Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Im the fun mommy :)

50 Magical Years made me cry like a baby!

after watching these video's, I finally got what you die hard disney fans are talking about. The park over the years was amazing!! I saw things in tomorrowland that blew my mind, all over the park, the dancers, the rides, the covered wagon and horses, mermaids. OMG I saw the park as it was back in the day and I would have killed to go back in time to see this and see what came and gone. some of those things were so cool, and the live acts from actresses and singers . wow!!!!!!!!!! I never knew any of this existed, I cried thru these films !!!
    what has come and gone , and those who have seen it and those of us that never will. I was shocked and amazed at what there was and I will never see. I know now how you all who were there for it all must feel seeing such amazing things go,.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlp2Mz6cMQ4&annotation_id=annotation_73670 5&feature=iv"]YouTube - 50 MAGICAL YEARS @ DISNEYLAND (1/2)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HQp5C3pvg&feature=related]YouTube - 50 MAGICAL YEARS @ DISNEYLAND (2/2)[/ame]
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• or CBF

re: 50 Magical Years made me cry like a baby!

I agree.

I would love to be able to go back in time and see the early years of Disneyland. I would have loved to have seen Rocket/Flight to the Moon or Mission to Mars, etc.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Banned User

I've been going to DL since 1967 and feel very fortunate to have seen so many things that have come and gone. Mostly, the things that are gone, I wish had stayed!

• Returning to DL 2/29

I was there for the last public show I got so emotional
    Last edited by hurricanefreak; 06-22-2009 at 02:30 AM. Reason: I was rushing and did not notice this ERROR thanks Monstersgoboo MAN I RUSH TOO MUCH WOOPS!!(SPELLING CHEK ON FIREFOX FAILS)
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Disney Podcaster

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    I was there for the last pubic show I got so emotional
    I was there that day too. The video of Rainbow Ridge, New Tomorrowland, seeing the live acts like Kids in the Kingdom (and something called Humdinger that my wife and I always laughed at) always made me wish I could have grown up in SoCal in that era.

I didn't see the last show, but I remember the Mr. Lincoln poster went up the very next day.

And the beat goes on....
    Looking for a great podcast about Walt Disney World and Disneyland; Check out our latest episode of WEDway Radio at http://www.wedwayradio.com

Follow WEDway Radio on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    after watching these video's, I finally got what you die hard disney fans are talking about. The park over the years was amazing!! I saw things in tomorrowland that blew my mind, all over the park, the dancers, the rides, the covered wagon and horses, mermaids. OMG I saw the park as it was back in the day and I would have killed to go back in time to see this and see what came and gone. some of those things were so cool, and the live acts from actresses and singers . wow!!!!!!!!!! I never knew any of this existed, I cried thru these films !!!
    what has come and gone , and those who have seen it and those of us that never will. I was shocked and amazed at what there was and I will never see. I know now how you all who were there for it all must feel seeing such amazing things go,.

YouTube - 50 MAGICAL YEARS @ DISNEYLAND (1/2)

YouTube - 50 MAGICAL YEARS @ DISNEYLAND (2/2)
    Thanks Mommyto4 for a great post!!

From having been there in the day as a kid, teen and young adult, I think that in hindsight the most mindboggling thing about DL's "Golden Age" was how WED kept topping themselves with amazing showmanship and astonishing uses of technology. No matter how diehard a DL fan you were, no matter how knowledgeable, every few years there was something new that made you go Wow! The Matterhorn, Monorail and Submarines were the hottest ticket in town -- but turned out to be just a warmup for the Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln and Small World.

By the mid-60's the attitude of we geeks wasn't if Disneyland's next attraction would make our jaws drop open, only how wide. Even after losing Walt, WED kept stepping up to the plate and batting 'em out of the park: Tomorrowland '67, New Orleans Square, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Bear County, Big Thunder. And that's just the E-Ticket stuff -- there was a more or less constant stream of smaller goodies in food (Tahitian Terrace, Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Hungry Bear); merchandise (One of a Kind and the other NOS shops); entertainment (MSEP, anyone?) and a sprinkling of small, fun attraction upgrades (Jungle Cruise). The curve on the progress graph was always heading up: even when we lost beloved attractions like the Indian Village, Mine Train or Carousel of Progress, we got top flight new ones -- Bear Country, Big Thunder and America Sings.

As the song says, we thought it would go on like that forever.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-21-2009 at 08:33 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I've always thanked my folks for buying a house in Anaheim (pre Disneyland). It was so special to grow up just a few miles from the park and have the feeling that it was really "ours".

• "I Break Things"

Re: 50 Magical Years made me cry like a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Thanks Mommyto4 for a great post!!

From having been there in the day as a kid, teen and young adult, I think that in hindsight the most mindboggling thing about DL's "Golden Age" was how WED kept topping themselves with amazing showmanship and astonishing uses of technology. No matter how diehard a DL fan you were, no matter how knowledgeable, every few years there was something new that made you go Wow! The Matterhorn, Monorail and Submarines were the hottest ticket in town -- but turned out to be just a warmup for the Tiki Room, Mr. Lincoln and Small World.

By the mid-60's the attitude of we geeks wasn't if Disneyland's next attraction would make our jaws drop open, only how wide. Even after losing Walt, WED kept stepping up to the plate and batting 'em out of the park: Tomorrowland '67, New Orleans Square, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Bear County, Big Thunder. And that's just the E-Ticket stuff -- there was a more or less constant stream of smaller goodies in food (Tahitian Terrace, Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, Hungry Bear); merchandise (One of a Kind and the other NOS shops); entertainment (MSEP, anyone?) and a sprinkling of small, fun attraction upgrades (Jungle Cruise). The curve on the progress graph was always heading up: even when we lost beloved attractions like the Indian Village, Mine Train or Carousel of Progress, we got top flight new ones -- Bear Country, Big Thunder and America Sings.

As the song says, we thought it would go on like that forever.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I've always thanked my folks for buying a house in Anaheim (pre Disneyland). It was so special to grow up just a few miles from the park and have the feeling that it was really "ours".
    ARGH! You have no idea how much I and my siblings groveled and pleaded and kissed parental heinie to get our folks to move to Anaheim, nor how much we envied Uber-Kids like you who got to live there! But it was not to be. Thanks to the possession of our parents by Disney-hating demons, every place we lived was always two torturous, nail-biting, Matterhorn-spotting hours' drive from Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    I was there for the last pubic show I got so emotional
    Proof reading is your friend!

I liked the show, it was very humorous and very touching. I learned a lot about the park that I didn't know before, and it was great! I'm glad that they're (hopefully) planning on putting the film in the waiting area for Mr. Lincoln.

• De la Terre la Luke

Thanks for posting these Mommyto4, they were so great!

And thank you all. who keep Disneyland alive with your hopes and dreams. I am still emotional today at what is gone, what was and never will be again. I now wish all my heart I was you who got to see the real magic in the parks. I am just new to the parks these last several years, but to you all who treasure and hold dear what was sacred and will be My hat goes off to you !! Thank you for opening my eyes Im now seeing " the magic" I did not see before !! and I will be sure my kids see it to !

I love that movie....see the little boy in the Power Ranger Suit right after Walt??? Thats my son! So proud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    I love that movie....see the little boy in the Power Ranger Suit right after Walt??? Thats my son! So proud!!!
    really?? OMG I am off to look now!!! THATS TOTALLY COOL!!

•   
    • Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Appreciate the post, but be careful of posting links to copyrighted material.
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast