Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• My arms are tired!

First Trip to DL in Decades - What must not be missed

I am planning a trip to Southern California in October and one place I absolutely want to visit is Disneyland. I have been cruising the boards here and I am amazed at the fact that I have been so out of it, so much of what I loved from DL in my childhood is a memory in Yesterland.

I am looking forward to the trip enormously, my question is, of the new attractions, what must I absolutely not miss.

When do they add the Halloween overlay on the Haunted Mansion? I would really like to see the HM without the holiday changes.

I'm just sorry that reading here that Tomorrowland is pretty much dead. I'm dating myself terribly, but I loved it when I was going to DL from 1965-70, it was my favorite place.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Snow

• Race Car Driver

Hi Snowflake.....
    I love splash mt. and thunder mt. and the haunted house....come to think of it, I love it all but small world, however I always go on that once when we are there as well...just check the disney site before you pick your dates and see whats going to be shut down before you go. I have been known to book my trip around those dates as well.... but dont count on those dates to be rock solid cause they can change them as well.... just make sure you have enough time on your trip to do everything in both parks once go even on the mali boomer thing too.. cause when you get home you dont wanna have any regrets about not going on something... thats why i go on IASW everytime even though I dont care for it.
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 08:12 PM.

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    If you want to see the original HM go before October or After mid-Jan. DO NOT miss...(new additions in aprox 20 years)
    Disneyland:
    It's a small World (It was redone a year ago)
    Matterhorn
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Jungle Cruise
    Enchanted Tiki Room (brand new in a few weeks!)
    Space Mt.
    Star Tours
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    Mickey's House
    Big Thunder Mt.
    Mark Twain or Sailing Ship Columbia
    Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
    Splash Mt.
    Fantasmic!

California Adventure:
    It's tough to be a Bug
    Grizzly River Run
    Soarin' Over CA
    Disney Animation Building
    California Screamin'
    Disney's Electrical Parade.

These are MUST SEE'S for anyone who has not been to DL in a long time.

If you want to miss many of the crouds go in September 2005. Everything will be open. (New Rides: Buzz, Space) You will get all of the 50th stuff too.

Or you can be like most of us and go around July 17th. That is the big day!
    Wow! Thanks! I will be in LA in August, but I won't have time, I'll be researching that trip. The trip I am planning in October is specific so I can go to DL. You think I should go in September, post Labor Day? I want to miss the major crowds if I can once school starts and go during the week rather than a weekend so I can savor as much as I can. Especially since it has been so long since I have been.

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 08:14 PM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Bring Cash And Lots Of It..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Bring Cash And Lots Of It..
    hahaha, truer words have never been spoken.

Honestly, though, I don't know how many decades it's been since your last visit, if you've come by since Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion opened, you haven't missed THAT much. Time moves in a much slower vacuum inside DL than it does at other parks. The biggest things to happen since that time would probably be Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Toontown in that order.

I'm not even including Tomorrowland v3.0 or DCA in there because those things have been failures instead of smashing sucess. Although you may want to hop over to DCA for part of one day for Soarin' and ToT.

• Greetings, Program!

I'm gonna offer some advice for your trip. It's an invitation to see something that isn't in the brochures, and something for which there is practically no wait. It's also something that will give you a reason to visit the often bashed Tomorrowland.

It's really a simple thing that happens every day, but something we almost never notice. At Disneyland though, even the most mundane things seem magical, memorable - especially with loved ones if they are coming with you.

Simply go to the Innoventions complex around 5:30 pm, ascend the stairs in the center of the place to the second floor, and find the exit doors. You should be facing something looking roughly like this.....

Not as thrilling as, say, Space Mountain, but still something breathtaking to simply stop and behold in Walt's kingdom.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Rawr...

try not to miss anything. Yea... do everything.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Senior Minion

Go on everything if you can at least once!!!! Idon't know when you plan to come back after that.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Beware that if you go in September, the Haunted Mansion will be closed in order to transform into Haunted Mansion Holiday, which is a quite a treat, I might add. I think October would be a fine time to go, obviously the only drawback would be the Mansion.

• Walt Disney Disciple

You didn't mention how long you'd be there. The other list was great, but as for "must sees" that depends on the length of your stay. That list was good for a three day stay.

One day:
    Indy
    Splash
    Space Mtn
    POC
    Mansion
    Peter Pan

two days (add to the previous list):
    Matterhorn
    TOT
    Soarin
    Big Thunder
    Jungle Cruise
    Star Tours
    Toon Town (incl. Roger Rabbit if the line isn't too long)
    Small World
    Mark Twain or Columbia if it's running
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    I'm gonna offer some advice for your trip. It's an invitation to see something that isn't in the brochures, and something for which there is practically no wait. It's also something that will give you a reason to visit the often bashed Tomorrowland.

It's really a simple thing that happens every day, but something we almost never notice. At Disneyland though, even the most mundane things seem magical, memorable - especially with loved ones if they are coming with you.

Simply go to the Innoventions complex around 5:30 pm, ascend the stairs in the center of the place to the second floor, and find the exit doors. You should be facing something looking roughly like this.....

Not as thrilling as, say, Space Mountain, but still something breathtaking to simply stop and behold in Walt's kingdom.
    Wow! Looks mighty appealing! I'll remember this for sure!

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Snowflake
    When you've tired of all the rides and need a food break, check out Billy Hill and the Hill Billies in adventureland. They have hamburgers and chicken and the band is very fun. Enjoy your trip!

• LoisAlene

Question Haunted Mansion Holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2Disneyland
    Beware that if you go in September, the Haunted Mansion will be closed in order to transform into Haunted Mansion Holiday, which is a quite a treat, I might add. I think October would be a fine time to go, obviously the only drawback would be the Mansion.

Is October 1st a hard date for the Mansion's decorations?

ooooooooooooooo Going back to visit Mickey for the first time in 5 years, Going home to Disneyland for the first time in 13!
    i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast