.
    Thanks Wendygirl. I always look forward to your updates, and I was quite jealous that you were able to go to WDW. I hope you'll get to do more, even though it is a bit easier to load them into Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Awesome photos... you know Chip here is like "damn look at me in this pic, my hips are soooo wide".
    Thanks, MD. I'm thinking the extra wide bottom makes Chip look a bit more cartoonish. Or is that Dale? I can't remember which is which.. I think Dale has two teeth...

Quote Originally Posted by WOKcreative View Post
    Great pic of ticked off Alice!
    Love the panorama - worth clicking on to enlarge
    Great shots, the way the lens compresses the whole street

Waiting for more!
    Thanks! I was rather pleased with how the lens was able to pick up the action on the other end of Main Street, though I was trying to keep a low profile. When that lens is extended, it's probably close to 18 inches, so I wasn't waving it around very much. When ever security happened to stroll by, my lens was down pretty quick. I know they relaxed the long lens rule lately, but I really didn't want to press my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

These Alice and Hatter face characters have a wonderlanderful chemistry together. I recognize them from other photos of them interacting with guests during non-parade times. They seem to be inseperable friends, and I believe that Alice jouned our MC board not too long ago.

Gepheto looks so totally cool. Those shoes look conspicuously high end. They must be Rockport or Nunn Bush.

Must have caught Mickey on a shy day as he seems to be hiding. I would be blushing too if I had a beautiful lady on each side of me. Two girls for every Mouwwwwwwwwwse! Just saying...

Your pictures are crisp and clear as a bell...the color vibrant. I would say that new 50 ton Sigma 150-500 was well worth lugging around the park.

HOW WOW is this inflatable display?!!! Everything's looking Up!
    Thanks RW! It was fun shooting that day, but not much fun hauling that thing around. By the time I got back to my car, my arm was ready to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Well its about time... JK!!!! We have indeed missed your eye for detail and color around here! Glad to see you've found some time to once again share your unique talent!
    So am I, Pengy. I think my last update was...um....in January? As for talent...mmm....still working on that part. I almost know what I'm doing at times, but I like to think I might be making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post

Very cool parade pics! I love Alice's expressions in these shots. Nice work!
    Thanks RDF. Some of the characters in this street show are so fun. This particular Alice is having such a great time. I was really impressed by the entire cast. Tons of energy, and really got the crowd going.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks, Travis!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    The 500mm Sigma shots have arrived!! Yes!!

That pano is fantastic to. Was there anything interesting below in shot? Could you see the Warf or the Pier? Can't wait for my personal favorite, Night Shots!
    Thanks, OP! From the Hilton, I couldn't get much at all of the Warf or pier as they seemed to be behind either trees or buildings. I would love to be up there for the fireworks. I'll send you a pm with the some more info regarding the lens, etc. Thanks for you helpful tips earlier.

More coming soon....
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-13-2009 at 04:58 PM.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Yay! Lovely pictures. It has been too long since your last photo update.

• Disneymom

I really love the pictures. I can't wait to see the Celebrate parade when we go on July 4th for my son's 18th birthday. You make me wish it was now instead of three weeks from now. Thanks for bringing alittle bit of Disneyland to my house.Via the computer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

This is one of the BEST days on MiceChat, as Mac Daddy is back with a photo thread!!! It has been far too long since your last update, but I certainly know how life gets busy. Besides, good things come to those that wait.

And you now have a 150-500 lens?!? Sweet! I can't believe you carried that around the park. But we're all appreciative of the eye-popping results.

Being a huge fan of Celebrate, I LOVE your photos of the Street Party! You picked a very nice shooting location too, giving your photos a wonderful perspective down Main Street. That lens is also versatile enough to get you some of those amazing close-ups. Wow. I'm very impressed!

And I'll be sure to check back on this thread often to see your other installments. Mac Daddy, you're absolutely brilliant!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast