Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Disney announces multi-phase Disneyland Hotel renovation beginning in August

Wow those rooms are going to look very nice but will this increase the price to stay at the Disneyland Hotel? This room looks amazing, maybe even more than the ones in the Grand Californian, so you would think the price for a room would go up.

• Minion

Re: Disney announces multi-phase Disneyland Hotel renovation beginning in August

Love the interior!!
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• Laughing Place Finder

I doubt that these renovations will lead to a drastic price increase. The Disneyland Hotel fits right in the middle of their three class hotel structure. If they crank up prices they'd be too close to the Grand Californian rates for them to have a mid-range price option.

To me this looks like a periodic remodeling like all other hotels go through. Does anybody know how long it has been since the Disneyland Hotel rooms had a renovation? I know my first stay there was around June 2003 and they had the same decor they have now.

I'm guessing it's been ten years or more since the last remodel. Anybody know if that's the case? Anybody have room decor pics from the 90's, 80's, 70's or 60's?
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Senior Minion

^ Darth if you haven't already, be sure to check out Don Ballard's Disneyland Hotel blog... and his book, Disneyland Hotel: The Early Years 1954-1988.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Fantastaic! I, for one, won't miss the tiny "balconies" or the sliding glass doors. I think the sound-proofing is a welcome addition because DTD can get rather loud! Awesome! I'm looking forward to a night or two after the redo.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Fantastaic! I, for one, won't miss the tiny "balconies" or the sliding glass doors. I think the sound-proofing is a welcome addition because DTD can get rather loud!
    Agreed! We stayed in a DTD view room at the Grand Californian and it was way too loud.

• Banned User

i agree, it was also great to open the doors to watch and hear the fireworks firsthand. BUT the upgrades sound like they'll far outweigh that detail.

• Fantasmic!

There's Hidden Mickeys in the carpet pattern and bed covers pattern!

• Banned User

Just an FYI, I believe they redecorated the rooms around the time they paved over the Marina and added the new pool... so, 1999-2000 I think. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I doubt that these renovations will lead to a drastic price increase. The Disneyland Hotel fits right in the middle of their three class hotel structure. If they crank up prices they'd be too close to the Grand Californian rates for them to have a mid-range price option.

To me this looks like a periodic remodeling like all other hotels go through. Does anybody know how long it has been since the Disneyland Hotel rooms had a renovation? I know my first stay there was around June 2003 and they had the same decor they have now.

I'm guessing it's been ten years or more since the last remodel. Anybody know if that's the case? Anybody have room decor pics from the 90's, 80's, 70's or 60's?
    I have many pictures on my blog The Original Disneyland Hotel
    and my website. I will be updating the blog later today and also have some additions to the website.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456