A couple of questions

We are coming to Dl in August and were wondering if guests of the DL Hotel still get in early every magic morning day or just one now?

Also, When were in California Adventure a couple of years ago they had a band playing 50's music, do they still have any traveling bands in the park? We had a great time dancing with our girls and hoped to repeat the fun.
    Thanks

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

Re: A couple of questions

Quote Originally Posted by twingirlsmom View Post
    We are coming to Dl in August and were wondering if guests of the DL Hotel still get in early every magic morning day or just one now?

Also, When were in California Adventure a couple of years ago they had a band playing 50's music, do they still have any traveling bands in the park? We had a great time dancing with our girls and hoped to repeat the fun.
    Thanks
    Not sure on the first question ....

...On the second question, it sounds like you may have been visiting during a promotion event a couple years ago? Was it big band music? If so, they do that on a regular basis at the Carnation Gardens in Disneyland. Each park has different street performers ... do you recall what part of the park you were in by chance?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by twingirlsmom View Post

Thanks
    When I stayed with my family last year we were allowed in early on certain select days I would recommend calling in to verify which days are available.

• Banned User

Yes guests of the Disneyland hotels may use the MM every morning it is available. They also get to use the DCA entrance from the GCH.

Currently there is a 50's group of men who are great singers and they appear in DCA usually on the Hollywood main street near Playhouse Disney. I seen them when me and Piper were in DCA on a Wednesday. They are excellent and close to what you are seeking. I love them and hope to hear them again. They sing without musical accompaniment.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^^

Yes, she speaks the truth.

• Banned User

A long time ago about the time of 9/11 there was a group of men who played workers from Condor Flats. They had the most beautiful voices and tended to do 50's style of music. I remember them singing Stand By Me but cannot remember the rest. I would always take time to see them. From what I remember they banged on oild drums but mostly were also without musical instruments except the oil drums.

• TheoryOfEverythingMickey

That group is called the Daddyo's, and they are fun to listen to.

I could be wrong, but I think Twingirlsmom was asking about the group that played '50's/'60's Beach Boys type tunes while on a trailer being pulled around by an old car (a Woody, I think). It was a CA surfing theme. They would stop and let the kids (and big kids) dance. They would pass out hula-hoops and stuff. Fun times. Do they still play during the summer?

Yes, that's them. I remember the car now that you mention it. Do they still play? They were great!

• Banned User

Nope, not seen them lately and oh that group. I remember them also and they are long gone. right now they are pushing the High School Musical as the entertainment filler in busy days. Sorry but you said 50's and to me the Beach Boys and surfers are the 60's. I confuse easily.

Even if they are not there you can have lots of fun with the current street performers and characters. Have fun.

• Mean Mermaid

Magic mornings are on every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (except for special exceptions I assume). If you are staying at a regular hotel, but have a three-day park hopper you only get one magic morning. But because you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, you can go to each magic morning you are lodged at the Disneyland hotel.