• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Strategic Planning for Summer Nightastic

I really am lost as to how I'm going to get the most out of Summer Nightastic tomorrow, most likely being the only day I'll be able to go until late August.

My worries mostly revolve around the fireworks. In my Disneyland visiting history I haven't been too lucky with Disney's fireworks shows...okay I haven't been that lucky at all.

I'm especially scarred from one of my recent visits, during which the fireworks were cancelled after me and my step-dad (who hadn't visited in years) were trying to get one last glimpse of RDCT before Magical and waited 2 1/2 hours to do so.

So my question is, is Magical worth the risk of missing out on Fantasmic! and the Electrical parade? Goodness knows if I choose to camp out for fireworks I can kiss these shows goodbye.

And even worse, if Magical gets cancelled I'll leave disneyland empty handed when it comes to night time entertainment.

Now there is always the flip side. If I choose to camp out a spot for Fantasmic! i'll be able to see a possible showing of Magical but miss out on Dumbo and Tinkerbell. But of course if i want a decent spot for Fantasmic! I can only assume I'd have to miss out on Electrical Parade.

As you can see I have no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Help??

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Strategic Planning for Summer Nightastic

I'm in the same situation. I think I'm going to just hope for the best and try to get a good spot for the fireworks. Since, last I heard, F! isn't 100%, I'm going to wait until later in the summer to watch it. Electrical Parade isn't at the top of my list, so I'm going to wait for that as well.
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    I really am lost as to how I'm going to get the most out of Summer Nightastic tomorrow, most likely being the only day I'll be able to go until late August.

My worries mostly revolve around the fireworks. In my Disneyland visiting history I haven't been too lucky with Disney's fireworks shows...okay I haven't been that lucky at all.

I'm especially scarred from one of my recent visits, during which the fireworks were cancelled after me and my step-dad (who hadn't visited in years) were trying to get one last glimpse of RDCT before Magical and waited 2 1/2 hours to do so.

So my question is, is Magical worth the risk of missing out on Fantasmic! and the Electrical parade? Goodness knows if I choose to camp out for fireworks I can kiss these shows goodbye.

And even worse, if Magical gets cancelled I'll leave disneyland empty handed when it comes to night time entertainment.

Now there is always the flip side. If I choose to camp out a spot for Fantasmic! i'll be able to see a possible showing of Magical but miss out on Dumbo and Tinkerbell. But of course if i want a decent spot for Fantasmic! I can only assume I'd have to miss out on Electrical Parade.

As you can see I have no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Help??
    Here is what i did 2 weeks ago and got to see everything in one night.....

1. I got a good spot behind everybody standing up for the electrical parade so i could get out of the park first to beat those fireworks crowds.

2. Rushed down to the middle of Main Street, found a small crevice in the crowd big enough for 4 people and watched the fireworks.

3. After the fireworks i rushed to the Rivers of America and got a riverfront seating big enough for 5 people. Rested for about an hour for Fantasmic! to start.

4. After Fantasmic! I leisurely went on my way to Pixie Hollow to see the little water/lights show over there.

5. Made my way down to TLT Dance Club and stayed there for 2 hours and finished my night there.

Hope this helps!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Something I haven't done yet, but if you time and plan it right, it can possibly work:

Watch EP from the start, so around Route 66/Jumpin' Jellyfish/Rustworthy. After it ends, follow it up until you get to Golden State where The Little Mermaid walls are, take the Grand Californian exit, and then go to the Monorail station (I don't know how the lines are, but I heard they run it during the fireworks because they don't launch anything from the Matterhorn?). If you don't mind not being in front of the castle, go to Fantasyland. You'll be able to see Tink and the backside of Dumbo, and also you're almost guaranteed a spot because not a lot of people watch it from there. After that, take the Frontierland trail into the F! area for the 10:30 show, BUT most likely the seating areas will be full and try to find a good standing spot.

I hope that helps a little, if you choose to walk to the front gates after EP, go ALL THE WAY toward the Kennels, as those lines are shorter (but still take the Grand Californian exit, trust me, you'll beat a very good portion of the crowd).

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Seeing as the higher SoCal pass is not blocked out tomorrow, I would wait until tomorrow afternoon to solidify your plans. We could see a repeat of last week, and the parks could be very very busy with those APs. If the park does get very busy, they could possibly throw on another F! showing at 11:30, in which case you could get a good seat for Magical, and then take your time to go see the last F! I called the Disneyland phone line and they will only know if there will be an 11:30 F! tomorrow afternoon, so remember to check in with the CMs tomorrow!

• Parmageddon Jim

Or, do what we did on the first night of Fantasmic. Let the Electrical Parade wait until your next visit, watch Fantasmic!, and enjoy Magical from the Rivers of America.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

My perfect strategy-----
    1.Wait for the Elecrtical parade at the "Golden Dreams" ( but the contruction wall is everywhere now, so it make there a ugly place to watch parade.)
    2. Run through to Mian street to catch the firework.
    3. Take on the train to New Orleans, and get a perfect spot for fantasmic)

This was supposed to be the perfect strategy for me last Monday.....
    But the electrical parade was purposly delayed for 15 minutes, so we only can watched the finale of the fireworks... And we went back to Disneyland the next day, We got "five diamond star" seats for the 1130 Fan! show ( we got the spot around 11:00), We just love the 11:30 Fan! show.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Exclamation Re: Strategic Planning for Summer Nightastic

Okay here is my personal experience and why you should to Magical and Disney Electrical Parade on different days

I wanted to watch all the shows at once but that was never going to happen because I had foreseen all the crowds at the Disneyland Resort.
    So right after I got off Soarin we headed to Mullohand Madness so we can grab a good spot of the Electrical Parade so come to find out the Parade was late 20-30 minutes depending on your location. We tried to escape the huge corwds but we were engulfed. So we literally ran to catch the Finally of Magical (We ran through the Grizzly Trail) and crashed into another crowd at the Sunshine Plaza. Fireworks were going off and the Electrical Parade hadnt finished. (oh ) We zipped around and made it into Disneyland (HUGE LINE AT THE GATES) Luckily we got to to see the Finally but the crowds made a run for Fantasmic viewing area that it was so bad that crowd control forced traffic into Tommorowland. People were being told to not go through Adventureland ot Frontireland. It was BAD. Three Crowds crashed into one big MOB. People entering Disneyland People leaving Fantasmic and People leaving Disneyland and People heading to Fantasmic so it was more than three. Guest Control tried to make a difference but there was no use. The Crowds literally overwhelmed the crowds it was awful. So they directed me into Fantasyland all the was into Frontierland so when I got there there was this huge CROWD in the viewing areas. Then came the annoucement FANATASMIC FULL for the 1030 show. As far as I know it is possible but Difficult just have alot of patience. Summer this time around will have huge crowds at the Disneyland Resort. Another thing to avoid waiting in big lines for parking check if the Buzz lot is open For me it is quicket way to get into Disneyland if it is Busy
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak