Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• we jumped out a window

Re: Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Come on, Fenderplayer, don't tell me you haven't tried to play the Best of Both Worlds opening riff? Such an incredible piece of work and what a phenomenal level of compression they used on it!

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    ...and a dang-darn good one!
    Thank you! I knew that I would have some followers out there!
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Come on, Fenderplayer, don't tell me you haven't tried to play the Best of Both Worlds opening riff? Such an incredible piece of work and what a phenomenal level of compression they used on it!
    Nope, it never crossed my mind. I should probably go with a different name too.... I'm not a very dedicated player.

Can't say I like her, and it's certainly not what I would have chosen, but I can't rightly say that I have a problem with it. She's a "Disney star", and popular.

I was watching TV a couple of weeks ago, and I was so excited to see a Disneyland commercial come on. Then I heard the music for the commercial come on... it was a Miley Cyrus song. It was so furious I turned it on mute and almost started crying and I wanted so badly to take a bat to my TV.
    Gosh, if a whole 30 seconds of Miley music makes you wanna cry, you should probably not visit Disneyland between the hours of 3:30 and 7. I'd hate to see what you'd attempt to do to the Celebrate! performers. Yikes.

I actually do not mind it at all. Not my cup of tea, but she is a part of Disney.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

No, I don't have a problem with it because I don't care enough. To me, it's just a commercial that will be off the air anyways soon. I just deal for the 30 seconds it's on my TV or change the channel.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    With apologies to the thread for being off-topic, I've seen road kill lizards on desert roads with less compression than that mix.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

i dont see a big deal in it. i just get excited to see the disneyland commercials and dont care too much who sings what. shes a little annoying but doesnt make disney look bad in my eyes!

and they lived happily ever after

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

hate the song they chose

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Gosh, if a whole 30 seconds of Miley music makes you wanna cry, you should probably not visit Disneyland between the hours of 3:30 and 7. I'd hate to see what you'd attempt to do to the Celebrate! performers. Yikes.
    Ha! Miley looks/sounds like the Beatles next to the Celebrate! performers.

For those who are still truly bothered by the ad, try doing the Jack in the box Mini Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich dance a few times and you'll be okay.

• Disneyland Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Are you saying that they play Miley music in Disneyland, or are you saying that the Celebrate! performers are just really bad? I hope that is the latter, because if it is the former, I would be REALLY depressed.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

"Pumpin' Up The Party" is a Miley Cyrus song that they used in Celebrate A Street Party, but she doesn't sing it in CASP (this version, IMO, sounds A LOT better than hers!)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Nothing that gouging out my eyes with veggie peelers and pouring hot candle wax in my ears can't fix.

Seriously, though, just the other day I was going through my huge collection of Disneyland memorabilia and complaining, "Not one photo, CD or DVD of Miley Cyrus? What kind of crapola Disneyland collection is this?!"

Just joking, folks. Really, nothing says "The Magic of Disneyland" to me like a magical Miley Cyrus song. Unless it's accidentally sticking my head in the kitchen sink garbage disposal when the switch is on.

Okay, all clowning aside... hearing Miley Cyrus on a Disneyland commercial makes me want to run down to the Park, stuff myself with All You Can Eat ribs at Big Thunder BBQ, dash onto the Teacups and spin my guts into oblivion.

But seriously...

There are two types of people in the world. Ones that like Miley Cyrus and those that will never admit they have all her CDs.

• Following the Second Star

I think it's fine. The song fits, so let them use it. Also, the people that are going to want to go to Disneyland would be the 6-15 year olds that like Miley Cyrus. Disney knows what they're doing people.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast