Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Storyteller

Re: Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey1969 View Post
    I adore that and I should make that my signature. Do you mind?

Go right ahead.

• Disney Boi

She is the The BIG thing right now i love her i had a chance to meet her at my works shareholders meeting in arkansa 2 weeks ago she is a really down to erth kind of girl she is the monkey maker boom boom powwwwww
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

• Shifting cargo

I didn't know that she manufactured monkeys

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

walt would turn in his grave if he knew they were using her song

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'm not really a fan of Miley, and would prefer to not see her and Disneyland out together, but she is a part of the Disney company and therefore I think it's understandable that she'd be a part of advertising for the parks. I may not be thrilled about it, but I don't really have a problem with it...it's not like she's doing something lewd.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm not sure if this thread is to talk about the merit of that commercial or just a bash Miley Cyrus thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    We can all point fingers at things that happened more than a year ago regarding any celeb. I don't see your point in bringing that up as she already apologized and hasn't done anything scandalous since.
    Im sorry but I don't understand why this is a problem,
    Disney the park Co wants people to visit their parks and Cyrus who Records for Disney Records (and is RIDICULOUSLY popular with young girls BTW)

By Using an in house personality they don't have to pay for royalties on her music and the catchy tune gets the attention of the TV viewer who might not otherwise be interested.

as for her "scandalous" photo shoot I don't understand what the big deal was at all. YES I KNOW that she was 14 at the time but the sheet she was covered with wasn't any more revealing than the skin tight t-shirts that the girl wears on TV every week or a Sleeve-less evening gown she has worn at a Awards presentation.

Sorry if Im rambling but IMO their is nothing wrong with Disney using Myley's music

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm not sure if this thread is to talk about the merit of that commercial or just a bash Miley Cyrus thread.

So far, it really seems like a Miley bashing thread.

As for wanting to cry after the commercial.....

Not a huge fan of her singing, but the commercial doesn't bother me at all. Not feeling the outrage here. And it's really not so much about her having the "right" to use her music in the commercial. I'm pretty sure Disney asked HER to do it, knowing that her music along with her film is still pulling in huge amounts of cash, and that they wouldn't have to fork out big royalties by bringing someone in from outside.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-17-2009 at 10:16 PM.

• Lackey

Her show makes more for Disney than about anything else going. Of course they are going to use her as much as they can. The song is geared more toward older than the 5-12 crowd - the party atmosphere that they are all about right now. The "scandals"... are blown up to be much more than anything that actually happened - perpetuated mostly by people like most of those posting here.
    If you have a problem with her, you have a problem with the Disney marketing machine, and the way it has always worked.
    Get over yourself and turn it off if you don't want to see or hear what they are selling.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Minion

It makes me so mad! I can't believe that! They should have used Britney Spears If U Seek Amy!
    Jeff Wayne

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    It makes me so mad! I can't believe that! They should have used Britney Spears If U Seek Amy!
    Hey, anythings better than Miley.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

• we jumped out a window

You know, if I had been able to get a team together for the recent Gumball Rally, it was going to be called "Miley Virus".

That being said, it's just a song for a 30 second commercial and not something to be too upset over. Would you prefer that they used the Jonas Brothers who not coincidentally released a new album very recently?

(Now I need to remember what I said about not being too bothered the next time I'm at Six Flags and hear Hannah Montana songs on their music loops)

a subtle jab and yet a barely passable attempt to defend the ad - we bring you the best of both worlds.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with this?
    Nothing that gouging out my eyes with veggie peelers and pouring hot candle wax in my ears can't fix.

Seriously, though, just the other day I was going through my huge collection of Disneyland memorabilia and complaining, "Not one photo, CD or DVD of Miley Cyrus? What kind of crapola Disneyland collection is this?!"

Just joking, folks. Really, nothing says "The Magic of Disneyland" to me like a magical Miley Cyrus song. Unless it's accidentally sticking my head in the kitchen sink garbage disposal when the switch is on.

Okay, all clowning aside... hearing Miley Cyrus on a Disneyland commercial makes me want to run down to the Park, stuff myself with All You Can Eat ribs at Big Thunder BBQ, dash onto the Teacups and spin my guts into oblivion.

But seriously...

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-17-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jfsebastian View Post
    Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! YES!!!! You hit the nail on the head. I have said that in my mind over and over again for the past few years. Why is Disney ruining themselves like this? Hannah Montana has nothing to do with Disney! Disney is slowly destroying itself with this new poster child. Where's Mickey? Shouldn't they be playing "If You Wish Upon A Star" as the park's main theme? It seems that Disney is moving to live-action cheezy comedies and is swaying further and further away from traditional animation that made the company. My father says "Dance with who brought you to the dance." It seems that Disney is starting to forget its roots. It was raised on beautiful animation, and now is creating crappy "Disney Channel original series" that are aimed at 10 year old girls that don't know any better. Now, Disney hasn't gone completely off track, but it has in some departments. Disney Channel is a lost cause. Why not get rid of the Disney logo and just call it something else? It has NOTHING to do with Disney anymore. If this is what takes over Disney, I'm hanging up my mouse ears (metaphorically) and calling it quits for Disney.

Words of a man who hates Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and everything else that I believe is destroying the company. Of course, it is mostly the fault of the Disney big-shots that actually air the stuff. No offense to anyone that likes anything I just bashed.... it's just my strong opinion.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderplayer45 View Post
    Words of a man who hates Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and everything else that I believe is destroying the company. Of course, it is mostly the fault of the Disney big-shots that actually air the stuff. No offense to anyone that likes anything I just bashed.... it's just my strong opinion.
    ...and a dang-darn good one!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast