• We Go On.

Pacific Wharf attraction

Yesterday, as I was avoiding the crowds, eating my Santa Rosa Corn Chowder in a bread bowl in Pacific Wharf, I was thinking the area could be expanded. Not expanded in the literal sense, but making it a more distinguished area. And an attraction could help. What I wouldn't want to see is crowds spilling onto the walkways (as we see in WDW's Pixar Place), but maybe build another courtyard for a new attraction. Attractions I can envision are a water ride and an aquarium as well as a table service restaurant (something the resort needs). First of all, I need to know which one, if any, would work, or other ideas that could work. Then, if you were in a boat going around San Francisco Bay or Monterey Bay, what would you see? Or, if you were in an aquarium, why would you- and what- be there? This is just for fun, to see what we come up with.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Pacific Wharf attraction

A wharf would be cool environment for a Pirates type boat attraction. What story could fit... not sure. History of fishing? lol

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Pacific Wharf attraction

You know, I have thought about this quite a lot. My envision is an aquarium.

Basically what would make it unique is the fact that the aquarium would be built in some sort of warehouse setting. So imagine huge metal drums, and barrels, and pipelines from the ceiling, all containing sea life. I also think that tough pools and some larger animal exhibits could be built in the side lagoon area kind of under the wharf. This could take up the top stories of the tortilla and bread factories.

My story for the whole thing is that a wildlife enthusiast bought the buildings. And due to the coastal location built an aquarium. Then, feeling guilt that he took the fish and animals, he opened up the aquarium to share it with the world.

It's still a work in progress, but I was appropriate for this thread. Hopefully soon I will make a full thread on this idea.

• radiantly eccentric

I really love the place as it is. Nice and peaceful.... perchance to dream
    without Love in a dream, it will never come true...

• Banned User

Add a walk through attraction. A guided tour like Cinderella's Mystery Castle Tour, where you meet an old fishermen/fisherwomen, and explore and abadoned cannery. In the final scene, you are in the cannery where parts of the floor have fallen into the ocean below, and you are attacked by a Giant squid that cause the machinery to fall with fire in the water and many other effects.

• All-American

I've thought about this too!

Here's my idea: Chinatown.

Chinatown is a very distinguished part of San Francisco, and the Chinese people had a huge part in the history of California. Bringing a Chinatown to DCA would highlight the importance of immigrants in Californian history, and would also bring something else DCA desperately needs: a land that is exotic and richly themed (like NOS), but thematically relevant.

The waterfront area of the wharf would be sort of kept, but the new focus would be on a new, winding street. The architecture would be San Francsico Victorian, but with Chinese ornamentations and buildings. The street would be decorated as if the town were celebrating Chinese New Year soon, with plenty of banners and Chinese lanterns suspended between the buildings, and maybe even a lion dance parading down the street periodically.

Some concept pictures:
    An entryway
    Architectural and signage samples
    Street scene
    Street decorations

The area could play host to the legendary Chinese restaurant featuring an AA Confucious spouting his wisdom, an idea which Walt abandoned in favor of the Tiki Room. This would bring a nice restaurant to DCA, and an Asian restaurant to the DLR to replace Yamabuki.

Some new attractions could be a rich, huge-scaled boat ride through Chinese history in the style of POTC. It might begin in the home of an Chinese immigrant family in San Francisco, with an elderly man explaining the story of his homeland, as the ride takes guests back in time from the Qin dynasty up to the time when Chinese people began immigrating to California, ending in the outdoors of Chinatown. This would be educational but cool and relevant, and could be a ride any age could enjoy.

Another attraction idea might be that "Industrial Revolution" coaster, an dark indoor coaster through a factory on the thrill level of BTMRR (not as intense as Screamin), but with fire and mechanical effects.

Sorry about the long post... I've had this idea for a while now.
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 06-16-2009 at 06:20 PM.

• "I Break Things"

Fishermen are an extremely superstitious bunch. I can see a haunted cannery concept. But to be honest I would go with Chinatown. More to the point I would go with the haunted Laod Bahng Fireworks Factory... that would be fun.

My only issue with Chinatown is that Disney would inevitably try to shoehorn Mulan in. Mushu would be an easy fit (he's an immortal dragon) but Mulan would be from another country and 1000 years removed (not that it would stop Disney at all).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I wouldn't mind a Mulan & Mushu walkaround character if they HAD to but a Chinatown idea isn't a bad idea. It actually can go further back to when Walt wanted to add a little Chinese area behind Main Street.

Ideas never die it seems.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• steven.

wow a lot these ideas seem simple + would be really nice.

i really wish they could add more to this area aside from just food services, hahaha.

+ hopefully it would be an attraction that is not fueled by characters, which i think california adventure needs more of.
    i've got no strings.