Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AP Entrance?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question AP Entrance?

So anyone but me think that APers should have a Entrance or two that only AP holders can go through?
    I mean I sent 400 dollars for a pass and it sucks having to wait behind people sometimes that have strollers or something elese that holds up the entrance line.
    If there was an AP entrance, it would be a quick entrance and give people another reason to get an AP.
    What do you think?

• Banned User

Re: AP Entrance?

Excellent idea.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

No. Too much confusion for the tourists. It's complicated enough having Magical Morning entrances.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Yeah except that the majority of people in the Parks are AP holders so it probably wouldn't make a difference
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• "I Break Things"

I believe this was tried before and the chaotic result made Disney revert back to the "anyone through any turnstyle" approach. Even with proper signage it didn't work.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• no flash photography...

They tried it once...it's gone now...must not have worked well.

• Sock Puppet

They tried that idea some time ago but it failed.

Too many ignorant guests that wouldn't/couldn't read the sings that were CLEARLY posted above each entry turnstyle. The result was them being turned away and thrown back into the lines that they were SUPPOSE to be in in the first place, but only after they tied up the AP'er line.

Complaints from both groups ended up with frustrated guests all around.

And then there were the folks that complained about AP'er "entitlement"... (which is a whole other conversation)

Hey, we liked the idea. Too bad others had to mess it up...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Yeah except that the majority of people in the Parks are AP holders so it probably wouldn't make a difference

Yeah, with the creation of the payment plan AP's, I would agree.

Way too many to get any benefit out of it nowadays...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Seems to me that when we had it before the AP lines were often longer than the regular lines.
    Mike

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    So anyone but me think that APers should have a Entrance or two that only AP holders can go through?
    I mean I sent 400 dollars for a pass and it sucks having to wait behind people sometimes that have strollers or something elese that holds up the entrance line.
    If there was an AP entrance, it would be a quick entrance and give people another reason to get an AP.
    What do you think?
    Or another way to look at it is: A single day guest paid maybe $94 to enter that day and you only paid a little over a dollar to enter that day (389 divided by 365 = 1.07)

Now who's more entitled?

But seriously, as many others have pointed out, KISS (keep it simple stupid) applies here. If you start making complex entry procedures, those unfamiliar with them, unable to read signs, or just hard of thinking will make incorrect assumptions.

It would also be 'best' if they could have one line going to multiple entries, but that would never work.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

One comment, I have seen PLENTY of Guests with Strollers enter the park using AP's at the Turnstiles.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    One comment, I have seen PLENTY of Guests with Strollers enter the park using AP's at the Turnstiles.
    Oh my! Everyone knows that APs are impossible to deal with, and that strollers are the scourge of the Park. But now you're saying that the two are combining into some kind of uber-beast?

Run for the hills! Lock up your daughters! Buy bottled water!!

Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    What do you think?
    What about APers with strollers? Some of us even have *cue evil music* double strollers. Dun, dun, dun....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

No. You can wait a few minutes to enter the park. It's not a big deal.

It's also a privilege to have an AP, not some medal that you parade around in the parks. It's nice to have some benefits, but that's on Disney's terms.

And besides strollers, what about when you take friends or family to the parks and they don't have APs? Would APs suddenly not be allowed to enter through the other turnstiles? Then you'd be separated from the rest of your party.

And truthfully, you would be surprised how big the AP population is. I can only imagine that the AP line would get longer than the regular ones.

And the people who pay for one day into the park(s) deserve to get in there just as quickly as you do.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    No. You can wait a few minutes to enter the park. It's not a big deal.

It's also a privilege to have an AP, not some medal that you parade around in the parks. It's nice to have some benefits, but that's on Disney's terms.

And besides strollers, what about when you take friends or family to the parks and they don't have APs? Would APs suddenly not be allowed to enter through the other turnstiles? Then you'd be separated from the rest of your party.

And truthfully, you would be surprised how big the AP population is. I can only imagine that the AP line would get longer than the regular ones.

And the people who pay for one day into the park(s) deserve to get in there just as quickly as you do.
    but but but what about the AP heliport, and the AP express monorail train... we need these perks in order to survive...

In honesty even when I had an AP I went out of my way not to show it. It's not that I wasn't thrilled to be one, I just didn't see a need to show it off. Often I found I could get a lot more done if I didn't pull out an AP and show it off. About the only time it comes out of my wallet is for a discount, parking, or park admission. The only time it comes up is if CM's ask if I've been here before. As far as I am concerned I am just another park Guest who is fortunate enough to live near the park and enjoy it more often.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast