Thread: Awesome Day

Awesome Day

No crowds, hardly any lines, no middle school kids, just screaming toddlers, although the one thing I HATE is when people smoke in non-smoking areas. There was a couple smoking in the middle of Main Street, of all places. They all tried to hide it; please, like we can't see that ugly white stick in your hand, let alone smell it, and I HATE smoke, it's just too disgusting! Please people, smoke in the designated smoke areas so that us non smokers won't be foreced to breathe it in and mess up our throats.

Some of the projections in Space Mountain were not on or not working. It was so cool, because at some points we rode into complete blackness. Literally could not see anything. I wouldn't mind if they left it that way! So fun and cool.

Only one side of Matterhorn was operating, but the line still flew by and was still great. Thunder Mountain was also great, got to sit in the back, the best seat on the train.

Our boat must've been heavy, because on Splash Mountain I got drenched. It felt soooo good. Also got pretty wet on Pirates of the Caribbean; almost never happens, maybe a few drops, but never wet like today.

Indiana Jones was awesome, however I wish they would tone down the bumpiness a little, especially during the part when you go under the bridge.

California Adventure has no crowds at all. With so many haters of California Adventure, it was nice to have so much elbow room and wide walkways.

No wait for Tower of Terror. It's funny how even the so-called tough kids that think they're cool and act like they're not afraid of anything, can jump. I was sitting next to such kids and on the first drop, obviously they're weren't expecting it, and he grabbed my leg, I guess missed the handle bar in his seat. I thought, "not so tough now." Anyway, Tower of Terror, it never gets old.

Soarin' Over California was great as ever. Got to ride it with my friend who has never been on it. He loved it. Whoever doesn't like that attraction, you're just weird.

They were testing California Screamin'. They kept stopping the trains on the first hill. I guess this is to test the brake system, I don't know. But it's progress the way I see it.

I wish on Mulholland Madness that the brake system wasn't so heavy.

On Maliboomer, my friend kept saying, "Hey therrrrre." from the safetly spiel. The Cast Member operating the tower said, "shhhh." My friend said sorry, but laughed at the same time. The Cast Member wasn't serious, but he told us, "For goodness sake, I hear that spiel all day long, quit torturing me." We laughed and didn't say it again. Funny. Also, sense we didn't feel like spending $3.00 on a churro, we just went to the Sourdough place and Mission Tortilla factory and got free samples of those. Yummy!

Re: Awesome Day

Words cannot describe how much I hate the "Hey therrrrre". Whoever did it must get their head beaten in, lol. WORSE THAN SMALL WORLD!

I hate the "hey therrre" so much I don't even ride the Maliboomer! Man I wish I was there today! Heck, I'd even take it on a crappy day, oh wait I have been there on a crappy day. Still beats work!
    What's that I hear about the PeopleMover coming back?

Blog Entries

Thanks for the report! I am going tomorrow and am hoping for a great day!

• Minion

Hi nurse melis!!! Nice to see you!! Wow...cool report, wish I were there!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident

Indiana Jones was awesome, however I wish they would tone down the bumpiness a little, especially during the part when you go under the bridge.
    Heh.. I like the bumpy.... I Accentuate the bumpyness by pressing my feet down hard, almost like I'm standing, and holding on with one hand while my other hand is held in the air like a bull rider.

More bumpy for me thank you very much.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the fun read...now I'm in the mood to go to DL....today!

BTW...I love it when you get soaked on POTC , especially since it's so unexpected!

• Dont make me unfriend you

No wait for Tower of Terror. It's funny how even the so-called tough kids that think they're cool and act like they're not afraid of anything, can jump. I was sitting next to such kids and on the first drop, obviously they're weren't expecting it, and he grabbed my leg, I guess missed the handle bar in his seat. I thought, "not so tough now." Anyway, Tower of Terror, it never gets old.
    LOL!

I'm going in about 3 weeks, hope the crowds stay like they are!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

There was a couple smoking in the middle of Main Street, of all places. They all tried to hide it; please, like we can't see that ugly white stick in your hand, let alone smell it, and I HATE smoke, it's just too disgusting! Please people, smoke in the designated smoke areas so that us non smokers won't be foreced to breathe it in and mess up our throats.
    I absolutely agree 100%, this my biggest DLR pet peeve. I often tell people myself if I see them smoking; I very politely let them know that there is a smoking policy and ask them to put it out. The worst violators are in crowded areas (like line queues) and near eating areas. I think many are ignorant of the smoking policy, so they are always very nice, however I also agree that some know that there is a policy and blatantly disregard it.

The last time I saw "Remember" fireworks at the end of the summer, we were waiting on a bench in the walkway on the hub in front of the castle. Well, you know how crowded it gets in there! I started getting big whiffs of nasty cigarette smoke so I looked around and found a guy on the benches directly across from us smoking. It was not very breezy and the smoke was just smelling up the whole area. We had just gotten some food as our dinner to enjoy while we were waiting, so I just had to say something (food and cigarettes! ). I tiptoed across all the people and asked him if he could put it out because there were so many people there. He quickly said yes, and in fact looked quite embarrassed. He even came over a little later and apologized and thanked me for telling him to put it out!

So, don't be afraid to ask; I find it much healthier than letting myself get annoyed and angry and saying nothing. If you're polite they are almost always very nice. Also, if you're just too shy to say anything don't be afraid to tell a DLR security CM. They are very good at explaining the smoking policy to guests!!
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

I am so jelous right now!! Darn I wish I could be there for the holiday over lay. Darn darn darn!!!
    Oh and I hate when the kids on tot always flip off when I am on the ride, all my pictures havesome smart arse flipping off and I do not buy it! that frys me!!
    Ok, so back to my being Jelous!! DARN ,DARN, DARN!! ( OK i SWORE ENOUGH NOW i AM OUT OF HERE!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yesterday was a great day, so hot, but there were sooooooo many little kids. It was crazy. But adorable.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    So, don't be afraid to ask; I find it much healthier than letting myself get annoyed and angry and saying nothing. If you're polite they are almost always very nice. Also, if you're just too shy to say anything don't be afraid to tell a DLR security CM. They are very good at explaining the smoking policy to guests!!
    People always seem to think that the area by Splash Mountain (the pathway that goes behind where the Sialing Ship Columbia sits, is a smoking area. I always tell them that this is not a smoking area. Sometimes they'll walk away, but as soon as I walk to where I can see the logs coming out, I look back and see the guy(s) still there.

What's worse is during the holiday season when they try to help with the traffic flow. When you try to get from Critter Country to New Orleans Square, the Cast Members force you to go the way where the smoking area is. I'm sorry, I'd rather not be forced to breathe in second hand smoke. So I always have to pull my shirt over my nose. When I walk along Big Thunder Trail, I always walk on the opposite side of the road. The smell literally makes me gag. Sorry if I offend anyone, but I just don't get how anyone could want to put that in their mouth.

• On Autopilot

Man! That sounds like the trip we had back in 2000! (although back then they didn't have DCA)

It's great that you got to experience all of that, but...

What's this "Hey Therrrre" That everybody's complaining about? (hasn't rode that many DCA rides)