Paradise Pier Hotel Retheme

I was thinking up ideas of how to retheme the paradise pier hotel to match the new victorian paradise pier. When the pier is finally rethemed the hotel will be a complete eyesore. With what im proposing, the hotel would be demolished. I know this will most likely never happen but whatever haha. The hotel would be rebuilt in the styling of the rest of the victorian pier. It could resemble the brighton beach hotel or something resembling the del coronado. I think it would fit nicely and it would look beautiful from the pier.

http://history.amusement-parks.com/C...graphy/pc3.jpg

• =)

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel Retheme

If only!

• Banned User

A Hotel del Coronado inspired hotel like the Grand Floridian over in Florida would be a perfect match. I mean, Hotel del is in California, it's right on the beach, so why not?

http://www.visitingdc.com/images/hot...do-address.jpg

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

I like this idea. However, in person, I have never really noticed PPH too much while inside the park. Maybe it's because I'm easily distracted by what's in front me, but I've never been too distracted by it. It is much more obvious to me in pics than it is in-person.

Either way, it'd be nice if this was done ... but I can't picture them touching such a project until the DLH renovation is complete ... too many hotel rooms down en masse es no bueno.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I think the Disneyland Hotel needs to be re-built....It's to old!
    Last edited by Eagleman; 07-22-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: wording

• Senior Minion

I would like to see this done too, but since it's not a very practical to demo a building that's still long from the end of its useful lifetime. Since that's the case I think a good solution might be to renovate it in simmilar fashion to the DLH with either a Art Deco or Beaux Arts style because the basic geometry and massing of the building could pretty easily take on these styles and they'd both blend in stylistically and be historically accurate to the locale PP is becoming.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• soul reflector.

A Hotel del Coronado renovation would be amazing! I suppose I am partial as a lifelong San Diegan who is not terribly far from that big blue bridge.. However I'm pretty certain they wouldn't demo the whole thing. A renovation like that would be awesome though!

I just stayed at Hotel del Coronado this summer! Such a nice place to stay and Coronado itself is beautiful. Anyway I would love for this to be the style of the PP hotel. Although my overall resort ideas are slightly different ...

• HauntedOne999

I say just demolish the hotel and use the land for more expansion of the park
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Nutty about Disney parks

I wonder why Disney hasn't addressed anything regarding the hotel given that the whole Paradise Pier that it's named after is currently being rethemed.

I wish they would just take the building down and rebuild it too, but someone in a thread I posted said that it will unlikely happen cause the building is still in good condition and would probably be cheaper for Disney to keep up instead of rebuild from scratch.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I'll bet they'll take care of this after they're done with the DLH rennovation. I think they tackle one hotel at a time. First the DVC's at the GCh, then rennovating the DLH, and then doing some to the PPH. I would really love if they added balconies to the hotel. that way you could stand out and look over to Paradise Pier.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    I say just demolish the hotel and use the land for more expansion of the park
    With the overhaul of the DL hotel in the works, I would love it if they took it to the next level and doubled capacity in order to make up for the PP Hotel being demolished.

• Future Imagineer! =D

It would be gorgeous as Hotel del Coronado or even that pic in the link you posted! The only problem I see is that the Hotel del Coronado is pretty close. I don't think Disney will be rebuilding the hotel any time soon, but it we can dream on and continue to imagine, right?
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!