Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Single rider lines?

Quote Originally Posted by MouselyGrateful View Post
    ^^^for CS @ DCA and Indy@ DL ...do you need to have single rider passes from a CM??
    Yes. You will not get very far without a pass for those two.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    For TSMM and Indy, it can take up to 15 or even 20 minutes to get on.
    For Midway Mania!: While everyone else is waiting 45-60 minutes, you're waiting 20. Sounds good to me.

Indy: Similar to above, but the Standby wait at, well... whatever obscene number it is, you still only wait 10-20 minutes to get on. Way better, if you ask me! However, one night, the Single Rider wait time was the same as the Standby. I can only guess this is because you do also have to wait behind any handicapped people that may be in front of you, and there may have been a lot at that moment.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 06-16-2009 at 07:10 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MouselyGrateful View Post
    ^^^for CS @ DCA and Indy@ DL ...do you need to have single rider passes from a CM??
    Screamin' you definitely do at the main entrance to the queue, then go up through the exit.

I believe Indy is the same as well: talk to the CM at the entrance and they give you the pass and tell you to enter through the exit.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• radiantly eccentric

^^^Great tip . Thank you. I will use this next week for My Celebration of the Solstice @ DL. have a Magikal Day!!
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• Zephyr Pilot

Single Rider lines aren't meant to be faster. They are meant to increase rider counts and fill in any available seat from being unused. However, it can't be at the expense of efficiency, which may be why popular attractions like Space Mountain can't have a SR line. They have quick cycle times there and there's no time to ask every odd-numbered group who is riding alone and would it be okay for that person to have someone ride with them.

Sometimes it can be a problem at TSMM as some groupers are quicker than others at managing the three different lines coming to them (stand-by, single riders, and the special assistance line), plus the new-this-year procedure to have wheelchair guests transfer and board at the regular station. ...That's if they are able to transfer fairly quickly but some guests aren't so quick. This is why sometimes you will see empty rows go by.

I think part of the fun with riding at TSMM is playing against/with your family or friends, so it seems the single riders miss out on that aspect. Single Riders may get lucky if the TSMM grouper can't find a group of two needed to fill a row. If needed, the grouper can have two single riders ride together to fill that row.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the Maliboomer Single Rider line was part of the original design and has been available since park opening in 2001.

(But note, on slow days, the special Single Rider Entrance is kept closed, similar to other DCA attractions).

As mentioned above, it is on the outer edge of the main queue, and brings you up to the main loading area, so they can place you in whichever of the (up to) 3 loading stations has an open space.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12