Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Mini Trip report with a review of the Pixie Hollow Enhancements (with pics)

While it was crowded at DL yesterday, I was still able to see DL's Nightastic! offerings first-hand. I had a great time, and everything worked out perfect.

In this trip, I made two visits to Pixie Hollw after I learned that Tink and the other fairies were out until 8PM instead of 5PM due to the new enhancements made to the pond and the surrounding area. So I went there first the instant I came in DL, and back around 7 PM.

After waiting in line for Pixie Hollow the first time, the line was about 25-30 min long. When I got in, the frst one was Silvermist, and this one is no stranger to me, as she's often the first one I see every time I go in. So Silvermist is now on my most often seen fairy list as number one with Fawn trailing second.

Then it was on to Tinkerbell, who was the same one that I saw the last time I went.

After that it was on to my usual things, including Indy which at the end of the day, I rode 7 times and that brings up my ride record to 1,612. For lunch I went on over to the Little Red Wagon by the photo shop. I don't know why the corn dogs there are popular but it's netherless tasty and not expensive. I went to DCA to visit Blue Sky Cellar before it updates next month. I then killed time by going to the Animation Building and Muppets 3-D which were both fun.

Well I'm going buy lunch now and take a break, Part 2 and the review will be coming later on this evening, Stay Tuned

DISCLAIMER: No Dragons, Flying Elephants, NBA Teams, Pixies, Crocodiles, Creepy Eels, and Archaeologists were harmed in the making of this Trip Report.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Mini Trip report with a review of the Pixie Hollow Enhancements (with pics)

Cute pics of you with Tink and Silvermist!

Can't wait for part 2!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

what is different at Pixie Hollow for the Night time enhancements

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DznyFan17 View Post
    what is different at Pixie Hollow for the Night time enhancements
    Here's a video to show it.

Pixie Hollow Enchantment Video!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Cute pics.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Future Indy Castmember

Due to some minor schedule changes, Part 2 will be begin now:

After my time in DCA, I park-hopped back to Disneyland to ride Indy some more, and went through Sleeping Beauty's Castle's Walkthrough. It was now around the time that the 2nd Celebrate! Street Party was going on that I made my way to Pixie Hollow again to take another pair of pics with the fairies. Fortunatly the parade was still going on so the line this time was around 10-15 min at most. When I got in, It was Silvermist, but this one was the one that I met last year when I first entered Pixie Hollow, which was in my other trip report (which, embarrasingly, I didn't finish).

When she asked me what other adventures I've been to since the last time I saw her (8 months had past since the last time) I talked about encountering a Dragon on ROA (fortunatley I saw Bucky before Fan! went dark and before this encounter) and, like my story with IJA's Giant boulder scene she was shocked.

After the pic below, I moved on to Tink who taught me one of the sparrowman poses.

After the evening encounter with the pixies, I went on a few round trips aboard the DLRR in the other caboose, which is now my favorite one to go on. Around 8 I went back to Pixie Hollow to view the new light show added to the queue. So heres my review below:

Music: Very well done, executes well with the lighting effects.
    Lights: Also very well done! I was completly blown away by how the lights were executed, espically the ones in the pond.
    Overall: A very nice addition to Pixie Hollow. Opens the area up at night to allow better night photos. I give the enhancements 5 out of 5 stars!

This trip reports not over yet! In Part 3, I will give my review on Fantasmic! and Magical as well as some night shots.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Not So New Member

Cute pics. So Tink and her friends are out during light show?
    disney lady

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

great pictures!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post

Look out Indy a snake behind ur shoulder........I mean wonderful pic!

• Future Indy Castmember

Resonse to Disney Ladies question: Tink and her friends will stop doing meet and greets around 8PM. The area will remain open until park closing.

Part 3 and Conclusion:

Fast-fowarding to around 8:45 PM, I made my way to Main Street to view the all new fireworks show, Magical. While waiting for the show, one of my CM friends doing guest control, was entertaining these two little kids, who were tough to entertain, as the little boy suddenly picked up on most of his magic tricks. I was laughing the entire time. The fireworks show went on as scheduled and I was very impressed on how they used the spotlights. Some people who saw it on friday mentioned that Dumbo did not appear. Last Night he did appear and I was amazed on how Dumbo was flying. I liked the exit music which included the spotlights, making it even more impressive.
    I give Magical 5 out of 5 stars.

After braving very tough crowds, I finally made it to my Fantasmic! spot which is in the standing area. I was suprised that in a few minutes after I got my spot, the PA announced the viewing area full. I got lucky. When the show happened, I noticed the some sound effects or other speakers were not working. For example, during the Peter Pan scene, the audio of Peter, Hook and Wendy was only heard as the ship passed by. No doubt it's an Audio difficulty and should be resolved in no time.

I really love the new additions to Fantasmic!. Even though the Croc was smaller than the old one, this one is more realistic. I was laughing when the Croc nodded yes when asked if liked codfish. I like the how Flotsam and Jetsam make the Ursula scene even more creepy with their movements. Even though the dragon isn't debuting for some time, I know that it'll make the show even more impressive when it debuts later.
    Fantasmic! still gets 5 out of 5!

After Fantasmic! I made my way back to Pixie Hollow to see the light show again since it's even more darker. It's even more amazing when it's really dark. Below are some pics of Pixie Hollow at night.

Well, theres something with photobucket so part 3 will be concluded later on tonight.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I've meet all 3 of them before but my favorite Silvermist would be the first one I gave her a drawning of her the last time I was there she loved it alot. I have giving her the nickname of Princess Fairy. Here is the pic with the drawing.

Like you I also like Silvermist and Fawn but in the other order so Fawn is first and then Silvermist. I'm going to do this on the next time I go to DL. Going in the day to Pixie Hollow then again around 7:30 to 7:45 to get the night time efect [ms]. Anyway great pictures there.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Mr Jones with Tink! Impossible!

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Future Indy Castmember

Alright, now back to right were we left off.

More nighttime pics of Pixie Hollow

One more shot of Tinks home

And one more shot of Pixie Hollow

And I conclude this trip repot with 2 words: GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE END

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• surrealistic.

Awesome trip report! The Pixie Hollow Enchantment looks beautiful. And your Indy hat is spiffy.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wonderful shots!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast