Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best deals

• Disneyaholic

Best deals

I like a bargain. But I like to get as much as I can for my money. My family and I are going to Dland on Tuesday. Of course we have to eat in the park. What are some suggestions for eating. Dinner always has to be the Plaza Inn. Any others.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Best deals

The Bengal BBQ serves up a good value.

The Carnation Cafe is a great sit-down restaurant too!

And don't forget about the Tomorrowland Terrace SANDWICH counter (not the tasteless, greasy burger side)...

• Banned User

Plaza In has for $21 a steak dinner big enough for two people and lots of cheaper meals.

Taste Pilot Grill is by far a great deal with all the topping you want for $10 and yes you can for 70 cents more get onion rings.

• Dinka Flinka

Don't really know any good meal deals inside the park, but... You said you have to eat in the park, but if you'd really like to save some money/get away from the possible crowds for a bit, there's that McDonalds right outside the park on Harbor. Maybe only take 30 mins or so out of your time from rides and what not, but yeah...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Pizza Port... the pasta is delicious and big enough to share!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Truth be told, there are not a lot of bargains (a relative term) to be had, but the Plaza Inn still serves a portion of their Specialty Chicken dish that'll feed two people (well, it's twice as much as I need to eat, and I'm not tiny). It's also really good fried chicken, in my opinion.

If you like BBQ ribs (especially thoroughly-cooked ones ), the X-5 Rocket Ribs over at Taste Pilots' Grill are a decent deal for what you get at a theme park, as well as many of their other items. You could "improvise" your own salads and split it for two.
    Last edited by Robert Cook; 06-20-2009 at 03:59 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Corn dogs might be a good option too: big and delicious!

Also, does DL have the same option as WDW where you can specifically request no side (fries, chips, etc.)? I know at WDW that is an option and they prorate the price of the meal accordingly. If you don't need the side it might be another option.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Here's my 2 cents

corn dogs and chips, 6 bucks. I take bottled water with me into the Park so I don't get burned on the high priced water or sodas
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    corn dogs and chips, 6 bucks.
    I agree about the large corn dogs, and apple slices where available as an alternative can be refreshing, and certainly won't make you thirsty like chips can.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    I take bottled water with me into the Park so I don't get burned on the high priced water or sodas
    So do I, usually, but there appears to be no shortage of folks who contribute to Disney's bottom line by buying drinks at the parks. That's good because it helps keep admission prices lower for me.

Also, you could make a meal out of the chili cheese fries at Taste Pilots' Grill (less than $6) or the Golden Horseshoe (less than $5)--they're more like relatively inexpensive meals than snacks, anyway. And although it's a bit pricy like all drinks at the park (except for Anaheim tap water), the Golden Horseshoe's root beer/cola float is like a drink and a dessert all in one! Mmmm...chili cheese fries and root beer float...I get chest pains and palpitations just thinking about it--be sure to eat healthy food at home for a while to help recover from all of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Pizza Port... the pasta is delicious and big enough to share!
    Ditto, one pasta + one salad = enough food for at least 3.

• Ravenclaw

at Plaza Inn you can get a side of the fried chicken for only 2.50 before tax. A biscuit lands you another 60 cents more.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• =)

Bringing in outside food is a good way to cut costs.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Disneyland has expensive food so plan accordingly
    Toontown pizza is around 7-8 dollars and ususally it is a goo time to go late in the afternoon (no lines)
    Bengal Barbecue is awesome but small but good small around 4 dollars
    If you are the walking person you can try any of the various restaurants across the street from Disneyland on Harbor Blvrd. Mc Donald's and Ihop are straight across
    Also check Downtown Disney
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

Quote Originally Posted by sdmom View Post
    Ditto, one pasta + one salad = enough food for at least 3.
    I guess they've kept the portion sizes up, then? I had heard about them substantially reducing portion sizes at the Pizza Port, but maybe I heard wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    at Plaza Inn you can get a side of the fried chicken for only 2.50 before tax.
    That's not bad for theme park food if you really like their chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Bringing in outside food is a good way to cut costs.
    Well, of course, and I've done that, too. Currently, the "rule" against bringing in food and beverages is rather soft. One time I saw this large party with maybe 15 people in it who took huge Tupperware-type containers out of several backpacks and fed the whole bunch easily. I'm just mentioning this because it was the biggest, best organized such operation I have witnessed at Disneyland (the food looked pretty good, too). They looked like they were all from the same family--imagine how much it would have cost for them to have bought lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    Disneyland has expensive food so plan accordingly
    It's overpriced in the same way that all food at theme/amusement parks and other recreational areas (e.g. zoos, movie theaters) are. They'll charge whatever the market will bear, which by appearances (i.e. crowded tables during mealtimes) seems like quite a lot--so much for the recession. I don't think that Disney charges more than other parks do, though. I know that drinks at Knott's Berry Farm are actually more expensive (if you can believe that!) and there are fewer drinking fountains there, too.

Speaking of which, some drinking fountains are better than others in terms of water taste (and I assume quality). I like the fountains near the exit of Star Tours (inside the building) best.

Toontown pizza is around 7-8 dollars and ususally it is a goo time to go late in the afternoon (no lines)
    If there is decent pizza anywhere within the DLR, I have yet to find it. Then again, I haven't looked for years.

Bengal Barbecue is awesome but small but good small around 4 dollars
    You could bring some rice and make a meal out of a skewer.

Also check Downtown Disney
    Remember that an AP gets you a 10% discount even at some non-Disney locations within Downtown Disney.

• "I Break Things"

Believe it or not I would HIGHLY recommend heading over to Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian. It isn't inside the park, but it is relaxing, air conditioned, and the majority of the menu is much better quality then in the parks.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast