• Not So New Member

Question regarding parking

We went to Disney Resort last night around 5pm and what was up withthe parking? We got re-routed to around the whole park to some distant parking-Buzz Lightyear and than had to take buses? I almost went home. So waht is up. I have never had such a bad experience. It tokk an hour and half to get into the park and I live 10 minutes away.
    disney lady

• Banned User

Re: Question regarding parking

I also had to park in Buzz Lightyear yesterday, we were kind of intrigued because we'd never parked anywhere but Mickey and Friends. It was a Sunday that wasn't blocked for So Cal passes, so go figure as to why it was so crowded. The new structure will greatly alleviate these parking issues.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Due to Nightastic, it was crazy busy in the parks all weekend. You got rerouted because parking lots were full.

With Nightastic, Annual Pass payment plans, Free tickets on your birthday, and the 3fer ticket offer (3 visits for $99) the parks are likely to be packed all summer long.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Saturday my hubby said "let's go to DL tomorrow" and I said "uhhh...no. First weekend of the heavily advertised Nightastic! show, Celebration/free birthdays, warm weather, tourist season, non-blockout day. Let's not!" We took a drive down the coast instead :-)
    I'm just saying it was to be expected, really. I'm sorry it was a pain for you to get there. Let's all be happy the park is (theoretically) making money! Right? Right???

• Sock Puppet

Numerous threads have been started regarding the parking (or lack there-of) at the Resort since the first of the year.

Maybe trying the Search function might enlighten some folks to the situation...

We just spent a week at the Resort and never had an issue with parking.

But then again, we stayed at the DLH!

• Returning to DL 2/29

Here I got a map to show you where the parking is located Legend P is for Parking Red Triangle is Subject to Availability and Bus is that you will shuttled by bus and green Icon of a person is that you will have to walk to Disneyland
    Last edited by hurricanefreak; 06-15-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: ading a legend
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Numerous threads have been started regarding the parking (or lack there-of) at the Resort since the first of the year.

Maybe trying the Search function might enlighten some folks to the situation...

We just spent a week at the Resort and never had an issue with parking.

But then again, we stayed at the DLH!
    If you have a concern about the duplicate topic of a thread, please report the thread to a Moderator rather than creating a feeling of unwelcome-ness or hostility. Thank you for your help in keeping MiceChat fun and friendly.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Saturday my hubby said "let's go to DL tomorrow" and I said "uhhh...no. First weekend of the heavily advertised Nightastic! show, Celebration/free birthdays, warm weather, tourist season, non-blockout day. Let's not!" We took a drive down the coast instead :-)
    I'm just saying it was to be expected, really. I'm sorry it was a pain for you to get there. Let's all be happy the park is (theoretically) making money! Right? Right???
    It was not that busy yesterday. Even at noon Matterhorn was 25min, Big Thunder was 5min and Splash was 20min. Far from busy. Longest line I saw all day was Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania, both at 50.

MSEP was not crowded, either, at least not where I saw it next to Golden Dreams, which really surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by disney lady View Post
    I live 10 minutes away.
    In this case, why not take advantage of public transportation? Maybe walk? Ride a bicycle?

• Banned User

It takes 45 to 55 minutes each way by bus bor what is a 15 minute drive. I am avoiding the parking lots as the last couple of times I have to beg to park in the closer pinocchio lot and then end up walking a lot.

In May it was so bad that it took me a trip from Timon to Disneyland Drive then left Magic Way then right on on Walnut then onto Ball then back to Disneyland Drive. AT that point I was not aggressive enough to go left so I stayed stuck in the right lanes for 45 minutes while my ankle started hurting from inching forward. The far left lanes where about 10 minute wait time.

If I could take my scooter in my car then maybe I would try parking but lately the having to park outside the parking garage and Simba lot is too far so I will stay with the long bus ride than the stress of finding a parking spot.

• The Dudester

Parking is a mess these days. Buzz is far away, but just be glad you got a spot! That being said I always try to shoot for Pumbaa if it is available